U.K. consumers favor BlackBerry over Windows Phone
0. phoneArena 16 Jun 2014, 22:06 posted on
A graph released by Kantar shows the U.K. market share of smartphone operating systems, over a ten year period from March 2004 through March 2014. What makes this chart so fascinating, is that we can look at the beginning of the graph and we know what is going to take place over the next decade. We see Windows Mobile and BlackBerry as the early leaders until iOS comes out of nowhere late in 2007, to challenge BlackBerry...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Then why aren't they buying them?.... Another crazy PA article... Lets see if this makes it to WPC, the accurate site for WP news...
4. WahyuWisnu (Posts: 1001; Member since: 29 May 2014)
the source.... from crakberyy. they desperately trying to create hype.
46. NexusKoolaid (Posts: 360; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
How is that make them any different than MS and Nokia?
44. tadaa (Posts: 267; Member since: 18 Apr 2013)
wpc is the best site for wp news, but i won't exactly call them unbiased. same for crackberry, or any mobile nation site.
2. WahyuWisnu (Posts: 1001; Member since: 29 May 2014)
Really? Hard to read/understand graphics by Kantar...
Then, why according to statcounter, also about the installed based in UK, the BB user in UK down from peak 44% to 11%?
3. WahyuWisnu (Posts: 1001; Member since: 29 May 2014)
BTW, I just re-read the kantar graphs that used by PA. If you notice the last 10% graph, the BB were shrinking compared to WP. Why on earth PA could use the WRONG TITLE. It should be U.K. consumer NOT favor BB over WP.
6. jsdechavez (Posts: 708; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
Agree. BB's share is shrinking. Quit the opposite.
7. techloverNYC (Posts: 517; Member since: 20 Nov 2012)
How much is BB paying u PA? In reality there is not one market in the world where BB market share is growing.
48. WahyuWisnu (Posts: 1001; Member since: 29 May 2014)
Actually, if you see the graph title, it said that BB still use by lots of user, it doesn't say it still sell. My bet is there were some poor british that can't afford a brand new android and using their bb until the last breath of the device. SO, yes, being use more doesn't mean it still sell well.
9. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3682; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Aww crap.... :-( Why isn't my favourite OS with its beautiful and smooth UI selling? Lagdroid and iPOS were okay but now people are prefering crapberry OS. But again my lumia is best, thanks Elop and Nadella for such a great device.
10. ikenvape (Posts: 119; Member since: 28 May 2014)
Wow..you do know that your contributing to give a bad name to WP users
16. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3682; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Bad name? Sir I'm doing my job. I like my lumia and my fav company told me to spread the information of how good WP is.
12. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2058; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
The kid finally got some brains! You kid are showing signs of growing up. Keep it up!
17. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3682; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Grandpa thanks for your enlightment.
18. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3682; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Am i happy? No.... I could'nt sell lumias.... Even blackberry sold us out. Its just sad.
19. XperiaFanZone (Posts: 1626; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
Of course not, your favourite wrestler has quitted.
21. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3682; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Leave him alone now, all that matters is "WP"
11. Fellwalker (Posts: 119; Member since: 04 Apr 2014)
BlackBerry 's share of the U.K. smartphone market topped the figure for Windows Phone as recently as three months ago,"
The graph stops at September 2013!
13. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2058; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
This graph might be of last year. As of now, WP has around 9% marketshare in the UK versus BB's 3 or 4 percent. This graph is old IMO.
50. WahyuWisnu (Posts: 1001; Member since: 29 May 2014)
because after september 2013, things turn ugly for BB phone.... it's BBM for android and iOS were released, and 50% of BB owner were freed from the worst OS of all time (hang a lot, must restart, must restart, must restart)
15. meanestgenius (Posts: 5041; Member since: 28 May 2014)
Wow! So PA finally decides to release some POSITIVE NEWS about BlackBerry and the trolling haters jump out from all angles! Don't you guys have anything better to do?
Anyway, to the BlackBerry troll named Wahywahoo or whatever your silly little screen name is:
Haven't I already proved you wrong about using Statcounter as a credible source? They only measure through the web browser. That's not credible enough. And while CrackBerry may have been PA's source, CrackBerry had a source as well: Its the Twitter account of Charles Arthur, a journalist from London based research firm KANTAR. Which in turn is linked to an Article from Pocket-lint, who picked up the article first. Here's the link:
To techloverNYC: you are incorrect about BlackBerry not growing sales anywhere in the world. Emerging markets like Indonesia and South Africa are two places that BlackBerry is growing sales, as well as Toronto, CANADA. BlackBerry grew sales there over the last six months. But in this article, it DOES NOT state that BlackBerry grew sales in the UK, only that WP has yet to surpass BlackBerry in the UK.
