U.S. and Canadian HTC One (M8) users receive update that will save battery life
0. phoneArena 23 Apr 2014, 13:29 posted on
Outside of the U.S. and Canada, the HTC One (M8) featured an Extreme Power Saving Mode. With this feature enabled, all but the most important parts of the phone are shut down, saving battery life. How much battery life does it save? Glad you asked. With the EPSM switch turned on, HTC One (M8) users receive an extra 24 hours of standby time, taking into consideration the odd call or text...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. newbey123 (Posts: 555; Member since: 19 Mar 2012)
Awesome! The best just got better. Good job HTC.
6. The-Sailor-Man (banned) (Posts: 1095; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
Now is coming update for 8MP-13MP camera , smaller bezels, bigger and swappable battery, lighter device and better S801 , and stronger ALUMINUM
8. JC557 (Posts: 1321; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
So it was the FCC and not the carriers (or HTC since people kept blaming them) that were to blame for the delay. I mean it sounds decent of them to look out for the emergency call aspect but the extreme power mode shouldn't have caused any issue in the first place.
4. HTCOE (Posts: 632; Member since: 20 Nov 2011)
no update yet...but other than this news... the only issue i have is finding and buying a Black HTC Dot View case... i wish LifeProof designed one for them
9. NoFanboy (Posts: 298; Member since: 18 Nov 2013)
Doubt it'll be out on vzw soon . We just got an update last week.
10. NoFanboy (Posts: 298; Member since: 18 Nov 2013)
After reading the source link it seems this is only for Canadian wireless so far
11. phatdaddio21 (Posts: 15; Member since: 17 Aug 2013)
No update on mine yet ,, it will make the best even better ,,so I hope to get it soon
14. phatdaddio21 (Posts: 15; Member since: 17 Aug 2013)
Haven't got a update from verizon about camera or battery life for my HTC 1 and I'm thinking we might not even get it as I've called them and was told they knew nothing about it