Tweet shows Google Nexus 5 in white along with November 1st release date
0. phoneArena 27 Oct 2013, 13:40 posted on
Serial leaker evleaks is usually pretty accurate with his tweets and there are a whole bunch of Google Nexus 5 buyers who are really hoping that he is right again; a tweet that he sent out on Sunday shows a press render of the Google Nexus 5 in white. Yes, we've seen that before, even on a leaked photo of the box that the phone comes in...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. in_core (Posts: 80; Member since: 14 Sep 2012)
the white back looks much better.. not sure about the front side being black
29. dan86 (Posts: 298; Member since: 17 Mar 2012)
Looks good like the Lumia replaceable back covers. Nice combination of black and white inspires MJ famous song.
3. EgyDroid (Posts: 69; Member since: 10 Oct 2013)
Like the black one wasn't good enough!!....LOL.
4. TheStanleyFTW (Posts: 19; Member since: 20 Feb 2013)
EvLeaks has twitted a date.That's the best news about the Nexus 5's release. And you know what that means PA. STOP THOSE SPAMMING NEWS ABOUT "The render of the phone shows bla bla clock and maybe that indicats the date and bla bla bla"
Sorry for my bad english ;)
12. Kjayhawk (Posts: 273; Member since: 07 Oct 2010)
yeah i agree no secret message in twitter, EVleaks is the best source for this kind of material and is usually on point when it comes to releases. Maybe the invitations will come out tomorrow.
33. devoncatt (Posts: 11; Member since: 03 Sep 2013)
Only problem normally Google sends out invites at least a week before the release announcement and no one seems to have received one..
Yes @Evileaks tends to be accurate but this leak originally came from the canadian phone Maple Syrup and I think I was bored and decided KitKat on Halloween sounded good - as did others.
It's all hype and wishful thinking (like a child wishing Christmas will come sooner) until the invites arrive!
5. ZombieHunter (Posts: 15; Member since: 13 Oct 2013)
Another day, another release date.... ho hum..
8. NexusPhan (Posts: 320; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
This is actually the first and only date evleaks has provided for the Nexus 5. They are an incredibly reliable source. They rarely make mistakes. Go look at their Google+ profile. They are responsible for thousands of leaks.
6. TheStanleyFTW (Posts: 19; Member since: 20 Feb 2013)
Man. White on the front side, black rubber ring around the phone and then like the render shows white on the back while the camera is black. Maybe if the start and volume buttons also where white...IMO :)
7. EgyDroid (Posts: 69; Member since: 10 Oct 2013)
"launch" as in Google play and store shelves OR an event cuz no one received any invitations yet
I'm happy anyways.
9. fistigons (Posts: 260; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
I personally prefer a black frame around my screen. I find it makes watching movies more enjoyable. I don't think I'll be buying the white version though. I have a feeling that it'll be showing more dirt/grime than the black version. Especially if it has the same soft matte finish as the black version.
32. boosook (Posts: 775; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
Exactly, I think this is why Google choose to keep the black front. Usability, first of all.
10. Epicness1o1 (Posts: 162; Member since: 30 May 2013)
I Like the white background with a black camera but the black bumper isnt something
11. alpinejason (Posts: 251; Member since: 06 Sep 2011)
Anyone have any idea how much this wlll cost unlocked gsm
15. TomTheNerd (Posts: 67; Member since: 11 Oct 2013)
i think i prefer the white back (contrast with black camera too) and the black front, panda look. I'll be buying it.
16. red_fox (Posts: 39; Member since: 07 May 2013)
If the nexus 5 is able to use an OTG then i'l consider updating, if not i guess i'l have to skip this one... or maybe not, god I hate my self lol.
17. datsyuk (Posts: 152; Member since: 11 Jan 2012)
If I could get a 32gb White Verizon Nexus 5 I could die happy
18. Fuego84 (Posts: 250; Member since: 13 May 2012)
I would get the white one if only it was all white but since only the back is white and I'll be using a tough case the white back won't be seen so I'll be getting a black nexus 5.
20. Ant34 (Posts: 193; Member since: 10 Aug 2013)
I'm with you. The phone looks weird with a black and white arrangement.
21. softfurryanus (banned) (Posts: 232; Member since: 09 Jul 2013)
The fake white render looked so much better but this really doesn't look half bad...
JUST HALF WHITE
25. LG_is_the_best (unregistered)
No, no, no please no
26. Jonathan41 (Posts: 526; Member since: 22 Mar 2012)
I don't really care if the phone is half white or full white. The render looks great. What I feel is most important in this artical is the proposed release date. evleaks usually comes though when they post something. November 1, 2013 just became a holiday in my eyes.
27. remtothemax (Posts: 205; Member since: 02 May 2012)
dear lg/google. this is not a white phone. it is a black phone with a white back. samsung has done this for a while now with a variety of colors for their galaxy models.
please call me when you release an actually white phone. until then, stop fooling yourself.
28. Taters (Posts: 2392; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
I like the black and white look myself. Especially from the side view. It looks slick.
I am pretty sure they keep it like this because they refuse to lose the can't see the bezels look. If the front frame of phone was white you would be able to see where the screen starts and it wouldn't look as slick.
30. 00Ben00 (Posts: 8; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
Release it in a mth if you want, but LG or someone give us the ###### info now please, this just keeps going on and on. I've been putting off pre ordering another ph, which gives me free flip case, because of my interest in the Nexus 5. But being in Australia will it be a 3mth wait after the rest of you get it, and will the price be comparable to the $349 on the 16gb phone, or will it magically inflate to $500-$600??!
Either way I'll end up missing the pre order deal if not done before end of this mth.
34. E.S.1 (Posts: 286; Member since: 14 Sep 2013)
I agree with you 100%.
I'm trying to decide between Nexus 5 and LG G2.
It's taking really long time.
31. poping (unregistered)
i prefer pure black or pure white... google should start putting wolfson audio too...
35. siraj989 (Posts: 17; Member since: 27 Oct 2013)
I hope it's true because we're sick and tired of waiting.