To rodneyej1: your love for WP will have you hate on any other OS. Why is it so hard to believe that BlackBerry is still dominant over WP in the UK?
And as I have stated NUMEROUS times, these articles only take into account BlackBerry's CONSUMER MARKET SHARE. If you were to include BlackBerry's DOMINATING ENTERPRISE MARKET SHARE, the gap would be much larger.
Why is it so hard for you haters to believe that BlackBerry is doing well in some places? And why do you haters come out and state things like "how much is BlackBerry paying PA"? You all sound ridiculous. When PA posts positive articles about Android, iOS and WP, does that mean that PA is being paid by Google, Apple and Microsoft? Again, all of you trolling haters sound ridiculous.
I can't wait until BlackBerry releases their quarterly numbers. A lot of you are going to be surprised at how much better BlackBerry is doing.
To BlackBerry itself: keep up the good work! The world is slowly recognizing how great the BB10 OS really is.
And to you haters once again: Why don't you all try out a BB10 handset before you attempt to bash BlackBerry. You all speak from a place of ignorance when you talk negatively about something you have never used, or only used for 10 minutes.
20. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3682; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Wow just shut up... Total BS. Only WP rocks, BB is dead long.
And how dare you talk rudely to our chief rodneyej and our fanboy-in-chief NokiaWTF, GTHOH.
32. johnsons (Posts: 31; Member since: 16 Jun 2014)
It goes like this 1)Android 2)IOS 3)Windows Phone and BB is out......
57. meanestgenius (Posts: 5041; Member since: 28 May 2014)
StraightEdge, you crack me up! Lol!
28. ChandlerBing (Posts: 35; Member since: 17 Feb 2014)
Yes we will be surprised again. Like how we were surprised last quarter when BlackBerry sold less than a million BB10 handsets.
58. meanestgenius (Posts: 5041; Member since: 28 May 2014)
No, YOU will be surprised when BlackBerry is doing better and a hater like you will have to eat your words.
62. WahyuWisnu (Posts: 1001; Member since: 29 May 2014)
opportunity doesn't knock twice, and bb already miss the opportunity. times up!!! even doing better won't saved bb.
bb need more than selling 15 million phone each quarter to survive. 1 million bb per quarter won't make developer want to develop for bb.
77. meanestgenius (Posts: 5041; Member since: 28 May 2014)
There you go with your fantasy numbers again. I GUARANTEE that not only will BlackBerry do better this quarter than the last, but that they will also be around 5 years from now and you will still be screaming "BlackBerry is doomed!"
47. WahyuWisnu (Posts: 1001; Member since: 29 May 2014)
I really hate it when you mention INDONESIA and you GIVE FALSE METRIC. I live in Indonesia, and bb is DYING!!!! I repeat BB is dying.
BB sales number is decreasing, PLEASE DON'T EDIT THE FACT!!!! I repeat, BB sales number in INDONESIA is DECREASING as reported by many NEWS SITE IN INDONESIAN LANGUAGE.
I can't wait until BB admit they been lying to you about the number.
59. meanestgenius (Posts: 5041; Member since: 28 May 2014)
I don't give a rat's scrawny butt how you feel when I mention Indonesia. The facts SPEAK for themselves. You don't like it? I DON'T CARE. I'm tired of a lying troll like you coming onto EVERY BlackBerry article on PA and posting your crap. BlackBerry JUST WON an award for strongest brand and most used smartphone in Indonesia. You being too blinded by your hate for all things BlackBerry is what makes you deny the truth. I can't wait until BlackBerry posts their numbers for this quarter so you can STFU about your hate for BlackBerry.
66. WahyuWisnu (Posts: 1001; Member since: 29 May 2014)
bb strongest brand and most used smartphone in indonesia?? GET REAL, YOU REALLY BLINDED BY YOUR BLIND LOYALTY.
It's very simple, You live in USA, I live in Indonesia. i love smartphone, and follow smartphone news from indonesian and english language, i know BB already dead in indonesia since october 2013.
You just a bb lunatic getting angry at the fact that your favorite brand is considered rubish by indonesian. you really need to get a live.
I hate you use indonesia in your stat, because you just bring lie.
78. meanestgenius (Posts: 5041; Member since: 28 May 2014)
The reality is that you're just a messed up fandroid with NO LIFE and is dumb as dirt with the judgement of jelly. Read this:
That's from YOUR VERY OWN INDONESIA. Now you claim to live there, and yet you didn't know about this? I question your faculties, little boy.
