Two more Samsung Galaxy S4 ads each show off a feature of the phone
0. phoneArena 05 May 2013, 20:40 posted on
In the aftermath of its latest ad putting down the Apple iPhone while showing off the Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung has two more shorter ads that each focus on one specific thing; the first spot shows off 'Easy mode' which allows a less than tech savvy Samsung Galaxy S4 user to quickly set up a home screen with widgets; the other ad shows 'Eraser Shot Mode' that removes an unwanted image from a pictrure...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. vishu9 (Posts: 252; Member since: 03 Mar 2011)
Say what you want, Samsung knows marketing in its true sense!
22. AnTuTu (Posts: 1578; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
Yup that's true and another fact is "Nothing can beat the Beast"
I am going to buy S4 just waiting for my birthday :) gonna gift myself the beast :p
37. omar300 (Posts: 209; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
none of their marketing works on developers and people like me who buy phones and install AOKP on it. i just see hardware and to me specs are great but phone is FUGLY!
2. thethird (Posts: 72; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
These! Samsung knows how to pack lots of features and knows how to advertise them. They show how these features are helpful to one's life. Take note manufacturers. [+]
40. chocolaking (Posts: 494; Member since: 22 May 2012)
all the gimiiick feature will be turned off 99 % of the time anyway.
because it's draning the battery.. LOL
I am just saying this as an reminder to the consumers who gets brain washed by the commercial.
It's a nice phone. no doubt.
23. jsdechavez (Posts: 728; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
It doesn't work that way I guess. Not as fast and easily as shown.
34. Daftama (Posts: 619; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
It doesn't work as great it should a little bugs inside
36. Diazene (Posts: 129; Member since: 01 May 2013)
it's been on the lumia 920 and the HTC one for ages
5. twens (Posts: 961; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
And people call it gimmicky? This is what you do with all the processing power and ram In a smartphone. Samsung puts the hardwares to use while other companies sit down to admire their beautiful phones. Way to go,I will stick with this company bcos they know how to bring out the best in android. Thanks to Samsung people now clearly see how dump iPhones are.
9. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
Hopefully they air these on major US networks that the herd of iphone users watch.
16. E.N. (Posts: 2610; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
As for the "herd of iPhone users" that you're referring to, there have been options available since 2011 that can do the same thing if not better (doesn't require that the user be psychic)
13. E.N. (Posts: 2610; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
This is a really good ad, but Erase Shot probably takes the cake for one of the dumbest features introduced by Samsung this year. Why? Because you have to already be in EraseShot mode BEFORE you take the picture. So unless you already know someone is going to try to bomb your picture (in which case it wouldn't be a photobomb since you know it's gonna happen) then the feature is as good as useless...also, I've seen a couple videos online and the process is SLOW because it has to take a series of pictures first and is nothing like how it was shown in the ad. Many reviewers also say that it doesn't even work that well / all the time...SMH.
15. protozeloz (Posts: 5396; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Actually I thought that it was the other way O_O
18. E.N. (Posts: 2610; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
I don't own the device so I can't say for sure, but as you probably know the S4 has a lot of camera modes and Erase Mode is one of them. The videos I've watched all say that you have to be in Erase Mode first or it won't work. The feature is quite sad actually... and the ad slightly misleading.
20. joey_sfb (Posts: 5421; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
At least you are honest and reasonable. Most apple fan would just bash any thing Samsung.
I have used both apple and Samsung product and Samsung suit me more for now.
33. protozeloz (Posts: 5396; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Yeah, I looked for videos and demos, its quite useless like that, it only hold a purpose if you want to take landscape pictures and get rid of the people that pass by.... So its quite useless in normal circumstances because you never know when you want to erase people
6. alltechinside (Posts: 248; Member since: 21 Apr 2013)
Wow, talk about great marketing. Eraser shot looks awesome in that ad.
7. KFear (Posts: 143; Member since: 06 Feb 2012)
You have to have the phone in Eraser Mode to erase anything. Also, her camera was set at 9.6 megapixels. Most S4s are.
14. thethird (Posts: 72; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
you dont have to say that. Sammy is in charge for that. [+]
11. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1345; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
Samsung is not playing around. I was hoping that HTC would pull one out but I don't think they have enough features to talk about. You can only talk about a metal body, blinkfeed and a camera for so long. The average everyday consumer will like these features while pro's will load cyanogenmod.
People like to call these features gimmicks but it looks like Samsung is using it as commercial ammunition. Very smart Samsung!!
12. Galen20K (Posts: 541; Member since: 26 Dec 2008)
What people may not know is you can do the exact same thing with the htc One with Zoe, same with "drama shot".
24. vincelongman (Posts: 4159; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
The thing HTC is doing completely wrong is not advertising the HTC One, the HTC One probably has many great features that even many tech savy people don't know about. I think Samsung will sell far more S4s because the average consumer doesnt know much about the HTC One.
38. ebubekir26 (Posts: 315; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
no, Samsung is just very very good in features and marketing
17. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Finally get see their ad during the NBA PLAYOFF and it was soo hilarious. i like how the mother saying delete this picture. and the guy behind her say THAT'S COOL and she says " I'm Cool" XD response mom. and the guy showing his boxers just a crazy dude but hilarious
35. Daftama (Posts: 619; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Notice how they put elderly ppl using this phone and the other was all young thats marketing lol
19. joey_sfb (Posts: 5421; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
I like Samsung ad. They are very effective.
26. kingpin81486 (Posts: 7; Member since: 04 Sep 2012)
This is false advertising. Unless your in that special mode this feature doesn't work (which they are in the proper mode). In this case why would you be in that mode if your not expecting a situation where someone photo bombs. Come on Samsung you have so many good features don't lie about them.
30. 1ceTr0n (Posts: 549; Member since: 20 May 2012)
Your new to the idea of marketing in the free market of supply and demand in the USA arn't ya?
28. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Wow, with all the ads like this, Apple should also make an ad too, for payback. But I guess Apple is scared right now.
29. 1ceTr0n (Posts: 549; Member since: 20 May 2012)
Won't give up my Note 2 until Note 3 comes out.
31. Damitel (Posts: 66; Member since: 21 Apr 2013)
How I wish the 'I' in iphones or the itunes stand for 'I'nnovation, sadly, has been more of 'I'court, 'I'glass, ithis and ithat. Samsung is all about smartness, inteligence; making technology blend very easy with life daily task. Long life Sammy!
32. funnyguy (banned) (Posts: 244; Member since: 10 Jan 2013)
Do they also mention the Lag and the bad Battery life of the s4?
Any words about the overheating problems the phone is having.
What about the garbage build quality of the phone?