U.S. HTC One owners can only look on as Android 4.2.2 gets pushed out overseas
0. phoneArena 07 Jul 2013, 03:38 posted on
Signs that the European version of the HTC One was about to receive an update to Android 4.2.2 started to be seen at the end of last month; at the end of June, the dual SIM version of the phone, available only in China, received the update. As the current month rolled into its second day, Android 4.2.2 rolled out for the version of the HTC One in Taiwan...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. abdane (Posts: 494; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
my HTC One still didn't receive the update... i live in the Middle East...
27. akki20892 (Posts: 3874; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
still have not check yet, can't wait to update.
2. FlushGordon (unregistered)
Pity those who own the HTC One for they will never EVER get a Key Lime Pie upgrade.
5. FlushGordon (unregistered)
err...when pigs fly
21. ngo2dd (Posts: 896; Member since: 08 Jul 2011)
How about we they do you can never come back. You troll
10. HASHTAG (unregistered)
Looks like someone doesn't know HTC's history with phone upgrades.
8. abdane (Posts: 494; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
i never thought one day i would buy a phone that is other than Samsung, and yet i did, i bought the HTC One, but if HTC didn't update it to KLP, i will never ever buy another HTC device again :)
29. mauricioganem (Posts: 1; Member since: 12 Mar 2013)
Hi, can you tel me about your experience so far with HTC One, do you like it, it's better than S4? ;-)
17. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10312; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I want to know where all the HTC One fans are at now. They were raving that it's the best phone ever made and HTC will change their ways with their update cycle but to be honest, it's just becoming a flop.
24. abdane (Posts: 494; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
i don't regret buying it, but updating to latest is a MUST for flagship phones, and if HTC fails at it, they will keep failing forever !
3. preet27in (banned) (Posts: 173; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
when will htc one X receieve its update?
14. lovefist (unregistered)
hey, you haven't seen HTC's new logo?
HTC, Quietly not updating and forgets you the minute they have your money =D
15. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10312; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Q1 of 2014 or probably give a bogus excuse stating it'a "not stable."
7. _Bone_ (Posts: 2154; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Lol, it'll be September when the last HTC One owners get an OS version that was released a year before. In the meantime, Samsung is all but ready to push 4.3 out just waiting on Google.
On the other hand I urge HTC One owners NOT to flash the 4.2.2 ROM just yet and see how does it perform for others in the upcoming weeks. 4.2 seems to be choppier all over Android compared to 4.1.
9. MachidoDen (banned) (Posts: 202; Member since: 30 May 2013)
can't even update device like htc one s which runs on krait pricessor
11. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Suxs too own a HTC ? First their crappy ONE S don't get a update then their ONE. U guys should boycott for not buying HTC phones ever.
16. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10312; Member since: 14 May 2012)
The HTC One S isn't a crappy phone. If you've ever used it in person, you'd know it's smooth, even running on 4.0.4. Their excuse of it not able to run 4.1.1 is BS. They don't want to spend the money to invest in a phone that will later have owners buy from them again.
12. rizevnarastek (Posts: 338; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
Great update, zero lag, so many new options...
19. MrTzr (unregistered)
Even Sony was quicker with the xperia z.
20. SmartPhoneStream (Posts: 162; Member since: 21 Jun 2012)
People blaming HTC when it's actually carriers fault. SMH
22. ngo2dd (Posts: 896; Member since: 08 Jul 2011)
Ya the S4 has 4.2.2 but it lag when it cone out. My 4.1.2 is faster then the 4.2 for Samsung
23. flynfree (Posts: 374; Member since: 09 Jun 2013)
I just shutdown my hTc One and use my gnote 2 to check for update and read the comment's here. Happy Holy Day to every 1!
25. nyamo (Posts: 274; Member since: 19 Mar 2011)
meh, offical updates are a moot point for the small minority who run custom software. i've been on 4.2.2 since the end of may and have no problems with it. only down side is the updated touch drivers make the soft keys more responsive but break in AOSP roms. but with the official ota coming that should be fixed in the coming weeks