Two new pictures of the DROID RAZR HD leak out
0. phoneArena 02 Aug 2012, 14:28 posted on
Check out Motorola's upcoming flagship device for Verizon in images that are surprisingly good compared to standard "blurry-cam" leaks...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
17. MorePhonesThanNeeded (Posts: 616; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
Hope this is the last of the Razr+ line, Motorola need not to saturate the market too much with Razr this and Razr that. This one looks like what the original Razr should have been, but this will do to counter act the SGSIII. Motorola will get their chance to really bring the pain with the Nexus this fall. I hope it's a serious competitor, no holds barred and no thinner than the Razr please.
19. sena7 (Posts: 25; Member since: 12 Jul 2012)
I like that Motorola is using the Android soft keys.
21. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5289; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Odd though that they reversed the position of the back/escape key with the detail/info keys compared to the GS III and the HTC EVO 4G LTE.
30. chocolatebear76 (Posts: 121; Member since: 03 Mar 2011)
This phone design fall under mid ranger not sexy enough except the back Kevlar,motor! Step up your game,you can do better than this,sorry
32. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 2876; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
I'm glad both Motorola and Samsung now are moving away from the weird humps in the back.
39. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5488; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i never minded the humps, they gave the device a style of it's own and it's never in the way on my Razr.
34. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Moto won't put in 2 gigs of ram because it doesn't want to be on the top. The want to keep up with direct competitors. S4 and 2500+720p screen and at least a decent camera (which is hardly seen in moto's products) should be enough to attract customer's attention.
The only worthy contender with 2 gigs of ram is S III in USA and no one else.
Interesting is, despite their marriage with google they haven't implemented jelly yet.
36. FrostyDanny (Posts: 90; Member since: 15 Jul 2012)
i dont understand why motorola has it so you can't take the battery out of your phone? Thats why i switched from the Razr to the Galaxy s3
40. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5488; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
it's for a more sturdy and durable design. it's not a bad thing when they go the way of the MAXX and this thing by including big batteries.
50. ObjectivismFTW (Posts: 211; Member since: 03 Jul 2012)
It really depends what the user finds useful, because the durable design only comes into use for people who drop their phones in extreme situations. A sidewalk drop wont scratch a GS3 with Gorilla Glass 2. Removable batteries can help a lot to for smoeone who purchases another baterry, or for when the phone may lock up, which is rare, but the function is there. I'd say both about even themselves out. As far as battery, I've already talked about that here.
58. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5488; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
well i like the more substantial feel of something more solidly built. that just doesn't go away for me. a sidewalk drop would destroy an SIII. not only are drop tests terrible for it but it's all glossy, plastic case would also get all scraped up.
61. ObjectivismFTW (Posts: 211; Member since: 03 Jul 2012)
First two sentences = subjective.
Remember, the S3 is made of Polycarbonate, which is the same as the One X, but coated with HyperGlaze -- Both are incredibly scratch resistant, and it seems you have no sources to validate your "get all scraped up" claims, I know the GS3 has broken in scratch tests but most phones do, call it a spell, I don't know. The Razr had drop tests too pal, and it broke alright..
65. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5488; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
yeah, thanks for the info...?
my reason of liking it is every bit a reason TO like it. that's all i'm saying.
nobody has found the SIII to be particularly tougher than plastic because of it's Poly-carbonate material. my mom's Charge has fine marks and nicks all over it just from normal use and she even melted a part of it that touched the windshield of the car while it was in the dock. if it looks and feels like plastic i'm not getting it. anything can break from a drop but the Razr is definitely made from more resilient materials. the reason why it breaks is because it's 7.1mm thin and the screen absorbs most of the impact.
43. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4629; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Do you really need it often?
Anyway it isn't hard to do it by yourself, only few screws. ;)
44. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5488; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
it's hard when you want to keep your warranty.
88. MingLiangChen (Posts: 13; Member since: 06 Jul 2012)
Phones removable with back cover are usually made of plastic, which looses in position after removal for several times. I hope manufacturers can put in removable back covers, which are made of aluminium and not plastic. (e.g. Motorola XT720) otherwise, a non-removable one is fine
47. VonRondo (Posts: 4; Member since: 06 Jun 2012)
Come on guys. Let's stop pulling punches here. This is one ugly phone. The Kevlar / Carbon Fiber look is way too busy. It's as if Moto said, "hey everyone liked the Kevlar look on the Droid Razr, so we'll just add more!"
The hardware is probably going to be top tier, but someone needs to tell the Design department at Moto that sometimes LESS is MORE.
51. ObjectivismFTW (Posts: 211; Member since: 03 Jul 2012)
I really do believe the Razr Maxx looks better than this, this V thing looks obscene
89. MingLiangChen (Posts: 13; Member since: 06 Jul 2012)
Anyone here actually thinks that a Kevlar back with NO PATTERNS will be better? The one on Atrix HD is nice looking though, I prefer dots than checker style KEVLAR
53. ChafedBanana (Posts: 352; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
If it ain't got JELLY BEAN, if ain't for me! It looks as though my JB Galaxy Nexus will continue it's rule.
54. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5657; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
why should i care when this baby is only available for VERIZON?
67. Berzerk000 (Posts: 3661; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Absolutely love the design of this, I really hope there is a GSM version.
74. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
the only android players i love are motorola and sony!! they make tough and eye catchy (moto) and elegant and flawless (sony) phones!!!