Two new Apple iPhone models coming next quarter, Samsung Galaxy Note 3 to launch as soon as July?
0. phoneArena 29 May 2013, 06:58 posted on
Apple CEO Tim Cook appeared at D11 on Tuesday night and gave an explanation why Apple doesn't release more than one variation of the Apple iPhone each year; on the other hand, the executive seemed to open the door a little, to the idea that more than one version of the phone could be launched at the same time...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. _Bone_ (Posts: 2154; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
July would be too early for the Note III launch. First there's a lot of controlled leakage to be expected leading up to the announcement then there's the Snapdragon 800 that's not quite ready yet. And then there's the scheduling, Samsung likes to give the S series enough time before coming hyping up the other flagship line, not to distract one's sales with the other's. Plus there's no rush. If they announce it in August and release it early September, ppl. will buy it like hotcakes. I might wait for it just for the OIS and 60FPS / 4k video.
2. android_hitman (unregistered)
Note 3 is another class, you can't compare it to SGS4
4. _Bone_ (Posts: 2154; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Yes I can if I'm John Doe of non-tech guru and getting mixed signals with Samsung advertising both flagships equally strong. The reason for the 6-month gap in announcement is the advertising campaigns not to get mixed up. There's no sense releasing the product in 5 weeks, the S4 is barely out.
8. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4799; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
android_hitman means that the Note III is another class, phablet class. The S4 will never suffer from the release of the Note III. 2 different markets as proven with the S3 & Note II.
That is what he means by a different class compared to the S4.
10. _Bone_ (Posts: 2154; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
And not for John Doe was my answer. He goes in, sees a very big screen phone (S4) and than an even bigger screen phone (NIII) both being advertised as the "next big thing", now he's confused Which is why Samsung smartly decided to release the two flagships in 6 months cycles, so just when S4 hype loses steam, the NIII starts, keeping Samsung always in the news.
Plus there are millions of avid fans now who bought the excellent S2, then wow look at that ICS/720p GNexus and bought that one, then the awesome SIII, then the multi-window/airview wonder Note II, now the epic 1080p S4, and providing enough time has passed to get a little bored of the Life Companion, they'll get the Monster. So yes, the 6m release makes sense both ways.
19. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
So there is 3 Bone on PA,
What's going on....?
31. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 1031; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
I totaly agree with that. If people were skeptical about the original Galaxy Note and stuck with the S2..........what would make this any different? Id be surprised if they release the Note III this early
57. jbreault (Posts: 25; Member since: 04 Mar 2012)
your right why would Samsung do some thing to slow down sales of the s4 its all about make money lol
5. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4799; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
The Samsung Galaxy Note III is from the future compared to the iPhone 5 , 5S, & whatever they decide to call the next iPhones.
21. gallitoking (Posts: 4718; Member since: 17 May 2011)
then I will wait for 2015 to buy the Note.. for now is the all mighty never fail iphone
33. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Ladies and gentlemen the typical isheep response...it just works......
47. jacko1977 (Posts: 428; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
when apps arent crashing and the phone rebooting
48. quadrazeus (Posts: 359; Member since: 03 May 2013)
Sounds like you are talking about android 2.2.
41. james004 (Posts: 486; Member since: 15 May 2013)
-_- you one stupid person!
Note = S series with a bigger screen and stylus.
that said, Note 3 is going to be more disappointing then S4.
dislike all u want, im a samsung user myself so my hate to them is just a rage for being s**tty company when they can be really good. they are full of potential but they decide to be s**t.
42. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
nothing needs to be said to show your stupidity.....
45. MistB (Posts: 581; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
wow, I stopped reading after you called the other guy stupid, hypocrisy/irony much?
54. 9thWonderful (Posts: 232; Member since: 24 Jan 2013)
as an iPhone user myself...i'd have to disagree w/this statement. S4 is a pretty well crafted product from the outer shell to the internals. the only reason i haven't made the jump yet is that i'm not ready to transition from the iCloud to another alternative. also i still prefer the iOS mp3 interface to any other so i would have to look at getting an iPod if i go w/the S4. not sure if i'm ready to do all of that.
3. rawbow (Posts: 428; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
I would love to see a bigger iPhone in the market and its pretty early for Note 3, but looking at Samsung , i am sure they would make a beast out of it....Can't wait
6. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10409; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I don't believe anything in this post other than the fact that the Note 3 will have a 13MP camera. Samsung isn't going to release the N3 before September in Berlin, and Apple won't release two phones.
