Twitter drops "swipeable" redesign for its Android app
The alpha version of Twitter has a version of the Discover section that is different from the current app. Trending can be viewed in detail or in list. In detail, a couple of sample tweets can be seen giving users an idea of what the excitement is all about, and why a particular topic is trending. And when composing a tweet, a pop up asks you if you are in a particular city.
There is talk that Twitter is becoming less aggressive with its plans to change its Android app. Pulling back from the swipeable menu is no doubt an example of this.
1. Mozarrt (Posts: 297; Member since: 08 Oct 2011)
Now it's just looking like a clone of the Windows Phone app.
2. rihel_95 (Posts: 254; Member since: 21 Mar 2012)
aah that status bar in new alpha pic! what a mess!
3. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Someone needs to tell that guy how to swipe away notifications.
5. datsyuk (Posts: 177; Member since: 11 Jan 2012)
Old alpha looked awesome goes well with 4.4 IMO too.
6. DontHateOnS60 (Posts: 864; Member since: 20 Apr 2009)
We really need to get the old twitter contact list back.
7. bwhiting (Posts: 180; Member since: 15 Jun 2013)
the old alpha does look a bit better than the new one that they are showing in the screenshot