U.S. Appeals Court gives Apple a chance to immediately block Samsung tablet sales
0. phoneArena 14 May 2012, 12:42 posted on
A U.S. Appeals Court ruled Monday that Apple can ask for an immediate block of the sale of some Samsung tablets based on the infringement of one Apple patent; the Appeals Court said that a U.S. District Judge in California was mistaken when he ruled that Apple failed to show that it could win the case...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. jove39 (Posts: 1498; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Samsung's sales department wil have a excuse now for poor tablet sales...oh apple blocked it...lol
20. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
I would sue Apple for copying rectangles, sorry tablets:
3. jmoita2 (Posts: 930; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
Way to go, Apple. Try to stay on top by stifling competition as always. Sore losers!!!
34. gallitoking (Posts: 4704; Member since: 17 May 2011)
sore losers?.. the galaxy tab was never a competition for the ipad...
44. humandroid (Posts: 58; Member since: 11 May 2012)
And since apples "products" are stuffed full of Samsung parts, every argument you make is invalid.
48. Lucas777 (Posts: 2137; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
since when do we live in a world where it is bad to use other companies products/services… basic econ?
88. humandroid (Posts: 58; Member since: 11 May 2012)
Didn't say it was. I was calling him out on the irony of him hating samsung when they make a lot of the internals for apples novelties.
60. fernsruben (Posts: 28; Member since: 10 May 2012)
duh!!! its economics.......................non core production!!! there aint any moral motive involved like-------"Im usin ya processor.........so dnt worry...............il hardly compete against you"
doesnt work that way.........the marketing sector n production sector work seperately.
right now its the marketin n sales sector of apple's that's playin stupid..............................where in the background the same sector is suffering with all non core units for the production line of their products!!!!
So humandroid's reply is valid in every sense!!
85. sithman (banned) (Posts: 299; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Maybe invalid to u, jus too bad ur not a court of law buddy.
84. sithman (banned) (Posts: 299; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
It sure wasn't and the new one blows
77. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7035; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Apple is always afraid of competition. They only CARE BOUT THEIR STOCKS and CASH IN THEIR POCKETS. their afraid they might loose money. This show you how much of a pssy Apple really is
4. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Wow, if you cannot beat 'em....sue them, when you feel threatened.
35. gallitoking (Posts: 4704; Member since: 17 May 2011)
or if you cant beat the,,.. copy them.
45. humandroid (Posts: 58; Member since: 11 May 2012)
K? That's all apple does is copy features from other manufacturers, I'm shocked you would slam the company you're so disturbingly in love with like that.
5. dcgore (Posts: 212; Member since: 24 Feb 2012)
Just curious to see what chaos something like this would cause. Do it!
6. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Apple's goal is to have an iphone in every household and every hand of every person in America...then hit the self destruct button.
61. fernsruben (Posts: 28; Member since: 10 May 2012)
And then siri comes out "Sorry for the inconvenience, cannot connect to the apple servers"
7. androidornothing (Posts: 143; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
@networkdood that was the funiiest thing ive ever heard in my life!!!!!! lol stupid Apple they well threathned. Ahhh who cares Samsung will kick their white *** anyday.
8. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1439; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Wasn't the ugly SG3 design enough to push Apple away?
9. Iphone4 (unregistered)
samsung will come up will something like aways
12. Iphone4 (unregistered)
Samsung will come up with something. You think they will stay quite? NO
62. fernsruben (Posts: 28; Member since: 10 May 2012)
Agree........................................................i feel this is the reason they overhauled the design of SGiii.............................................................
Since iPhone doesnt use polycarb either!!!
who knows we'll see some more awesome flagship in the near future!!
10. x7black7x (Posts: 118; Member since: 19 Feb 2012)
if the first phone maker sued every other phone maker we wouldnt have seen apple
11. Cosmo (Posts: 32; Member since: 03 May 2012)
awesome! Samsung hasnt done anything original the past few years after the iPhone came out.. Apple has always been the winner.. BLAH BLAH BLAH Samsung!
22. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
Apple brought anything new?
Dont say, what exactly? Rectangle?
64. fernsruben (Posts: 28; Member since: 10 May 2012)
NOTHING?????-------------------------------Samsung pioneered the touch phone...................................AMOLED.....................................App Server database........................................................Sleeker designs....................................................................Samsung never stood up against apple........................it was apple that started actin once Galaxy sales kicked over the sales of iphone...
13. tariqinifinityblade (Posts: 9; Member since: 01 Apr 2012)
apple fanboys make me laugh you do know that A5 and A5x cpu found on ipad 2 and iphone 4s and the new ipad is made by samsung? and the whole tablet pc idea is inspired by bill gates? but i agree that samsung is a stupid company why don't they use such great processors on their tablets and phones? i don't get it if anyone can explain it to me i appreciate it.
16. mrochester (unregistered)
I don't even know why you think this is relevant. The CPU in the iPhone and iPad being manufactured by Samsung doesn't preclude Apple from sueing Samsung over something else.
14. gallitoking (Posts: 4704; Member since: 17 May 2011)
dont know why the Sammy kids are backpedaling on this.. is not like the Galaxy tabs were selling anyways...
18. humandroid (Posts: 58; Member since: 11 May 2012)
oh gee duuhurrr idunno, maybe because it's F*CKED UP and apple is doing what they do best (lawsuits) which is take away choices from the consumer. They cannot be the "best" option in any area, so they are shooting to be the ONLY option. Freaking pathetic.
23. gallitoking (Posts: 4704; Member since: 17 May 2011)
calm down the galaxy tabs have around a year so if you didnt buy one , most likely you wont now. and dont blame Apple for you not having a galaxy tab.. is your undecision to buy one when you have the chance and option...
25. humandroid (Posts: 58; Member since: 11 May 2012)
Shut up, troll. You are not even worth debating.
65. fernsruben (Posts: 28; Member since: 10 May 2012)
they were,...............................which planet are u from??
78. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7035; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Their wouldn't be NO iPhone if Samsung hadn't made their chips or any other components inside the iPhone
15. sprockkets (Posts: 1581; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
Oh no, Apple will ban last years model galaxy tab no longer in production. Samsung is doomed.
28. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
exactly. these trolls are not smart enough to remember what the lawsuit was actually about.
19. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 1017; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
Apple should know by now that ever since the original iPhone came out, EVERY phone company would try to mimic, but not copy, its design!!! personally i dont care because at the end of the day....................WE ARE IN A CAPITALISTIC SOCIETY!!!!
Only the strong survive!! we dont sue people because they are mimIcing our ideas, we come up with ways to improve our products and our image!! seems to me that every company is copying off each other so whats the big deal!! we are creatures of habit and when one company (Apple) makes a revolutionary product, everyone else (Nokia, Motorola, Samsung, HTC, LG, etc.) will follow the same suit and tweek it so that it wont look "just like" the original.
If I were Apple, id be glad that companies are mimicing us because that means that they have no originality lol!! i'd let it go because what Samsung is doing isnt changing the amount of money thats rolling into Apple. before, during, and after this lawsuit, you're still a BILLION DOLLAR COMPANY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
21. ivanko34 (Posts: 617; Member since: 04 Sep 2011)
Samsung will continue to make lot of money with the sales of electronic components used by apple
US customers will have much less choice also only apple tablets
24. gallitoking (Posts: 4704; Member since: 17 May 2011)
trust me Apple is doing you a favor by taking away those bust of a tablet of the streets
26. humandroid (Posts: 58; Member since: 11 May 2012)
I would never buy an apple product, even if that was my only option. So no, they did me no favors. People that are anti apple are not going to just shrug and say "well you got me, I'll bite" once apple removes the other (better) choices. Dumbass.
