Typical American family has old cellphones lying around
0. phoneArena posted on 02 Dec 2012, 23:15
Mobile security firm Lookout has completed a study showing that 62% of American families have at least one old cellphone lying around and 11% have four or more old handsets collecting dust somewhere in the house; put them together and it would stretch from San Francisco to the North Pole and back...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Reluctant_Human posted on 02 Dec 2012, 23:19 1
I personally keep at least one old cell phone lying around since I can only renew every two years and refuse to pay the crazy insurance prices by my carrier.
18. Nathan_ingx posted on 03 Dec 2012, 01:37 2
The article should read, "Typical human family has old cell phones lying around."
I have 5...1 is probably screwed, 1 is locked, 1 needs repairing and 2 are still good.. And they're in no way a junk...i just keep them as a security and yes, as memories too.
20. wendygarett posted on 03 Dec 2012, 01:57 0
I shouldnt sell mine in the 1st place... Farewell my sweet memories :(
2. cncrim posted on 02 Dec 2012, 23:31 0
I just have one extra in case the one i'm having fail, and many ask us why do that bc we can.
3. Synack posted on 02 Dec 2012, 23:33 0
I got at least 4-5 sitting in boxes. Never plan to use them again though, lol.
4. Johnnokia posted on 02 Dec 2012, 23:44 3
Nokia N-95, one of the most durable phones.... It was really great multi-media and smart phone.
5. MC1123 posted on 02 Dec 2012, 23:46 0
i think all people around the world has an old phone with them!
still got my 5110 2 of them, 3310, 3210, a motorola M3588 and c139 and siemens MC60..
due to the fact that i got happy memoriew with them and i treasure them! they are not junk!
9. SonyXperiaNexus posted on 03 Dec 2012, 00:08 0
i had a 3310... i tried have alittle fun before throwing it away so i used a hammer to, uh, hammer it.... i had to buy a new hammer after that lol.
11. MC1123 posted on 03 Dec 2012, 00:14 0
my MC60 is still working!! and i use it for texting!!
while my 6630, my father use it!
7. SonyXperiaNexus posted on 03 Dec 2012, 00:03 5
whats the big deal.i think its pretty normal everywhere in the world, i am not in the us and i probably have my nokia n72 and a se k510i lying around my house..somewhere........
25. fur0n posted on 03 Dec 2012, 16:18 0
hey i still have my old samsung feature phone and my old lg smartphone. I never have had nokia. now i have the samsung gs3
10. wendygarett posted on 03 Dec 2012, 00:09 0
I felt regret for trade away my feature phone SE k810i :(
12. Omarc07 posted on 03 Dec 2012, 00:18 0
Just reading this article and I found my old Sony ericsson c905 brought back good old memories I think ima activate it n use it for a Lil bit .. I still think its an ok phone has 8 mp cybershot camera, 3G , and ffc camera for video calls.
13. MC1123 posted on 03 Dec 2012, 00:36 0
of coz it is ok! more than ok! it was compared with the nokia n95 with same sliding and camera phone!
and you mention cybershot... i miss cybershot series by SE!!! i wish them back!
16. Wiki_jaan posted on 03 Dec 2012, 01:14 0
i still have
nokia n95 (2 pieces)
17. tiara6918 posted on 03 Dec 2012, 01:35 0
The reason I'm still keeping my old phones is they have a sentimental value for me since I've been using and have had them for a few years...
19. JC557 posted on 03 Dec 2012, 01:53 2
Funny you should show the BB Storm as I still have one lying around along with the BB Storm 2.
Motorola Droid 1 (looks nice in the collection)
Motorola Droid Bionic (backup smartphone)
Motorola T720 flip phone (first cell phone)
Motorola StarTac (brother's but keeping it for it's historical significance)
Motorola Razr V3m (basic backup phone)
HTC Thunderbolt (programming)
HTC Eris (programming)
Samsung Droid Charge (makes an awesome alarm clock with the dock)
Samsung V205 flip phone (second cell)
Nokia 8890 (keeping it around due to the awesome slider).
22. Jonathan41 posted on 03 Dec 2012, 03:16 0
I actually have an old Nokia N95 8GB at home making this article feel oddly specific lol
23. lukasound posted on 03 Dec 2012, 05:58 0
i never kept my old phones... i don't like to keep things i don't need. i always sold them or gave them away.
24. rusticguy posted on 03 Dec 2012, 11:54 0
It's best to donate them if it is not being used.