Typo edits professional review video and posts it as a testimonial
1. PBXtech (Posts: 1032; Member since: 21 Oct 2013)
I'm with BB on this one, Typo needs to pay licensing fees or stop production.
3. thetuba (Posts: 20; Member since: 17 Jun 2013)
If it weren't such a blatant rip-off I might have sided with Typo.
14. corporateJP (Posts: 2431; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
Like everything Ryan Seacrest has built his empire on, stuff jacked from somebody else...
2. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
No matter how Typo edit the video, their stupid junk cheap keyboard is an obvious copy from Blackberry's keyboard, you can't hide that.
I doubt anyone will buy this junk for their iPhone, you can't use the home button and Touch ID, you can't swipe up from the bottom to see the settings. Either pay licensing fees to Blackberry or stop making, don't be a fool. Blackberry's keyboard offers quality typing experience, and Typo's keyboard is way far from that.
6. maherk (Posts: 2721; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
the reviewer mentioned that typing on typo is impressive, and am sure many will buy it. Just because we don't like it doesn't mean that it is a total fail. Still, typo damaged the image of their company before it even started by blatantly copying BB keyboard.
13. techperson211 (Posts: 1006; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
Yeah typing on typo is better. But don't you think the reason why people buy iPhone is for their touch screen capability? Just to correct myself "one of the reason"
4. maherk (Posts: 2721; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
the concept is great, but the copying ruined it. And they just shot themselves in the foot by editing the video.
5. fzacek (Posts: 2483; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
I'm beginning to see the striking similarity between the Typo keyboard and a BlackBerry keyboard. I guess that's not okay...
8. Lt.Green (Posts: 397; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
This move is way below the belt. I've lost all respect to Typo.
9. theminolaboy (Posts: 128; Member since: 18 May 2013)
After all this time, this is the only article I've seen where commentators are siding with BB.. Well, BB is a pretty respectable handset manufacturer.. The government cannot leave without it.. The corporate world are still depending on BB servers.. BB, wake up.. There's so much potential in you..
10. SuperMaoriBro (Posts: 475; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
Dear Typo, please stop, just admit what everyone else knows, that youve ripped off blackberry, just own up and pay up youre not fooling anyone. It is a BLATANT copy.
11. techperson211 (Posts: 1006; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
Hopefully BB wins this one. Complete rip off of their keyboard . Or better yet just pay the licensing fees.
12. thealphageek1 (banned) (Posts: 942; Member since: 02 Feb 2013)
Whoever made this in the Typo camp should be immediately fired. What an idiot. They are putting the nails in their own coffin. Note to Typo: just pay damages and licensing fees to BlackBerry. This is a blatant copy, plain and simple.
15. garyII (Posts: 160; Member since: 26 Feb 2014)
i hope Typo bankrupts from this case, it is like Typo did something wrong and refuse to admit it, somehow edited other reviewer video. Their actions seem immature!