Twitter drops "swipeable" redesign for its Android app
0. phoneArena 16 Nov 2013, 11:29 posted on
Twitter has dropped a redesign of its Android app that would have brought some radical changes to its look. Replacing the usual buttons with a menu that allowed users to swipe through options, members of the Android alpha and beta testing program were swiping their way from stream to stream. But that has been scrapped by Twitter and the four buttons have returned following an update that was rolled out this past week to both alpha and beta testers...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Mozarrt (Posts: 295; Member since: 08 Oct 2011)
Now it's just looking like a clone of the Windows Phone app.
2. rihel_95 (Posts: 229; Member since: 21 Mar 2012)
aah that status bar in new alpha pic! what a mess!
3. Shatter (Posts: 2031; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Someone needs to tell that guy how to swipe away notifications.
5. datsyuk (Posts: 174; Member since: 11 Jan 2012)
Old alpha looked awesome goes well with 4.4 IMO too.
6. DontHateOnS60 (Posts: 863; Member since: 20 Apr 2009)
We really need to get the old twitter contact list back.
7. bwhiting (Posts: 173; Member since: 15 Jun 2013)
the old alpha does look a bit better than the new one that they are showing in the screenshot