U.S. consumers will miss out on the Exynos 5420 with the Samsung Galaxy Note III
0. phoneArena 16 Aug 2013, 00:41 posted on
A published report on Thursday thrust a dagger through the heart of U.S. consumers who were hoping that Samsung's Exynos chip would make its way on to the U.S. version of the upcoming Samsung Galaxy Note III; the report states that there will be two variants of the Samsung Galaxy Note III. The SN-900 will offer 3G connectivity and will be powered with an Octa-core 1.8GHz Samsung Exynos 5420 with the ARM Mali-T628 MP6 GPU...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. mariosuneo4 (banned) (Posts: 75; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
SD800 Is also powerful when combined with 3 gb RAM
bring it Samsung....
10. mariosuneo4 (banned) (Posts: 75; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
dont pretend as if we dont know u r a nokia fanboy
better buy htc or nokia phablet
dont buy note 3
its not made.for u
17. legoguy (Posts: 17; Member since: 16 Aug 2013)
yes any underwhelming device is made for you since your just going to roll over like a dog and accept it
19. mariosuneo4 (banned) (Posts: 75; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
u can stop it?
so better buy HTC or SONY
no one cares
44. darkkjedii (Posts: 10398; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
If you don't care, then why are posts 10 and 19 there?
28. ollienightly (Posts: 37; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
well, you got overheated chip (from both variants), then it simply underclocks . so, why bother.
54. TechTitan (Posts: 9; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
Since it's still more than enough speed and performance for gaming and multitasking, I"m actually excited about the SD800 and it's quickcharge 2.0 feature.
27. special4u (Posts: 63; Member since: 22 May 2013)
US citizen are not buying the octa gimmick & benchmark craps .
they want something solid and real!
51. Shatter (Posts: 1989; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Most people do not care about specs, they want a fast phone that does everything and thats it.
6. legoguy (Posts: 17; Member since: 16 Aug 2013)
It's OK??? so is it also ok that they but pratically the same battery in the note 3 as the note 2 or when they come out it'll look pratically the same??? what a loyal fanboy
26. XiphiasGladius (Posts: 801; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
whoa! who say’s only fanboys will buy them? probably 99% of buyers won’t even care about it (your concern).
38. AstronautJones (Posts: 249; Member since: 01 Aug 2012)
Actually, rumor is it is at least 10% bigger battery. And the Note 2 battery is as big or bigger than battery in the Sony xperia Z ultra.
41. legoguy (Posts: 17; Member since: 16 Aug 2013)
3200mah from 3100mah. before it would've been at leat a 500mah increase
32. 8logic (Posts: 130; Member since: 05 Mar 2012)
boycotting samsung for the double standard of product. why is it only the koreans that gets the best???????
12. mariosuneo4 (banned) (Posts: 75; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
if u care then go to singapore
as it will get both variants
if u care so much then i am sure u will get it from singapore
4. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1311; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
all i need to see is a galaxy note 10.1 second gen
5. legoguy (Posts: 17; Member since: 16 Aug 2013)
wtf samsung I thought the note line was supposed to be where you take a chance and wow us with something not more of the "SAME". The note is now nothing special: first there was the pathetic battery boost of only 100mah which is not enough for the adreno 330 as shown with the lg g2 battery test. Now you can't supply us with the exynos chip--- so what's the excuse this time? can't make enough??? I can't wait for sammy to take another hit on their stock price for this blunder... didn't they learn when the s4 failed and got hit because of low sales???
sighhhhh shaking my head
9. mariosuneo4 (banned) (Posts: 75; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
simple dont buy
better get htc max
and stop complaining
samsung dont care about 100 peoples like u
they care for other millions of peoples which will get it
11. legoguy (Posts: 17; Member since: 16 Aug 2013)
don't buy-simple? I thought it was important to voice out what shoudl be and not just what is. Its people like you and your answer to just look the other way that will stun growth. If you never complain we would still be burning candles for light
13. mariosuneo4 (banned) (Posts: 75; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
yes i dont care
if there was too much to care about then gs4 wouldnt have sold near to 30 million in such a short soan of time
so u better dont get or go to singapore
16. legoguy (Posts: 17; Member since: 16 Aug 2013)
Idk know what you just said except something about moving to singapore which is a dumb answer. I guess any crap manufacture put out is ok for you huh?
