Two purported Galaxy S5 models appear on AnTuTu, with radically different specs
0. phoneArena 10 Feb 2014, 02:28 posted on
The SM-G900R4 US Cellular version of the Galaxy S5 has purportedly made an appearance in the AnTuTu benchmark database in a more or less retail version, seeing that a 1440x2560 pixels display is reported, alongside a 16 MP rear camera. The processor, however, is the fastest 2.5 GHz Snapdragon 800, not the newest 805, which will be available to enter commercial devices in May or June of this year at the earliest, it seems. The rest of the specs include 3 GB of RAM, 32 GB of internal memory, 2 MP front camera, and Android 4.4.2 on board...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Maybe both units are engineering testbeds? SD800 SoC would seem to be a sideways step for Sammy's flagship. The GS4 had a processor upgrade over the Note 2. Not going SD805 for the GS5 when the Note 3 gets the SD800 seems odd, eh?
11. rd_nest (Posts: 1131; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
Don't expect 805 so soon.
They will need millions of phones during the initial launch. 805 was said to be available during Q2. The manufacturing of S5 would have started by now for sure.
And this is "AC" version, which is bit faster compared to normal MSM8974. The same SOC runs WQXGA resolution tablets today. So, it should be alright running same on a phone.
2. regkilla (Posts: 83; Member since: 13 Sep 2012)
I don't believe any benchmark tests coming from any Samsung after they got caught lying.
4. tech2 (Posts: 3005; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
So don't only hate Samsung for lying. Add HTC, Asus and LG to your list as well
17. mrblah (Posts: 555; Member since: 22 Jan 2013)
Liars, gross, at least Apples are true and faster at launch time.
7. tedkord (Posts: 7359; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Yes, those average 5% gains were shocking.
10. vincelongman (Posts: 2762; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
Also shows hard poor most of the benchmarks are.
3. UglyFrank (Posts: 1079; Member since: 23 Jan 2014)
I really wouldn't want to buy a 2014 flagship with an S800 or a Mali T628 which is slower than the Adreno 330.
5. tech2 (Posts: 3005; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Samsung would obviously introduce new Exynos chip if not new Qualcomm chip. Considering that I'm pretty sure it will beat SD805 let alone SD800.
12. UglyFrank (Posts: 1079; Member since: 23 Jan 2014)
It would be great if they could use the Mali T760 even though it was only released in October, Tegra K1 would be a nice choice too if only the Denver cores were out, if Samsung started to use Tegra chips they would have long term support
6. XperiaOptimusOne (unregistered)
Probably the SGS 5 & the SGS 5 Neo.
8. twens (Posts: 849; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
Enough with this rumors already. We all know Sammy is one of those few oems that like to totally upgrade their handsets in terms of hardware. Let's just wait till Sammy officially announce the s5. The rumors are beginning to piss me off. Aside everything I will prefer the s5 to come with a 1080p screen. That's my personal preference.
13. XperiaOptimusOne (unregistered)
Unfortunatley, rumors, concept renders & leaked blurry photos is a norm here in PA. Gotta get used to it.
14. LikeMyself (Posts: 383; Member since: 23 Sep 2013)
Maybe the other one is a Compact version in response to Sony's Z1 Compact as they can't resist copying ideas and monopolizing the market with their products!
15. chocowii (Posts: 387; Member since: 30 Jan 2014)
Why dont they make a proper flagship with a physical keyboard? Its effin 2014! Its about time.
16. newbey123 (Posts: 519; Member since: 19 Mar 2012)
Not really sure why people are surprised the S5 will have the S800 chip. All flagships coming out before June/July will have this chip, just like the HTC One.
18. sarge77 (Posts: 202; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
The only way they get a better chip is by switching chip makers other than that its the same old thing maybe lg g3 have better option and atleast we might see octa core goto US.