U.S. Sony Store has Sony Xperia Z for sale
0. phoneArena 05 May 2013, 23:38 posted on
Statesiders can now order the Sony Xperia Z directly in the U.S. from the Sony Store although the model offered is the HSPA+ version which means no 4G LTE connectivity; T-Mobile is expected to have an exclusive on the LTE enabled model of the water and dust proof Android flavored flagship model of the Japanese manufacturer...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. dflash (Posts: 12; Member since: 10 Apr 2013)
I have the phone and for me is the best phone right now. I always say first get the phone then comment
2. GeekMovement (Posts: 1521; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
Awesome phones never get CDMA connectivity, always a bummer. :/
11. pyradark (Posts: 784; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
late is never an option to sony!!!
12. valapsp (Posts: 484; Member since: 12 Aug 2011)
Oh god I love this phone AND I HATE THE WORDS "HAHAHA" AND "LOL". sorry the latter part was off topic but I had to say.
14. pyradark (Posts: 784; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
everyone knows sony is always late, and still they dont extinct that easily.
what doesnt kill you makes you stronger, one of sony music best selling song last year :)
4. Azure01 (Posts: 126; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Damn that's incredibly stupid. Why would they lock LTE to one courier? Well they are releasing their heavy contender later on this year so I guess they don't much care about sales stateside.
5. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
FInally Sony? You're too slow! But never mind, at least the phone has arrived to the U.S. .
6. emadshiny (Posts: 1142; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
yeah, this is the worst part of their strategy.
they easily loose their share in US.
7. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Yeah, that's why they need to be FAST to catch up with their competitors and their share in the U.S. as well.
9. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5956; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Yeah, it sure looks like another opportunity lost for Sony. Even AT&T is well along with their LTE implementation. Why Sony chose to save maybe $10 in cost on LTE capability, is beyond me.
Too many other good phones sucking the oxygen out of the room for Sony right now.
10. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Yeah, I agree. Sony has lost all their energy.
If Sony keep on doing like that, I hate to say this, but, Sony is gonna lose the competition, and there's no hope for Sony to win this year.
17. akki20892 (Posts: 3659; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
sony need hurry to launch in At&t, Verizon, T-mobile, and Sprint. or at least at&t and verizon.
15. pyradark (Posts: 784; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
but not on build quality, tell that to your boss sammy!!!
16. dorianb (Posts: 429; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Honestly I don't see what the problem is. The Nexus 4 doesn't have LTE either. Right now they are the same price, & basically identical (Z & ZL). So just decide if you want LTE (ZL) or water/dust proof with a extra hour of battery life (Z).
18. jcpwn2004 (Posts: 314; Member since: 18 Jan 2012)
629?, this phone should go for ~500 max. The nexus 4 is 300$.
21. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6743; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
WTF SONY I just bought the XPERIA GO. i was waiting for the XPERIA Z too drop down in price. damn it
22. gundamexia450 (Posts: 26; Member since: 21 Dec 2011)
Just a beautiful phone that will fall in the hand of mine, but the obstacle of pricing kills me...............