Twice as much developer interest found for iOS 7 beta than iOS 6 beta
The figure is double the .11% web traffic share in North America generated last year by iOS 6 beta 3 after one month. Certainly the revamped UI has a lot to do with the greater interest in the newer OS build. As we pointed out earlier on Friday, while Apple isn't twisting any developer's arms, it certainly behooves them to update their apps to make sure that they don't stand out in a negative way.
We should see the web traffic generated by iOS 7 continue to rise as we get closer to the release of the operating system this fall.
After three days, iOS 7 beta 3 had grabbed .22% of the web traffic generated by the Apple iPhone and Apple iPod
source: Chitika via GIGaom
1. ckoch125 (Posts: 191; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Wonder how many are actually developers? Seems all the forums are littered with regular people who downloaded it and not as many actual devs
4. Googler (Posts: 813; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
I don't blame them, if I had an iPhone, I'd download it too. First time they've had some of these options available to them.
6. jan25 (Posts: 416; Member since: 26 Feb 2012)
I am one of those people. The features are indispensable, but of course you have to live with the fact that its packed with bugs and the hideous new icons.
2. darkkjedii (Posts: 12365; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
This is good news. When this OS launches officially, it's gonna be huge. Apple is now listening to the consumer, which means goods things are coming down the pipe. Kudos apple for taking a chance, and delivering a clutch homer...Jeter style.
3. palmguy (Posts: 306; Member since: 22 Mar 2011)
Yeah, thanks for adding my webOS card multitasking. I may allow my original Pre on Sprint to rest for a moment.
5. darkkjedii (Posts: 12365; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Web OS cards is inspired by iOS safari cards.
12. astroparthi (Posts: 24; Member since: 19 Nov 2009)
have u ever handled mac os... this type of multi tasking came in mac os before web os...
14. stealthd (Posts: 974; Member since: 12 Jun 2011)
No...iPhone was out in 2007 (App Store in 2008). WebOS and the Pre were out in 2009.
9. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
Good for them..:)
13. affandi (Posts: 85; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
Feels like a lot of fuzz lately for this new theme pack, let's move on to some real news.. okay?