Two conmen found guilty of substituting ice for Apple iPads in U.K. postal insurance scam
0. phoneArena 14 Aug 2013, 17:24 posted on
Two U.K. conmen had an idea for a postal insurance scam involving the Apple iPad; unfortunately for the pair, they didn't exactly think things through and were nabbed by the cops. Nathan Meunch, 29, and Nigel Bennett, 39 went to the Wellington Post Office with a parcel that they claimed contained $4000 worth of Apple iPads. In reality, the parcel contained ice, which was rapidly melting...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. rawbow (Posts: 428; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
iFreeze!!!!! Put your hands where i can see them!!! lol
3. darkkjedii (Posts: 19402; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Ice ice baby. The ice pad mini. What idiots...
4. nobelset (Posts: 270; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
-_____- I certainly did not come here expecting ice to be LITERALLY ice! XD
7. Fishbowl (Posts: 22; Member since: 21 Jun 2013)
i was wondering that too. If it's going to his mate's place it doesn't matter what he puts there. Rocks would have sufficed. My guess is to show water damage?
10. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3605; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Look at them man... They're perfect for the third installation of "Dumb and Dumber".
15. jinxed (Posts: 107; Member since: 10 Jan 2013)
i think because, once the packet reaches him, he will open it infront of the delivery guy and boooom.. nothins der! so the fault doesnt fall on the sender.
6. uchihakurtz (Posts: 358; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Apple products gets replaced with the randomest things in scams, from potatoes to ice... WTF are these people smoking?? LOL
11. -box- (Posts: 3991; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
It's the lower-spec version of the iphoneC, the iCe.
13. McLTE (Posts: 804; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Just have to wonder WTF goes on in these guys brains thinking.. "YES! I have the ultimate plan! We'll put ice in the box. PERFECT!"
I can think of a few good ways to pull this off, but NOTHING that involves ice.
14. PhoneCritic (Posts: 649; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
LoL!!!! . iFai l- I agree!!!m What the hell were these guys think or better yet the weren't thinking no powers of acute cogitation at all.
16. PrinceBee (Posts: 2; Member since: 16 Aug 2013)
Their brains were frozen so were their minds simple!
17. PrinceBee (Posts: 2; Member since: 16 Aug 2013)
The guys were a bunch of lazy lots who could not even differentiate between a blocks of ice ad blocks of metal. There are better options than ice......let them enroll for a tutorial....