U.K. ad shows a quick glimpse of new Nokia phone
0. phoneArena 12 May 2013, 19:18 posted on
We might have just seen a quick glimpse of the Nokia Catwalk in a 20 second ad that is running in the U.K.; the phone has a metal body, which dovetails with the speculation that the model would have a casing made of aluminum and we should mention that the phone in the ad looks remarkably similar to the device that was called the Nokia Catwalk in pictures leaked last month...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
12. bintheham (Posts: 11; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
I'm fairly certaing those leaked still pics are of some sort of prototype, and the little glimpses in the video show hardly anything. We won't really know what this phone looks like till the 14th.
19. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5975; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Did they say that this phone was going to be announced on May 14th? Personally, I would have preferred a rolled back (similar to what HTC did with the One) instead of a pimple for the lens.
21. vincelongman (Posts: 1789; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
I prefer the Lumia 720 design over the 928. Also I think the 928 is too big for a 4.5".
2. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1163; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
PA says thats xenon... thats led flash around the hump
4. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Here's the new Nokia Lumia928, a revampe of Lumia920, with updated camera, but not specs!
While Android and Apple update their Cpu, Gpu, and cameras, Nokia thinks consumers prefer updates on camera rather than specs. What a joke!
5. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 1058; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
1st of all who gives a F****** about specs if my phone has 0.5 ghz and run smoothly than who the ^&^%$ what it has inside specs are just another gimmick sometimes and the lumia 928 was just a lumia 920 for verizon
8. Omar-BHR95 (Posts: 184; Member since: 23 Dec 2012)
THE 928 IS VERIZONS MODULE OF THE 920 AND WP8 DOSENT NEED UPDATED CPU AND GPU CAUSE IT RUNS SMOOTHER AND FASTER THAN ALL ANDROID DEVICES
SURE YOU CAN SAY WP8 HAS LAST YEAR SPECS
BUT LAST YEARS SPECS FROM ANDROID RUNS ON WP8 MUCH BETTER THAT THIS YEARS SPECS ON ANDROID :)
10. quyenqchau0813 (Posts: 88; Member since: 22 Mar 2013)
Go ahead and glorify your Android Specs
Or the catch up Apple is doing
This is WP 8
No need for all those cores, still smoother than your quad core Android crap
11. ama3654 (Posts: 249; Member since: 27 Nov 2012)
Big games are very laggy and stuttering on WP old hardware, you can't deny that, ok the UI is fluid, but if it can't run demanding apps/games, what's the point, at least the iphones have powerful GPU to handle it. And well, Android is on another level my friend, beautiful graphics you can only envy.
15. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
LOL. Games on iOS are 10x better than on Android.
16. quyenqchau0813 (Posts: 88; Member since: 22 Mar 2013)
I hate to say this but what you said make sense
Well, but I still don't think WP8 is for serious gaming
I don't play games that's why I didn't see that weak point until you point it out
WP 8 users don't really play games
I gave you a thumb up
17. Kurai (unregistered)
Then why bother putting games on the wp8 market?
13. Jason2k13 (Posts: 675; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
i dont even think they upgraded the camera, the major improvement from the 928 is the xenon flash
14. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1163; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
and the speaker. and the screen.
its like they just plan different versions of 920. then final phone of 2013 is nokia EOS
24. deburocks (Posts: 126; Member since: 20 Apr 2013)
not everybdy is interesting in downloading crap@ss apps and dumb games for $1-$5. some really dwell for camera. And memories what we carry when we look at those old pics, nt games and their high score. Grow up b@@@h.all tnis cpu and gpu is just a gimmick. Its nt the public which profits but developers. Lmfao. Btw any android with lower specs then 1ghz and 1 gb ram lags and hangs like a cr@p. .i dont care much bout the design if it gives me on par pics to n8 or 808 p.v. Nd ois vid best night shots..have n n8 frm last 2 years and to allbthe trips i been it was my armcandy. I have likemore then 15 gb worth pics in my lappy by n8and these were all for different occasions. Ad m talkin only pics nt video. And i guess there are crazy people lyk me who keep suh memories 'Taken either vid their nokia,s or camera,s. dont write cheque that ur @$$ cant cash.....
26. SIGPRO (Posts: 550; Member since: 03 Oct 2012)
This guy still thinks that specs are the main thing, dude if the software is not optimized than you can put a octacore and 2gb ram etc etc, it will have no effect your phone will still lag! Just like Android which still not optimized!
PS: Sharukh Khan wanabe...yes i know who you are.... you are pathetic!
27. galaxymega6.3 (banned) (Posts: 33; Member since: 08 May 2013)
Totally agree on you troll, +1
30. haseebzahid (Posts: 1842; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
yes I prefre ACTUALL improvement in technology not spec upgradation besdie processor ram increasing is no big Deal any 1 room company can make shematics and build octacore moblie with 8gb ram take a note of Indian small companies while i am not indian i heard about them hahaha and Samsung is like how better then them but how many can actully spend on RnD on Technology not like not processor ram incresing BS seriously any CPU/GPU can last 2 years of steady performance easily you guys just too dumb to understand that i know cuz i work in this stuff its marketting that u brag about than sure be my guest show ur stupidity othervise silence
7. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 1058; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
awesome if i'm not mistaken Nokia are trying to achieve what they did with the 808 pureview on the windows phone to get some Symbian fans to switch putting that aside that looks great and awesome and hopefully it will be sexier and lighter than previous nokias
9. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 515; Member since: 11 May 2013)
Whats new about that design?
Changing plastic with aluminum makes a new design??
It is ugly actually
18. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Oh my god!! She's finally here!! Come to papa you little sexy thing!
Can I say "SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY" right now?
20. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5975; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Do you really like the pimple on the back for the lens? Personally, there would have to be something really compelling (like a 40+ Mp PV camera module) to get me to like the pimple/zit on the back.
22. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1163; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
i would put a case on it . haha
a clear, transparent case that is...
23. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I guess the pimple on the back is a sensor. But seriously, I don't like the pimple on the back, I can accept it if it is a sensor or something. But all we have to do is to wait till May 14th.
29. Nasheer_B (Posts: 10; Member since: 05 Nov 2012)
Yeah I agree. That pimple on the the back was probably not the best idea.
25. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
No Xenon flash :(
28. DontHateOnS60 (Posts: 864; Member since: 20 Apr 2009)
It's not one and the same. Nokia wouldn't be so stupid to launch a camera centric smartphone of that caliber and leave out a xenon flash. They're two different phones.