Two versions of the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 visit AnTuTu; hide the women and children
0. phoneArena 19 Aug 2014, 15:40 posted on
The next horror movie on the silver screen might feature twin monsters that devour cars, drivers and all, while munching away at a skyscraper or two. Nations would be on the brink of disaster, and even the most powerful weapons would be able to stop them from taking over the world. Is this another Godzilla flick? Hardly. The monsters we are talking about are two variants of the upcoming Samsung Galaxy Note 4...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. NextGenTech (Posts: 59; Member since: 24 Jul 2014)
Come on, the beast is on its way.... Note 4
20. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10434; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I want the Exynos version since it now has LTE. I hope it plays well with T-Mo's LTE/3G bands.
40. nokia12 (Posts: 464; Member since: 19 Nov 2013)
i cab bet exynos could have easily scored around 45-50k if samsung wanted it but unfortunately 805 is too weak so they had to limit the exynos to 805 level so as to not create a disparity between the two versions
45. AwesomestMaximuss (Posts: 146; Member since: 09 Jul 2013)
Yes,thats why i think they should just ditch the snapdragon and focus their efforts on the exynos line..It is already outscoring the snapdragon at 1.3Ghz..they could have at least clocked it to 1.8
57. neela_akaash (Posts: 1112; Member since: 05 Aug 2014)
Chinese brand onda crossed 55500 antutu score with allwinner a80.
58. neela_akaash (Posts: 1112; Member since: 05 Aug 2014)
This video creates a big doubt on antutu.
63. AwesomestMaximuss (Posts: 146; Member since: 09 Jul 2013)
Its a tablet.. You cant compare a tablet with a phone. They can clock it higher without worrying about battery life or low voltage.. So yeah. The scores should be legit. I am sure, tablets by razer would have scored even higher.
66. alex3run (Posts: 710; Member since: 18 May 2014)
It's already clocked 1.9 GHz (A15), 1.3 GHz is for A7 cores.
55. rd_nest (Posts: 1591; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
Exynos 5433 is *NOT* based on A57+A53. It's still A15+A7.
People would say the screenshot from AnTuTu clearly says A57+A53. Well, the reason is AnTuTu database is filled manually by some some dude sitting in China. Same goes for GPU.
It's really simply - the A57/A53 version will be Exynos 6 series. Why do you think 5430 is A15-based and 5433 will be A57? It's a generational change. There will also be a change in series.
Exynos 4xxx was based on A9, Exynos 5xxx was based on A15, Exynos 6xxx will be based on A57. Simple.
56. kevin91202 (Posts: 518; Member since: 08 Jun 2014)
People would say the screenshot from AnTuTu clearly says A57+A53. "Well, the reason is AnTuTu database is filled manually by some some dude sitting in China." -rd_nest
As opposed to some dude sitting in the USA?
"Exynos 5433 is *NOT* based on A57+A53. It's still A15+A7." "Why do you think 5430 is A15-based and 5433 will be A57? It's a generational change."
You're contradicting yourself. First you wrote that 5433 is not based on A57. Then you imply it is.
Anyways, the 5433 includes A57 cores.
64. rd_nest (Posts: 1591; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
Don't be a moron.
1. If you ever visited the main antutu site, you will notice that it's in Chinese. The company is actually is "AnTuTu Hong Kong".
2. I am not contradicting myself, you are just confused. In layman's term, A15 --> A57 is a generational jump. It's similar to A9 --> A15. A9-based SOCs were Exynos 4xxxx series. A15-based SOCs were Exynos 5xxxx series. In same way Exynos 5433 will be A15-based.
3. It has already been confirmed by the biggest Exynos developer in XDA that Exynos 5433 is A15-based. "AndreiLux" mentioned it long back. He has long history about providing Exynos-related news for many years now.
4. Exynos 5433 is A15-based, with Mali-760 GPU. Also probably some change in memory architecture possibly with TSV. A57-based Exynos will use new series Exynos 6xxx.
65. magnum44 (unregistered)
Good stuff and thank you very much indeed for correcting these Exynos 5433-related rumours flying around. Together with your post #55 the picture is now crystal clear and it all makes perfect sense. All the pièces fit.
