Two Nokia Lumia phablets and a low priced Nokia Lumia 920 on the way?
0. phoneArena 15 Jun 2013, 14:43 posted on
A published report on Saturday details a pair of Nokia Lumia phablets on the way with one coming in the September-October period and the other due next February; the model expected to be coming in the third quarter will purportedly include the same camera as the one seen on the Nokia Lumia 925 and will sport a 5.5 inch to 6 inch screen...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Omar-BHR95 (Posts: 184; Member since: 23 Dec 2012)
Waiting for the phablet with HIGHER mp than 8
32. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
I wonder why don't they put 12mp camera in their phones. Their only phone with 12mp camera was N8.
35. Nasheer_B (Posts: 10; Member since: 05 Nov 2012)
It's not just the mass of pixels that count, it's the quality of each pixel.
2. tusshharish (Posts: 342; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
nokia is in action...........common nokia surprise us..............
3. amirad (Posts: 2; Member since: 15 Jun 2013)
low priced lumia 920 with 1 gig ram, exactly what I was waiting for.
4. Whateverman (Posts: 3250; Member since: 17 May 2009)
Nokia should push M$ on supporting 1080P. With the Optimus G Pro having 1080 the Note 3 coming out in a few months possibly sporting it, now is not the time for Nokia to pull its punches.
16. arsenaljimenez (Posts: 169; Member since: 03 May 2012)
I'm pretty sure it will have that and much more when they announce windows blue
29. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
i will more want multitasking to get real now since they moved to dual cores its about time multitasking gets the update to true MT
5. MistB (Posts: 581; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Nokia lumia Phablet with a stylus and Windows 8 with a 41mp sensor= the ultimate phone/tablet hybrid. I'd have it in a heartbeat over the Note 3/IPhone 5s and HTC T6.
9. MistB (Posts: 581; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
No, it's not a Phablet but neither hypothetically is the LG G2 but there's no denying it's THE hot item to own and the most mainstream product coming out during that period to the casual consumer with IOS 7/A7 chip, the note 3 will be too large and the G2 is well....not really in a heartbeat to be picked up so suddenly by European carriers where the LTE market is growing. Nokia on the other hand is slowly picking itself back up and remains the only viable competitor on the 3rd/4th platform besides IOS/Android and BB10.
10. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
note? note 2? note 3?
whatever the answer you cant possibly know if it can, hyping the note will only lead to disappointment, too much hype is never good
14. vandroid (Posts: 327; Member since: 04 Sep 2012)
The note 2 and up, the note 2 owns the phablet market, I can make assumptions based on sales
21. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
sales dont equal best, this assumption needs to stop considering the uproar people had when the iphone dominated everything in sales
the note brought the phablet market to the public and made it what it is, the note 2 added to that but with samsung saturating the market there in danger of ruining there high rep in this area....this will allow others to swoop in and start taking a piece of the phablet market.
besides we all want choice right, so samsung wont be remaining the best here but tis will make them fight back ending in more for us
25. vandroid (Posts: 327; Member since: 04 Sep 2012)
As if a Nokia phablet could top the specs of the upcoming note 3 or even the note 2 sure the camera is awesome but no one uses their camera 100% of the time and theres no way the phablets will have 1080p displays or a battery life as good as the note 2 or 3
30. SonyXperiaNexus (Posts: 374; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
it will probably come with windows blue update so there is a high chance it will support 1080p. OS is an important factor, i mean if it comes with windows 8 rather than wp8 then its gonna KILL every phablet. Only time will tell...
31. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
not everyone need an overgrown phone or 1080p. What for put so much strain on a battery. 720p is more than enough on such a small screen.
I think that many users rely to much on what manufacturers say. They say=it's good so buy it, you do it like a puppet.
33. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
strongly agree plus 1 millions thumbs up in ur account
12. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
They will never understand...:)
18. -box- (Posts: 3991; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
I dunno, the Optimus Pro is doing a good job...
22. gehena1315 (Posts: 54; Member since: 12 Jun 2013)
note 3 sucks! nokia phalet is going to kill note!!
40. akki20892 (Posts: 3900; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
wait for announcement of nokia lumia phablet then see how nokia bring features and uniqueness.
8. snowgator (Posts: 3556; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
Wow. If this rumor is right- 2 phablets in within about 4 months of each other?? This is a great decision if true. Also with @whateverman- time for 1080P, and there should be no more dragging of feet.
13. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
What about peculian camera equipped device?
15. Edmund (Posts: 656; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
Doesn't make sense, so I call BS on most of this. The Lumia 920's price has already fallen to $450 where I live, making it even more affordable than the 820.
19. -box- (Posts: 3991; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
It's ALWAYS been $450 in the U.S..
You lose. Try again.
34. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
si any idea are the new EOS and 925 at relative same price as 920 or they are on peak which should not be the case
20. sharz7474 (Posts: 18; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
Yes, agree with you, in my country, the price is about $480, trade in my Lumia 620 for abou $120, end up paying Lumia 920 for just about $360 with wireless charging plate free gift, love my Lumia 920.
23. Gaytor (Posts: 51; Member since: 09 Sep 2012)
Will someone tell me the reasons highly paid management will take such a long time to go do what they obviously need to do ? Nokia still has not released a tablet ? Why phablet ? Concentrate on more basic trade lanes first , use the budget properly. Release a mini tablet ! I guess this article is just speculation .
28. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1163; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
thought a phablet is also called a mini tablet/?
24. quyenqchau0813 (unregistered)
Ok, just about the grab the 720
Now they have this new