U.K. Apple iPad buyers already start to line up at the Apple Store; PC World to open at midnight
The source says that the PC World store at Tottenham Court Road will be selling the new Apple iPad as soon as the clock strikes 12 on Friday morning, which means that customers of that chain will be fully intimate with their new tablet before those on line at the Apple Store even move closer to the door. Other PC World stores in Birmingham and Edinburgh will be opening up an hour earlier than the Apple Stores, at 7am. The stores are said to be stocked with the third-gen Apple tablet.
For those in the States, the Apple Store near you will be opening at 8am. Most Verizon stores will be opening at 9am and an AT&T rep told us that certain corporate owned stores will be opening early, although most will be on their regular schedule. We would suggest that you call around in your local area to see if you can find a location that is planning on "celebrating" the event. Those are the stores where you might be able to take advantage of an early opening.
Apple iPad buyers already online at the Apple Store at London's Regent Street (L), all Apple Stores will be open at 8am on Friday (R)
2. Shangri-La (Posts: 47; Member since: 04 Oct 2011)
The sheep are ready!! It's Shepherd Jobs well done!
16. AbsentbebniM (Posts: 21; Member since: 09 Feb 2012)
Anyone else notice that the only people still talking about Steve Jobs are anti-Apple folk?
These are the same folk that continue to complain about the single-button mouse and how complicated Macs are to use. I wonder... are they still disgruntled over the whole New Coke debacle??
30. JeffdaBeat (unregistered)
I'm not sure these are all diehards like they used to be. Sure, there are some that will line up regardless. I did it for the iPad 2 and it was actually an awesome experience. You connect with people who are excited about the same thing you are. But I think most of the Apple Fans get their order online to be sure they are the first to have it and don't get turned away. At some point, I feel like some people show up because they know the news will be there. Or they were just stupid and waited. Even when I was in line last year, these weren't the diehard fans...just folks who wanted this thing that everyone had to have. I suspect even less now that Apple is doing a far superior job with online orders...
3. ilia1986 (unregistered)
This stew with salt, this stew without.
I wonder who will understand the reference..
4. Dujai R. (Posts: 17; Member since: 12 Oct 2009)
But If You Look Closely, LeBron Traveled.................
6. mrvid (Posts: 73; Member since: 02 Oct 2008)
All followers, not one a leader!! Have an iPhone and hate it compared to my Droid! Couldn't imagine spending that kind of money on something that even do Flash!!
19. bigboy029 (Posts: 74; Member since: 03 Jan 2011)
lol drop the flash thing. HTML5 is the future.. not flash. Im not exactly the biggest Steve Jobs fan, but give the guy credit for recognizing that flash isnt the future.
7. GENRAL.LEVY (banned) (Posts: 59; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
All hipsters and dressed up in scruffy clothes
all will be there u people are disgrace to society
and humans how so low
8. theBankRobber (Posts: 642; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
Now if we can only get people to line up like this for jobs, haha :p
10. GENRAL.LEVY (banned) (Posts: 59; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
Every-body look its
in the picture followed by
12. CM_Punk (banned) (Posts: 173; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
Don't worry, you won't have to ever line up for an Android tablet.
22. imkyle (Posts: 948; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
If the Galaxy S III was released in a store, I'd camp out for a week :)
23. AbsentbebniM (Posts: 21; Member since: 09 Feb 2012)
Drop me a line if this ever happens, I'll bring the coffee.
27. denmcdon (Posts: 85; Member since: 07 Jun 2009)
mine will be at my door fri morning.i hear the screen on this thing is like night and day compared to the ipad 2.
29. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5664; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
LIke a said before these people are dumb for standing out in the cold trying to be the first one to buy something that's new. but this isn't compelely new just updated processor or gpu and a higer screen resolution and yet no SIRI
33. hugo_chong (Posts: 7; Member since: 16 Dec 2011)
The apple we know are being creative & inovation, but their iphone3 & iphone 3GS, Iphone 4 & iphone 4S & ipads just use back the same design. Dont know izzit being consistent or lazy. Who want to buy a new car with the old exterior design, but obviously there alot dudes queuing up. Just share what in my thought.
34. MrBBM (Posts: 1; Member since: 15 Mar 2012)
I'm usually annoyed with the Apple (and Apple fan) bashing seen on so many sites nowadays. Some of the biggest reasons are:
- there's no need to be so upset over someone else's happiness (we don't all have to like what you like)
- these comments are nearly always unwarranted
- the folks who make these comments could have easily passed by the article instead of stopping to read it (maybe with the exception of true tech-geeks and other HEAVY users/modifiers). Most of the folks who talk down on anything Apple-related have no idea how to use half of the functions in the droid devices.
- some of you only dislike Apple products because your friends do.........now talk about being sheep. One android user (whom I constantly have to give tech advice to) actually said the only upside to an iPad 2 over iPad 1 is that's it's faster and has a camera. Unless I'm mistakened, a faster (thus more powerful) product means heavier loads can be handled and a camera (while the iPad 2 camera SUCKS) means that low-detailed video for Facetime or Skype can be used.
Now, I just feel sorry for you. I believe you have ALOT (but definitely not ALL) of Apple fans confused. First, being a fan of Apple, doesn't make you mindless (in the same way that being a fan of Jay-Z or Guns n Roses doesn't make you mindless). Being a fan means you enjoy their method of providing you with what you want. The level of functionality and customization on droid phones tend to be a bit excessive for most (take 3D rendering for example)...........I wouldn't buy one car over another just because i can change the doors and trunk lid (I don't have a desire to "customize" these things). Secondly, some folks enjoy the experience of camping out for releases............be it days for tech and concerts or hours for movies and book signings. Is it mindless to tailgate at a pro football game? Is it mindless to stand in line for an hour waiting to get on a 4-minute amusement park ride?
I'd say the folks obsessively making negative comments on a product they don't even own (GENRAL.LEVY) are the ones who truly have issues (and perhaps just want to get a rise out of people). With so many non Apple-related tech forums and articles available, why bother with the ones related to Apple???