It doesn't matter WHERE I live, I follow tech news from AROUND THE WORLD. You really need to do better research. Your just some love sick BlackBerry hater that was once touched by a BlackBerry and now miss it.
52. ablopez (Posts: 196; Member since: 15 Apr 2014)
Great comment, meanest. And I agree, I'm also sick of yahoowahoo too.... Same crap comments each time, nothing constructive ever. He's basically a more talkative and even more annoying version of apiskula.
60. meanestgenius (Posts: 5041; Member since: 28 May 2014)
Thank you, ablopez. These haters need to at least come with FACTS. All they do is come with more lies and hate.
22. mayur007 (Posts: 507; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
uk consumers are actually smart , even this proved it
23. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3682; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Stfu troll, WP is the real smart OS, BB is dead already.
24. mayur007 (Posts: 507; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
you are trolling - how much you got paid by microsoft - you stfu ..
you are the one who is trolling
33. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3682; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
I just got a paycheck this morning by MS CEO MR. Nadella, it was a full $10 cheque with a lumia 510 for free.
Its a great phone with advanced and smooth wp 7.5 unlike lagdroid and huge 4gb internal storage and whopping 256mb ram. Now your turn troll.
37. mayur007 (Posts: 507; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
bb is still alive -- what bb can provide windows cant - bb os are the most secured os. bb is not successful as people are heading to android and other os but bb os is way better than windows
doesnt matter android is laggy(not as much as u are saying) but still way too smarter, windows is no match now . today windows phone os is a smartphone wanna be os...
innovation came because of android & also ios (to mention) not because of other os
touch screen resolution , cameras , and many more features which still windows will take many years to give
39. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3682; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
I thought you were smart enough but alas. C l i c k t h e p r o f i l e
45. AfterShock (Posts: 3698; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Ask that Canadian group charged in organized crime how secure bb is.
56. mayur007 (Posts: 507; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
which grp bro , which crime i m may be unaware ..
85. AfterShock (Posts: 3698; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Sorry was at work.. Was talked about here on PA a week or so ago irc, local news around same time.
Was kind of a shocker to me.
63. meanestgenius (Posts: 5041; Member since: 28 May 2014)
BlackBerry was the one that decrypted the Canadian organized crime groups messages, no one else. And they did after being presented with a warrant / court order. BlackBerry is THE MOST SECURE mobile OS out today.
70. WahyuWisnu (Posts: 1001; Member since: 29 May 2014)
LOL, so bb own the key to our conversation, and that's mean bb is AS SECURE AS ANDROID AND iOS. Thus, BB IS NOT MORE SECURE than ANDROID AND iOS
79. meanestgenius (Posts: 5041; Member since: 28 May 2014)
Once AGAIN, I have to SHUT YOU DOWN:
Those mobsters were using PIN MESSAGING on their phones, which is not secure due to it being relayed through CARRIER SERVERS, UNLIKE BBM WHICH USES BLACKBERRY'S NOC. So OF COURSE BlackBerry could decrypt it, as it's NOT SECURE DUE TO CARRIER SERVERS. And before you say I'm making this up or that's just some BlackBerry blog site that doesn't know anything, read this, taken STRAIGHT FROM SAID BLOG SITE:
So YES, BlackBerry IS more SECURE than Android and iOS.
86. AfterShock (Posts: 3698; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Yeah that's it. Ok i'm corrected, by court order.
Bypass of Virus/Malware Scanning and Spam Filtering mechanisms: As described previously, PIN-to-PIN messaging bypasses all corporate e-mail security filters, and thus users may become vulnerable to viruses and malware code as well as spam messages if their PIN becomes known to unauthorized third parties.
Good read, far from absolute security, especially without BES.
88. meanestgenius (Posts: 5041; Member since: 28 May 2014)
Which is why BES is so good. Anything using the BlackBerry NOC is very well secured.
25. mayur007 (Posts: 507; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
tell me the reason y windows phone os is smart ??
29. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3682; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Because nokia and elop are smart, So WP is smart.
38. mayur007 (Posts: 507; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
even though by next phone will be nokia 930
only because of nokia features , nothing from windows side
30. ChandlerBing (Posts: 35; Member since: 17 Feb 2014)
hey mayor, go back to handling your city.
31. ChandlerBing (Posts: 35; Member since: 17 Feb 2014)
There are two types of humans on this planet, one who understand sarcasm and are smart, and the other are called mayur007.
34. johnsons (Posts: 31; Member since: 16 Jun 2014)
According to you (ur old comments) Android is a real mobile OS and Windows Phone is crap OS.......what happened to you ?