15. roldefol (Posts: 4097; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
There's only so much crow Apple can eat. They already had to increase the iPhone's screen to 4" and offer an 8" iPad to compete with Android, both ideas Steve railed against back in the day. Offering a phablet or even a 4.7" iPhone would be completely out of character.
53. Hemlocke (unregistered)
What is this, the playground? Giant multinationals don't care who did it first, only fanboys do. I'm sure Apple feels so burned by having to follow someone else's act, and then selling more 7" tablets in their slow quarter than any one company has sold of tablets in the last 12 months. I'm positive they would hang their heads in shame if they made a larger version of the world's best-selling smartphone.
Burn, Cupertino, you just got served by the companies who are picking up your scraps.
7. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Can't wait to see the BEAST! Bring it on Samsung!
11. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Lol good comment me neither, but I can't help notice we were being thumbed down for saying go on sammy,lol butt hurt fanboys complaining that the note 3 is getting so much praise already, why are there so many sammy haters now?
All haters can gtfo!
12. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Just ignore them, haters gonna hate right?
13. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Sooo true +1! On another note I replied you your post on the amber update article....can you read it please? :)
17. roldefol (Posts: 4097; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
You two are funny. Seems it's okay for you to hate on Apple, but anyone who similarly dismisses Samsung is a hater.
26. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Congratulations you have finally seen our logic!!!!
28. quadrazeus (Posts: 359; Member since: 03 May 2013)
Haha, exactly. Let these kids have fun, ignore 'em.
35. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
38. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
There all jealous of the feautres that arn't available on there brands!
16. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
First of all NOTE 3 is too early too release in July. 2nd every iPhone that's releases once a year have the same rectangle shape design. Also if they going too grow a inch or 2 too compete with 5" 1080p full hd phones all they do is add another row nothing new.
18. GoBears (Posts: 448; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
I used to change phones about once a month. I enjoyed craiglisting flagships as they were released. The Gnote2 changed all of that. Ever since I got that phone, I haven't even considered changing no matter what came out. I've finally found the perfect phone for me. I can't wait for the Gnote3!
22. gallitoking (Posts: 4718; Member since: 17 May 2011)
you spent almost all of your paragraph saying how much your Note 2 means to you and on the last sentence you are willing to parts ways for a phone that we know nothing about.... just saying
23. GoBears (Posts: 448; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
It's the Note series I enjoy. Samsung's not going to go backwards. The Note3 is going to be phenomenal for those of us that like the phablet phones.
20. doubler86 (Posts: 320; Member since: 26 Jan 2011)
Everything in this post is wrong. Both of these won't come out till September.
24. gallitoking (Posts: 4718; Member since: 17 May 2011)
With the cheap version of the iphone Apple is finally competing with Android... first the ipad mini and now the iphone, Android will have no other way but to make the bigger screens.
27. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Don't worry android is already way ahead of iOS! They don't need to worry too much if apple put out a bigger screened iPhone!
30. roldefol (Posts: 4097; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
He has half a point though. Android phones sell on their inherent advantages over the iPhone. Among unbiased consumers who don't care about specs or software customization, the biggest advantage is size. I was just in a VZW store the other day and a guy came in looking for cheap smartphones (on contract, of course) for his entire family. He briefly looked at an entry-level Galaxy, but when he realized the iPhone 4 was free, he walked out with three of them.
32. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Hmmm actually you have a good point I see your arguement now...
46. tedkord (Posts: 9872; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
In price, maybe, but still not in power, function and flexibility. Besides, with the GS4 selling at a pace of 10 million per month, it's time to put that price rationalization to bed.
34. PermanentHiatus (Posts: 267; Member since: 22 Jun 2012)
Good strategy I guess. New iPhones and Macbooks in the summer, and iPads in the fall.
They're banking on the iPad mini retina to sell big this Christmas, and it will definitely sell like hotcakes.
40. roldefol (Posts: 4097; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
iPad mini should've been retina in the first place. So much for choosing quality over pricing.
56. LPJFR (Posts: 5; Member since: 27 Mar 2013)
you know the beauty in all of this is that everyone has an opinion. I personally prefer to have a jailbroken ios phone over andriod or the god-awful windows phone, but when it comes to a tablet or phablet andriod is for sure the way to go.