U.K. retailer sees 40% more pre-registrations for the Samsung Galaxy S 4 than the Galaxy S III
0. phoneArena 15 Mar 2013, 09:52 posted on
U.K. retailer Phones 4U had a 40% increase in pre-registrations for the Samsung Galaxy S 4 when compared to the number that signed up for the Samsung Galaxy S III over the same period; the Samsung Galaxy S 4 has already received the most pre-registrations than any other smartphone that has been introduced during 2013...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
17. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1064; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
well its a beast of a phone with the octa-core chip in international versions and an awesome 1080p FHD Super AMOLED display not to mention the most feature rich smartphone on the planet at this point....so of course this was expected!
18. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5047; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I know its a beast, but until now the design still disappoints me :(
34. doejon (Posts: 317; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
i actualy kinda like the design... looks damn hot in black
when the screen is off
24. AshishRomea (Posts: 145; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
its quad core chip ! wth 4 battery saving cores !
30. AnTuTu (Posts: 640; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
No doubt this Beast will sell like hotcakes.
Come on guys let's give a big round of applause to Samsung and its all engineers who put all their efforts to make it possible.
Well done guys you guys have done it again :)
32. bojan (Posts: 188; Member since: 06 Oct 2012)
all about the s4
29. abdane (Posts: 474; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
oh my god !!! whatever the post is, i always see someone complaining about the design... WHY ??? JUST WHY ??? the design is cool, if they changed it apple will start suing, and if you want aluminum then you will lose removable battery... get over it, don't like the design ? dont bitch about it !
31. laheelahee (Posts: 213; Member since: 09 Apr 2012)
i know, right? i think it looks better than the S3. now, that was too round... and the home button was totally awkward
35. heyhi (Posts: 123; Member since: 19 Feb 2013)
between the 3 of the flasgships this year, overall is the best IMHO....loses on the design department for the 2, for sure, but I think, overall specs, display and features, makes up for the design..the design is not spectacular, but a 5inch display on a frame of that size? still "small"and its thinner thans the S3, there's also the new fish finish, dots, i dont know what pattern it is, kind of cool, not premium....so, design acceptable and i would put a case on it anyway. Again, my humble opinion.
2. voxmarc (Posts: 299; Member since: 22 Aug 2012)
These are the reasons....
3. bojan (Posts: 188; Member since: 06 Oct 2012)
this was before it came out but now no one wants it LOL
4. SleepingOz (unregistered)
It is bascially the most powerful and the most feature-rich smartphone atm, until the next GNOTE. Why would no one want it?
9. ama3654 (Posts: 249; Member since: 27 Nov 2012)
If you go and see it physically and play with it, you'll know its a completely different beast from Note 2 and Galaxy S3, that's what people said about Galaxy S3 when it came out...oh its ugly bla bla bla...but once they saw it physically they just couldn't resist the beauty, hence the incredible sales, now S4 will follow suit
33. anthonyspapa (Posts: 11; Member since: 24 Jan 2013)
Your so right when the S3 was announced alot of people complained about the design. I was one of them and like alot of people I changed my mind after seeing it in person :P
5. bojan (Posts: 188; Member since: 06 Oct 2012)
because its just an upgrade just few new software and little hardward improvment no worth upgradeing or buying it when s5 will come out in the next coming months look at it no wow everyone will think you sill have the s3 LOL and the desgin is the same old boring and cheap looking plus the Note 3 is coming very soon so why buy it if there is a new phone in few months that has more features LOL
6. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Little hardware improvement?
You clearly don't know what hardware is
8. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
..actually it has more improved hardware than S3 had, at the time.
S3 has the same A9 based processor and same camera as the S2
10. SleepingOz (unregistered)
He said "hardward", dude.. Not hardware! xD
12. lovenyc8 (Posts: 164; Member since: 13 Mar 2013)
guys why you making fun of the way he speaks english maybe english not his first language everyone deserve a chance to speak there mind.
16. rusticguy (Posts: 2819; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Yes and it could be a typo too ... fat fingering... D and E are pretty close on English KB.
27. Taters (Posts: 2592; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
We can make fun of his lack of intelligence if we wanted to so making fun of his English is actually being respectful.
14. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1064; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
oh I thnik you're mistaken. You're confusing the awesome Galaxy S4 for the drab upgrade of a phone which is the eye-phone!
7. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 762; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
why is everyone pointing gs4 a slight upgrade from the s3???
oh CMON GUYS, ur just looking at d design and many of u drop conclusions by that factor only!!
anyway, the design is not ugly, im starting to like it when i saw pics and hand on videos of it on android authority, it does look premium and not cheap by this time..
11. SleepingOz (unregistered)
True, people are misled by its design.
The GSIV is a whole new devices with the best hardwares available. Exynos 5 Octa(A7 + A15), new improved 1080p SuperAMOLED panel, DDR3 RAM, new 13MP camera which much better than the ip5 one.
15. SleepingOz (unregistered)
13. protozeloz (Posts: 5369; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
The looks remained the same as the predecessor, the insides are pumped (on either version) I see lots of camera improvements and a bunch of crappy gimmicks along with potential useful stuff, down honest if you plan on keeping the stock experience this is a better choice in terms of software if you are looking for a premium feel then this is not the phone for you, everything else is nice...
Now waiting to see if it fairs better than the S3 in terms of a drop test, yeah I'm going to put a case on that bad boy but I care for that stuff.. Also since may is a month latter after the release you might as well wait that and see if the Google I/O has a nice phone to offer
Anyone else arrived to the same conclusion as I did?
19. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
But I'll stick with my S3 until a truly advanced phablet comes out.. be it the Note 3 or something else.
20. Tre-Nitty (Posts: 460; Member since: 16 Nov 2010)
It's a minimal upgrade at best! Samsung dropped the ball big time.
21. lovenyc8 (Posts: 164; Member since: 13 Mar 2013)
i think he meant that the leaks before hand of the official release took away the wow factor its now just like any other phone nothing special when you look at the phone samsung next time should do something about the leaks.
22. AshishRomea (Posts: 145; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
whats with the Xperia Z ? status plz !
23. Adithya7184 (Posts: 304; Member since: 05 Mar 2011)
Just wait and see....this phone will blow competition out of the water....he he he...:-P
26. GALAXY-STORM (Posts: 328; Member since: 13 Oct 2012)
Given the fact that it's getting released in 327 carriers in 155 countries & combining that with the extreme marketing tactics of Samsung,I doubt the competition it have to face until the arrival of its arch rival, which you know who.
25. GALAXY-STORM (Posts: 328; Member since: 13 Oct 2012)
The more it's getting hated more I starting to like it. Actually this is a good upgrade but it lacks the wow factor that s3 had. I just want to see if it will set a new pre-order record for all smartphones.
28. bojan (Posts: 188; Member since: 06 Oct 2012)
galaxy s4 camera VS htc one camera
36. Tsepz_GP (Posts: 779; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
Slap in the face to Sony fans and Samsung haters alike, seems Samsung has a winner once again here. :D
37. SEFsung (Posts: 15; Member since: 28 Dec 2012)
HATERS, PLEASE STOP YOUR B*TCHING. GS4 IS AWESOME. :D