For some sources to link this SoC with ARM's 64-bit solution and the Note 4 to be announced in about only two weeks time, the strange implication it that the Note 4 will come in a 64-bit (Exynos 5433) version and a 32-bit (Snapdragon 805) version, which appeared rather odd and didn't really make any sense.
67. alex3run (Posts: 710; Member since: 18 May 2014)
The GPU is Mali T760. CompuBench proves it.
2. ph00ny (Posts: 1164; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Is the exynos version built on 20nm architecture? That should yield some great battery life as well as better thermal
14. BLUEBLASTER (Posts: 267; Member since: 23 Feb 2014)
Is that the same processor as in the new Galaxy Alpha?
17. na7noo7 (Posts: 278; Member since: 29 Mar 2014)
It's said to be nearly the same, except it's more of a flagship processor and is 64-bit (rumored to have ARM A57).
3. wilsong17 (unregistered)
the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 the undisputed king
5. Busyboy (unregistered)
People can say this will be the best phone until the note 5 but SD 805 is no match compared to the SD810 coming early 2015. Plus those phones will have 4gb of Ram so therefore this won't be the specs King for too long.
10. DocOc (Posts: 138; Member since: 23 Apr 2014)
We are talking about very marginal improvements at this point with chips for normal use. You can't get much faster than instant.
12. Busyboy (unregistered)
Ever heard of better graphics before? For example, a 600$ graphics card and a 3000$ graphics card run games on high smoothly, but which one do you think has better more life like graphics? Obviously the 3k one so that comment wasn't a smart one. But, let all the Sammy fanboys attack me, it's fine.
26. elitewolverine (Posts: 5076; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
Yes but games cost $60 and people actually play games on their pc not on a 5.5in screen...
Also game designers don't build to the highest specs, the build to the lower genre. Since as we have seen, 60% of droid is low end specs and another 20% just mid range specs that are less than the 800 or so snap. So seeing dedicated games just for a single device...not so much.
29. ph00ny (Posts: 1164; Member since: 26 May 2011)
This isn't desktop performance war where pure power matters the most. Mobile devices need power efficiency as much as pure horsepower
6. dmakun (Posts: 312; Member since: 06 Jun 2011)
It appears my Gnote 3 might be leaving me soon. Like the step up in mega pixels for the front facing camera. The new chip set is also very enticing along with the higher pixel screen and new SAmoled tech introduced with the S5.
Lots to like already and we're yet to know what new functionality the S pen will bring. Very exciting times
7. twens (Posts: 955; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
Good bye my iPhone 5s. You have served me well but it's time to make way for the king of kings. Who says exynos is crab??? There should step out and defend their claims. Thank God we Africans are getting the almighty exynos.
9. naittosan (Posts: 234; Member since: 28 Jun 2014)
Yah right all 4of ya, what do the rest of the poor people get?
59. Ashoaib (Posts: 3229; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
dont be crazy, plz dont point out someone's vocablury/grammer/spelling in multilingual world... more important is, do you understand what he said?
8. hellonerds (Posts: 313; Member since: 27 Aug 2013)
Anyone know if the exyno version will work on usa tmobile?
18. na7noo7 (Posts: 278; Member since: 29 Mar 2014)
Yes, my Galaxy S3 and Note 2 Exynos variants worked on T-Mobile.
21. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10434; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Fully? Because I luke complete compatility. If that's the case, I might just shell out the extra cash and get the Exynos variant. But WiFi calling though...
30. hellonerds (Posts: 313; Member since: 27 Aug 2013)
Yeah same here first time getting international version but I want lte to work on tmobile that's all.. I wouldn't mind paying a bit more..
19. kalalemuhammad (Posts: 11; Member since: 14 Jan 2014)
It has been long that I touch a Sammy phone. (Since when Note 3 is newly released ). But this is tempting me back again.
22. ausnote2 (Posts: 84; Member since: 07 Dec 2012)
definitely a beast but 5.7" screen :( either this or the lenovo vibe 2, tough choice
60. Ashoaib (Posts: 3229; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
same with me, lenovo vibe z2 is pretty tempting and note 4 has only 5.7" display... I was expecting atleast 5.9"
23. Tsepz_GP (Posts: 978; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
Oooh! The Exynos Haters will not be happy about this, once again the equivalent Snapdragon is thrashed.