18. mariosuneo4 (banned) (Posts: 75; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
samsung dont care about u :D
accept this fact
u can shift to nokia or htc or sony for a phablet which will have less RAM :D
20. legoguy (Posts: 17; Member since: 16 Aug 2013)
doesn't change the fact the note line is becoming underwhelming. great for you if you just roll over and accept it like a blind fanboy
21. mariosuneo4 (banned) (Posts: 75; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
i am a fanboy
and i need atleast 3 gigs of ram either SD or exynos
i dont care and i can carry 2-3 extra batteries
40. legoguy (Posts: 17; Member since: 16 Aug 2013)
point is shouldn't have to if they just gave us bigger batteries y can't you see the light sammy is going cheap on us?
22. bitlebron (Posts: 8; Member since: 04 Apr 2012)
I hope u guyz stop hatin' on each other.. Anyways i Think both variants will be Ok.. nuthin' 2 much though.. since The S800 is also a powerful processor.. Jus sayin' coz i've got the exynos GS4 n i don't c
so much difference with the S600 version.. .. Enjoy Android n 4get about the specs ( I'm sayin' coz as of now.. the specs are already maxed out-- 3GB Ram n Fast processor perhaps moderate battery life) so... em... Thats it..
39. legoguy (Posts: 17; Member since: 16 Aug 2013)
the 5410 was faulty sammy fixes that mess and came out with the 5420 which also has the t628mp6 gpu which is ways better than the adreno 330 and the powervr in the 5410
24. wando77 (Posts: 268; Member since: 23 Aug 2012)
I'm glad you guys know exactly how the note 3 will perform and how long the battery will last.....before it's even announced. Cheers for the info guys
37. legoguy (Posts: 17; Member since: 16 Aug 2013)
it will most likely be similiar to the lg g2 since 3200mah is more than the L2 battery but than lg g2 has the gram to help.
25. XiphiasGladius (Posts: 801; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
I want that dual sim variant. come on samsung release it here in SEA. >.
29. flynfree (Posts: 374; Member since: 09 Jun 2013)
Bit disappointment! I must prefer exynos cpu for gnote series like what they did to gnote2 for U S consumer.
My gnote2 slip away from my hand and goes to my wife and she smile secretly. But to know that my next gnote is not equip with exynos, i am just thinking and little bit disappointed!!!
30. JMartin22 (Posts: 756; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
The Exynos 5420 might have a slightly better CPU and a more powerful GPU, but it's not worth the trade off of LTE if you have it in your market; especially when the Snapdragon 800 is still very capable and is considered one of the best, still. It's more likely to have better community support down the line as well.
45. JMartin22 (Posts: 756; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
That doesn't mean the current generation Exynos chips do. For some bizarre reason
33. jan25 (Posts: 384; Member since: 26 Feb 2012)
am i the only one who would prefer the S800 over the Exynos?
35. legoguy (Posts: 17; Member since: 16 Aug 2013)
why? big.little is the future. The note series originally was meant to be a step up above the rest and you want it to have the same chip?
46. Kevinphantom (Posts: 82; Member since: 17 Jun 2013)
There is 8x support for anti aliasing in n900 I prefer better graphics than a lte that I don't use
47. tedkord (Posts: 4487; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
No, you're not. The S800 will give you equivalent real world performance, and so far is more battery efficient. And, if you're into custom roms, etc...It will have more support with devs.
50. rdeleonp (Posts: 43; Member since: 21 Jan 2012)
Developer support is where it's at.
48. NickSDC (Posts: 17; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
GOOD. Ha. I want to sport SD800 in my 3rd gen Note. Plus I live in San Diego and like supporting "local" businesses. And it beats Exynos in the power management department. Whats not to love about Snap Dragon processors?
49. k1ng617 (Posts: 242; Member since: 13 Oct 2009)
Can someone point me to proof the Exynos it's proven better than the s800?
53. Topcat488 (Posts: 1124; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
Even the MediaTek chip is kicking SD800 butt, the problem is LTE and Dev. support are for Snapdragon these days... When Samsung get their octa updated maybe.
52. rallyguy (Posts: 532; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
S800 is supposed to have better power management and faster recharge of the battery. The 800 will hold it's own. Besides did anyone think otherwise. I don't want to give up LTE-A.
55. pratim (Posts: 1; Member since: 19 Aug 2013)
Hey guys! I'm from India and want to know that which processor is best Snapdragon800 or Exynos 5420 ? Samsung is not launching its Note3 SD800 version in India though..!