U.K. retailer puts the Google Nexus Prime on its site
0. phoneArena 08 Sep 2011, 14:42 posted on
Despite speculation about a name change, U.K. online phone retailer Handtec has already put the Google Nexus Prime up on its web site, revealing a sleek looking device with a metallic bezel and an edge to edge 4.6 inch screen; no pricing or launch date is revealed as the phone is listed as "coming soon"...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. B (unregistered)
2. nick. (unregistered)
This gonna be my next phone. Yes!
37. Mike Honcho (unregistered)
Superior at price, as in more expensive... :P
41. zuno gyakusatsu (Posts: 257; Member since: 16 Mar 2010)
superior at functioning properly. something samsung products fail at doing.
43. biggles (Posts: 222; Member since: 15 Oct 2009)
Too bad your iPhone processor is made by Samsung. Try again.
46. The_Miz (Posts: 1496; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
Lol tell me about it. The Nexus S had so many problems out of the box. Can't even make a call without it dropping or do anything without a Forced Close.
52. lemenade (Posts: 31; Member since: 28 Jul 2011)
The irony is that according to apple you where holding your iphone 4 wrong when u dropped calls.
68. The_Miz (Posts: 1496; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
At least the iPhone 4 can MAKE a call unlike the Nexus S which drops every signal.
61. protozeloz (Posts: 5396; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Too bad your phone couldn't even wake you up in summer
42. biggles (Posts: 222; Member since: 15 Oct 2009)
Superior at robbing you blind for outdated hardware.
45. The_Miz (Posts: 1496; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
1. Internet. 2. Apps 3. Security 4. Updates 5. Design 6. Ease of use 7. Interface
I can keep this up all night lol.
48. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
1)android browser is faster than iOS browser.. and it supports flash, you lose
2) they have basically the same apps at this point, except we get all the google greats where you get left overs from 2 years ago. integrated voice navigation, 3d turn by turn direction, soon zagat integration, and sooooo much more? check.
3) iOS holds the record for FASTEST OS HACKED in national hacking competitions, Android remains UNHACKED after 3 or 4 years of trying. you lose again.
4) GOOGLE updates their phones more often than Apple does, and with more features. You can talk all sorts of trash about carriers and manufacturers, but this phone here is a PURE GOOGLE phone. You lose, AGAIN
5) the iphone is STALE, out dated, tiny screened, and underpowered. You lose... AGAIN. :)
6) They are both easy to use, you just think apple is easier to use because it has no options. Options make it even easier to use in the long haul.. you still lose.
7) the iphone is nothing but a list of apps.. that is not intuitive, it is not nearly as functional as widgets and all the customizations of android (or even WP7.. or BADA lol). The interface is bland, boring, and again not intuitive.. you lose.. again.
8) I can keep this up too. :)
50. Firedrops (Posts: 249; Member since: 06 Sep 2011)
Frankly, when the_miz mentioned those 7 points, i thought he was talking about android.
51. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
if it were anyone but miz, i would have assumed so too.
I keep wondering what mystery android device he keeps comparing his iPhone to, to make iphone look so much better? A T-mo Comet (id actually take the comet over an iphone..lol)? A generic phone on metro? Because it sure isnt any high end android thats been released since the i4.. thats for sure.
57. ilia1986 (unregistered)
Thankyou remixfa. The world needs more people like you. This site especially.
If only you were there when taco and miz were born - and before they got infected by iDisease.
Miz and taco are the idiots who are shouting that the world is flat - with all the people hearing - and then comes the well educated scientist - and proves that the world is round.
62. protozeloz (Posts: 5396; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
He compares it with the G1 and the devour. He can't afford anything else
60. PeterIfromsweden (Posts: 1230; Member since: 03 Aug 2011)
"or even WP7.. or BADA"
Agree that bada is much more customizable than IOS (and more than WP7 too). Having used WP7, when it comes to customizing WP7 and IOS are at about the same level.
63. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
no, WP7 is way more customizable than an iphone. The live tiles are pretty much widgets. you can get 100x more info off of looking at a customized WP7 phone's face than u can at looking at the iphones app list.
I really like WP7, but I'm too used to having "more" with android that its hard to go to less. In a few major updates ill probably try it again.
65. PeterIfromsweden (Posts: 1230; Member since: 03 Aug 2011)
In fact, the iphone and WP7 are at about the same level.
The live tiles do not display any more info than the iphones apps. on the iphone app you can see how many missed calls, or sms you've got. Same with the live tiles, it displays how many missed calls or sms you've got. If there is some app like weatherbug that has a live tile, then i agree that, that displays more info than WP7, but with the IOS 5 notification bar, that might mean iphone has just as much customazation as WP7.
78. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
live tiles display a ton more info than an icon. are you sure u used to own a wp7 phone peter? lol. My HD7's live tiles did a lot more that display an icon, they displayed current information about what was being texted to me, happening on facebook, ect... and that was in WP7's early days. It must have gotten much better since then.
69. The_Miz (Posts: 1496; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
1. Flash is horribly slow and sluggish on Android, not even worth having. Plus it has a ton of security flaws and lol, Safari is 10x faster. Fail.
2. LOL, no. App Store has half a million apps, probably way more by now. Plus developers rather work and support Apple, hence why App Store gets more quality apps than the crap the Market gets.
3. Are you seriously this stupid here? Android is constantly hacked and rooted and made with malware and viruses unlike iOS. Anytime iOS has a security hole, Apple patches it up PDQ.
4. LOL, T-Bolt STILL does not have Gingerbread to this date and most of Google's updates are crap.
Lol, this is way too easy. No point in continuing since you're wrong....as usual.
71. Thump3rDX17 (Posts: 2160; Member since: 10 May 2010)
i'd love to walk through a Best Buy with you Miz. you'd have to admit there's nice things about Android if i made you really check out android powered devices.
72. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
1) Is that why android browsers load faster than iOS browsers, even with the flash turned on? lol find me a high end android device where the flash is slow and sluggish.
2) the app store has about 100k or less more apps than the android market. 99% of developers go for both markets, and they are both filled with crap and good apps. We still get all the google exclusives though which you will never get which are some of the most useful apps on the market.
3) find me proof. the only "stupid" one here is the idiot with the wrestling icons. There is malware on both OS's. Android's "malware" is from non market apps that no one downloads. Maybe u should stop reading the headlines of articles and actually read the meat of them.. if ur attention span goes that long.. lol. The last report said that 0.000005% of android users have been affected with malware. last I checked, that wasnt a big number.
4)The tbolt is NOT a Nexus device, is NOT a high end device, and is NOT part of this conversation. way to grasp at straws. Your initial comments were tied to THIS device.. a NEXUS device. If your too dumb to tell the difference between a NEXUS device and some middle/low end crap like the Tbolt then it makes you a bigger idiot than even i give you credit for.
Your right, this is too easy. You almost never make a valid point as it is. This isnt like shooting fish in a barrel, this is like shooting suicidal fish that jump out of the barrel and cling to the muzzle of your gun and pull the trigger for you.
64. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
I never got your response to my retort.
I guess u couldnt keep it up all night, huh? lol
70. The_Miz (Posts: 1496; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
Unlike you, I actually accomplish something at night ;)
73. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
yea but that took less than 3 minutes. taco came back talking about not being satisfied n such.
3. ilia1986 (unregistered)
It doesn't look fake... and it looks extremely good. Also looks HTC-styled.
6. B (unregistered)
Another site had it as fake lol, thats why i was covident with my fake. But im still first and you cant take that from me!