31. VZWuser76 (Posts: 2698; Member since: 04 Mar 2010)
While I'm not a fan of Apple (or Samsung for that matter) I could never be enough of an A-hole to be ok with anyone losing choices. I would feel the same way if someone were telling you that you couldn't choose an iPad. Something EVERYONE needs to get through their skulls, no one device or manufacturer is right for everyone. You like what you like, and I'll like what I like. When I went to get a tablet, I looked at a lot of different ones. The iPad was out mostly because of my past dealings with Apple products. I looked at the Galaxy Tab, but it also was missing things I was looking for. I ended up with a Toshiba Thrive, because it had what I wanted put of a tablet, full size HDMI, USB, & SD CARD slots. With the full size USB, I can hook up thumb drive/ ext. HDs, mouses & keyboards, hubs, etc. If need be it could be a laptop for me. The only tablet that came close was an Asus transformer, but other than using Bluetooth, no other tablet, iPad or Android, could do that without a lot more work. Plus, neither the iPad or Galaxy Tab had expandable memory, which was a must for me.
I get you like Apple, but why the hell does that justify talking my choices away from me?
27. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
1 important piece of info that is missing.
unless something is changed, apple is suing for the same design cues in the US as it was in Germany.
Do you guys remember what happened after germany? Samsung changed the design of its tablet enough to not be able to be sued. That was the galaxy tab 1. the tab1 is barely ever sold any more.. the new tab2 is out or about to be out. that tab was also designed to dance around apple's claims.
So long story short, the news is good for headlines, but thats about it. Dont get your panties in a bunch. Let em block sales of the tab 10.1.. its already been replaced.. lol. Just like they got that "big" injunction against moto for P2Z.. and it ended up being a bunch of phones like the Click that havent sold in a while.. big whoop.
69. mrochester (unregistered)
Yeah, I reckon Apple's persistance with this is to send the message that they won't tolerate other manufactures copying their designs. Samsung were at least wise enough to revise their design, so they definitely got the message!
33. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7035; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Dumb ass iJudge. This will really hurt a lot of consumers.
40. humandroid (Posts: 58; Member since: 11 May 2012)
See, here's the problem with a monopoly (I know, big word for someone with such a crippling learning disability): once you're the only player on the feild, you don't HAVE to put on a good show. If apple...."products".....are the only ones available they don't have to be quality since they're the only option. So yeah, in the end monopolies end up hurting the people rooting for it too.
80. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7035; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Not everyone in the world wants to purchase Apple products.
42. jmoita2 (Posts: 930; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
He probably typed his decision on a Macbook.
38. androidornothing (Posts: 143; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
@gallitoking u got to shut up u sound like an apple employee. And by the way ur arguments are ridiculous. Samsung will own mobile industry and no one can stop that. If Steve Jobs couldnt do it then forget it. NO ONE WILL BE ABLE TO TAKE DOWN ANDROID OR IT'S MANUFACTURERS!
41. humandroid (Posts: 58; Member since: 11 May 2012)
Dude, I don't think he has the ability nor the intelligence to be a McDonalds employee.
43. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Anyone that's objective can clearly see Samsung copied Apple. I find it funny when people say allowing Samsung to copy leads to innovation.
46. humandroid (Posts: 58; Member since: 11 May 2012)
And yet Samsung parts are what makes the iProducts what they are. You DO realize that, correct?
50. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Apple desings the chips, Samsung is just a dumb factory for them.
56. tedkord (Posts: 7359; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Well, no. ARM designs the CPUs. Apple makes minor modifications, chooses a GPU to pair it with, and sends those specs to a foundry (Samsung). Same for Samsung's Exynos - its an ARM design licensed and modified.
81. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7035; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Apple is even dumber to pay Samsung to build their chips when Apple doesn't wants to use it's own money to build their own components
82. mrochester (unregistered)
Humandroid, can you please explain to me why Apple's products having Samsung parts in them is even relevent? I've seen you mention this in a few places now and I'm really struggling to understand what the relation is between Apple buying and using Samsung parts in it's products and Apple sueing Samsung for breaching otherwise unrelated patents etc?