Can't wait to get my Exynos Note 4 32GB :D the beast of 2014.
27. elitewolverine (Posts: 5076; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
the end of 2014...it will have to compete with the 2015 chips too.
Also we know that OS comes into play and we know Sammy has fubbed results in the past. Benchmarks show so little when other things are considered.
48. elitewolverine (Posts: 5076; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
A hater with a note 3, more than likely I will pick up the note 4, but nothing really pushes the note 3 now so its just meh for me for benchmarks that is. I don't chase specs, it is why my 925 is a daily driver while my note 3 is supplemental. Not to mention all my other devices are Samsung too, from HDD's to tv to etc etc etc.
It was in response to best of 2014. That is easy to say when you come out near the end of 2014, so no I don't consider it best of 2014, for me it would be best of 2015, kind of like a care being sold in july as the 2015 model.
24. Python212 (Posts: 363; Member since: 13 Aug 2014)
Good bye my beloved HTC M8....I was getting bored of your look anyway...
61. Ashoaib (Posts: 3229; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
woh!!! bored from HTC M8's looks? why is that so? it is such a beautiful phone
25. Carlitos (Posts: 499; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
It appears Exynos has finally become the high mark of processors once again.
Cant wait for this phone. Really want to buy the exynos version.
31. D.Lamore (Posts: 198; Member since: 15 Aug 2014)
This phone is immortal , not to talk of the software features on the much improved touchwiz UI can't wait, bring it on sammy
32. smarttechbadworld (Posts: 74; Member since: 07 May 2014)
This is an old leak and the galaxy note 4 will have 4gb of ram and not 3
41. ph00ny (Posts: 1164; Member since: 26 May 2011)
This is a more convincing leak than those speculations
33. tedkord (Posts: 10231; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Where's Jake? I'd like to see him post his drivel directly under a graphic showing the Apple A7 in the middle of the pack and behind the year old Snapdragon 800, let alone the 801, 805 and Exynos variants.
35. JakeLee (banned) (Posts: 1021; Member since: 02 Nov 2013)
64bit chip running 32bit OS....
What a joke.
36. Python212 (Posts: 363; Member since: 13 Aug 2014)
64bit chip & OS w/o true multitasking & only w/ 1gb ram still running sub 720p & 4" display in 2014....
What a joke.
49. elitewolverine (Posts: 5076; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
Well the 5s came out in 2013, 64bit over a year ago and that includes the OS. People do know that a 64bit chip running 32bit code will almost always be faster.
As well, the 720p argument is rather weak as the ios 5c that I play with daily doesn't hinder my ability to use it for its size and matches up nicely against my owned note 3 and g3 too. If the content you are viewing at 1080p has a bad bitrate and conversion (which most streaming content will) there is no point. Might as well get better bitrate with a lower resolution.
51. Python212 (Posts: 363; Member since: 13 Aug 2014)
whatever floats your boat
Enjoy your sub 720p contents and I'll enjoy my 1080p contents and soon 1440p contents.
46. D.Lamore (Posts: 198; Member since: 15 Aug 2014)
IOS can never match android in features without major overhaul . iphone sucks
52. tedkord (Posts: 10231; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
64bit chip placing middle of the pack behind last year's 32bit chips. What a joke.
34. twens (Posts: 955; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
Let's be clear here. 1.9ghz exynos in the note 3 was on par and sometimes better than the s800. It's only you US guys that think exynos is crap. We Africans have been enjoying exynos for a while now. Now the real champ is coming. Don't forget the s800 was clocked at 2.5ghz.
37. D.Lamore (Posts: 198; Member since: 15 Aug 2014)
P.A please do write an article on multitasking . Grade phones lets see which one comes top on multitasking , thats what SMART phones should be effortlessly doing in 2014. Phones shouldn't be called smart for nothing.
38. gigaraga (Posts: 1454; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
1.3Ghz Quad Core Cortex A57? Wow...thats a lot of power for a low-clocked chipset...simply awesome (just like the phone)
42. JakeLee (banned) (Posts: 1021; Member since: 02 Nov 2013)
CA57 for benchmarks like this, anything else runs on CA53.