Tweet reveals specs for the Nokia Catwalk, heading to T-Mobile
0. phoneArena 06 Apr 2013, 00:50 posted on
After yesterday's water cooler buzz that the Nokia Catwalk would be introduced on May 15th in London, we now have a tweet from Italian personality Flavio that is alleged to contain the specs for the device and while no specific carrier was mentioned in the tweet, T-Mobile has been mentioned as a placewhere this phonemight just settle down...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 5577; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
COOL! Something is getting more interesting and exciting!
8. tusshharish (Posts: 342; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
my question is does it has micro sd card slot?????
14. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 5577; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Maybe it don't have. But hey, it has 16GB internal storage, for a 16GB, you can store a lot of apps, games and music etc.
If 16GB is not enough for you, then you need to get a 100GB computer.
16. tusshharish (Posts: 342; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
hey buddy i am only asking to know about it more...........i know 16gb is enough for wp..............and also i like nokia /.................
20. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 5577; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Buddy, I didn't say you don't like Nokia. Its just my opinion, 16GB is already enough for WP. If my comment hurt your feelings, I need to apologize for that.
50. tusshharish (Posts: 342; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
no buddy......i am just curious about it.....if it has micro sd card slot its sell gonna rock........it will help nokia ............. :)
60. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 5577; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Yup, I agree. I have to admit that I was wrong, SD cards do help them, because many peoples love to download HD games, HD movies, apps etc. :)
17. Cammo (Posts: 3; Member since: 06 Apr 2013)
Blackberry 10 Outsells wp in USA and the UK .........
23. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 5577; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Nokia outsells BlackBerry 10 in India.
39. tashreef (Posts: 476; Member since: 24 Nov 2012)
Nokia will out sell every one else
Nokia Lumia 520 now available for only INR 10,499
That is hardly $200 ..http://www.mobalian.in/2013/04
48. predator93 (Posts: 122; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
Actually it is available for 9899.
18. Cammo (Posts: 3; Member since: 06 Apr 2013)
Still a brick like 920 thick and Heavy with old specs
22. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4069; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
No, with the dimensions/weight given in the article, the Catwalk will be lighter and thinner than the Galaxy S3.
132 grams vs 133
8.4 mm vs 8.6
Also, the old specs don't matter because WP still runs perfectly smooth on them.
36. Timmehor (Posts: 599; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
Look at the S4 .. it's 5 inches compared to the 4.5 Nokia. Of course they can fit more and make it thinner, so no its not the S4 era its the "i'm too lazy to fit stuff in, so i'll make it super big".
45. Wiki_jaan (Posts: 703; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
but s4 is 130 grams. 7.9mm thin 5inch screen but body size same as s3............... every body likes 5 inch screens......
58. Timmehor (Posts: 599; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
Not me. So that isn't everyone. Remember just because PA and you don't have an iPhone doesn't mean everyone likes big phones. iPhones are the most popular smartphones, and they are small. I prefer between 4 to 4.5 inch display.
49. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4069; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
I was just making a point that it's not a brick like the 920, unless you call the S3 a brick.
54. akki20892 (Posts: 3555; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
catwalk and eos both will have micro sd card slot.
53. akki20892 (Posts: 3555; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Nokia Catwalk Aluminum and EOS-41MP is coming in At&t T-Mobile, and both will hit globally like Nokia Lumia 920 did........!!! very very exciting.....!!!
2. wendygarett (unregistered)
So many Nokia news lately :(
31. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1145; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
why so sad? we dont complain on any android related news
37. Timmehor (Posts: 599; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
So many Fandroids lately posting biased, off topic bullsh*t on unrelated articles. If you have something to say, at least make it constructive.
42. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
"This phone is to big and thick to be in the "Catwalk"™
3. amats69 (Posts: 1086; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Interesting but it is so sad it is a windows phone.I'm not saying that wp is not good but I prefer android and ios because of applications. can't imagine this rumored phone running on android!
7. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
Some new kind of pixel arrangement may be? Or maybe a new kind of OLED tech, that may be better than super amoled in terms of colors and battery consumption while giving darker blacks?
9. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3013; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
maybe a pixel comprises of 8 subpixels in the arrangement???
12. Penny (Posts: 1193; Member since: 04 Feb 2011)
The guy who tweeted this answered this question on another blogsite...it's On Cell Touch technology with OLED, which means thinner screen.
6. asingha94 (Posts: 288; Member since: 08 Apr 2012)
Really octaoled!!what is it? screen size is perfect & good to know thinner & lighter!!
10. luabin (Posts: 30; Member since: 29 Jul 2012)
so nokia lumia 928 (laser) , nokia (catwalk) is set to be unveil.. does it mean that NOKIA codename EOS is the 2013 wp8/wp9 flagship? hope it will differentiate from laser , catwalk in terms of specs, features, new technology, lots of innovation.
13. Penny (Posts: 1193; Member since: 04 Feb 2011)
I think the Nokia Laser will be the Lumia 928 released on Verizon by the end of April. The Catwalk and EOS will both be the next gen Lumia flagships, released in July or later. The Catwalk will be the thinner, redesigned Lumia, while the EOS will be the Lumia that brings the high megapixel PureView to Windows Phone. Both flagships but with different focuses.
56. akki20892 (Posts: 3555; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Catwalk was leaked, i guess.
11. jedpatrickdatu (Posts: 150; Member since: 24 Jan 2013)
16GB internal storage? There better be a microSD slot!
15. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 5577; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Guys!! Why everyone thinks that 16GB internal storage is not enough??
How about getting a f***in computer? It has more than 100GB!
19. naveenstuns (Posts: 172; Member since: 19 Feb 2012)
Times have changed..... HD movies require lots of memory space :) :)
21. Timmehor (Posts: 599; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
If you have heaps of movies and music, 16GB can go pretty easily.
24. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 5577; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
16GB on a WP is already enough......
27. Timmehor (Posts: 599; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
Well the apps aren't normally as big as the iOS/Android ones but I got a tonne of music, and that gobbles up space. Wouldn't want to try HD movies, they can be HUGE.
29. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 5577; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Ok, I agree with you.
I forgot that HD movies are HUGE.
Sorry about that, I admit I'm wrong this time.
30. Timmehor (Posts: 599; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
You weren't wrong? Not everyone has HD movies on there phone, i don't really see a reason. I was just giving an example.
32. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1145; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
i wouldnt even put HDmovies to my phone... well atleast 2-3 HDmovies i guess... but will eventually delete it when not needed. its on the pc, why bother putting it on the phone
33. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 5577; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I'm wrong, some people love to watch HD movies on their phone, and that gobbles up the space too, like you said just now. Plus, some people love to download a lot of HD games, music and apps, and that gobbles up more space.
My friend have experienced this problem, every time his phone have a warning of low storage space.
So, I must say that SD card is important.
38. Timmehor (Posts: 599; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
SD Cards are very important for lower/mid priced point phones. If you are purchasing a high end phone, I expect 32 to 64 GB worth of space, so there is no need for an SD card :) ... But it is nice of Samsung for adding an expandable memory in their Galaxy phones, but its also an excuse for them to not make well designed high quality build phones. It's like removable battery/expandable memory or quality premium built phone. Smart.
40. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 5577; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Samsung is smart, Samsung is always smart. Oh, and not all high-end phones have 32 to 64GB internal storage, just like the Xperia Z, it only have 16GB.
59. Timmehor (Posts: 599; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
16 GB is still do-able. It's not that bad, a regular person can easily store less than 16GB of memory.
25. N-fanboy (Posts: 538; Member since: 12 Jan 2013)
Why the f**k is nokia launching a 2012 phone in 2013? So disappointed! Atleast make it 1080 and a quad core :-(
34. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1145; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
wtf.... is it because all flagship phones use quadcore and 1080p? you cant even see individual pixels in 720p or 1080p in normal viewing distance, halved.
43. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Yea wait another 2years till it comes with Android specs™
I thought WP and ios users don't bother about specs!
Till then wait a "Looooooooooooooooong" time®
47. shikroi (Posts: 187; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
Firstly, no matter how hard you tr,y unless you are using a magnifying glass you cant differentiate between 1080p and 720p on a sub 5" device. Secondly, the only reason the lumia would need a quadcore is for taxing apps that don't exist yet. Thirdly this is not lumia 920 successor, it's just another version of the 920 so they wont be going all out on specs. Notice the name 928 and how its similar to the change in the name of the 820 for t-mobile? Nokia probably wont announce a successor until Nokia World.
28. Sterijoana (Posts: 32; Member since: 18 Feb 2013)
You are doing a massive mistake PA! That's 16GB is for ROM(read only memory) not native storage. There is no mention of native storage in Flavio's tweet.
41. ryq24 (Posts: 507; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Nokia should really consider coming out with an android phone. There are still a lot of Nokia loyalist who have switch to android but will switch back in an instance if Nokia have a android phone!!!
44. MistB (Posts: 574; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
It's fair to say quite a few folks using Android are former Nokia/Blackberry loyalists, before IOS and Android the majority of people were using these two brands plus Windows Mobile, although i'd wager the suits were using Windows and BB more whereas everyday people were using Nokia. I've actually no qualms with Nokia and Windows, both are very innovative giants and what they have down the pipeline should be very interesting.
61. potatoesi (Posts: 1; Member since: 28 Apr 2013)
If it doesn't have a sd slot, it will either come in 16G or 32G. You better believe Im getting this phone as soon as It comes out.Windows OS is KING. Its more advanced, smoother ,faster,innovative and its only gonna get better. Grab a windows phone and get hooked.