Tweet confirms September 8th launch for the Motorola DROID BIONIC
0. phoneArena 28 Aug 2011, 14:53 posted on
A tweet from @DROID BIONIC confirms that the long-awaited smartphone will finally be launched on September 8th; now all that is left to be released is the price for the handset, which has a MAP price listed of $299.99...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Thump3rDX17 (Posts: 2160; Member since: 10 May 2010)
the Droid 3 will lock when you put it in your pocket too.
31. narley (Posts: 357; Member since: 14 May 2009)
oh man, between the HTC Vigor and Samsung Prime.... this phone already looks old. haha sorry moto.
2. biophone (Posts: 1877; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
Yyyyyyyeeeeeeesssssss. I cant believe its happening.
5. xmrrushx (Posts: 29; Member since: 07 Aug 2011)
I don't even think most employees at the mobile side of Motorola believe its happening either. I mean they've only been working on it im guessing a little under a year to get it right.
8. biophone (Posts: 1877; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
Its def going to be delayed again. Hahaha
3. NYTEACH (unregistered)
That's one sweet deal. Def going to check this out at Costco
4. GonzoFro (unregistered)
I wonder if the docks require the phone to be out of a case?
6. xmrrushx (Posts: 29; Member since: 07 Aug 2011)
looking at the current docks out for older droids i feel that this is a reality.
7. Sniggly (Posts: 6193; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Sweet. Finally. And only four days before my birthday too! I wonder if I dare ask for this as a present... *truly evil grin*
9. biophone (Posts: 1877; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
Do it man this will be one of the best phones for the best carrier.
14. The_Miz (Posts: 1496; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
It's not everyday that you get to turn 10.
20. Sniggly (Posts: 6193; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Yeah, especially since a ten year old is more mature than you, amirite?
24. ilia1986 (unregistered)
Miz, I assume that in your case, it's the Telescreen..
27. snowgator (Posts: 3015; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
And what flavor do you want your Bionic shaped Ice Cream Cake? :-)
28. Sniggly (Posts: 6193; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Chocolate, of course. I've always loved chocolate. :)
30. snowgator (Posts: 3015; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
In the mail, buddy. Shouldn't take too long from Danville, IL to St. Louis.
11. Ice (unregistered)
Did anyone even bother to read the other tweets from @droidbionic? It's fake. Bad grammar, and in this case it is only reporting what a thousand other sites (including phone arena) have already reported. In the past, it has reported 'official news' about a day after the 'official news' broke. Look at their timeline yourself. That doesn't strike anyone else as odd?
12. FUCKIN LOVE HACKIN PHONEZ (unregistered)
If it doesn't have an unlocked bootloader I'm taking my business elsewhere I tell you huwat....
13. PICKMEeveryone (unregistered)
Bionic will still be over shadowed by the likes of GS2 and it' variant LTE version
15. The_Miz (Posts: 1496; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
Bionic will be overshadowed by the iPhone because let's face the facts, no one on Verizon gives a crap about Android phones with all of the bloat on them.
29. snowgator (Posts: 3015; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
Okay, we know Miz is picking fights. But, come on now. Who really can defend bloatware?? It's my phone, I paid for it. I am fine with it coming with Verizons crap on it. But if I want Verizon's bull-snot off my phone, I should be able to have it dumped off my phone by them when I buy it. Period. End of Story.
34. bluey (unregistered)
The iPhone is too small to overshadow anything. And although the bloat is there, having a ton of options on a phone is a lot better than having almost none. And the phone can always be rooted to free up space.
16. The_Miz (Posts: 1496; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
And I'm sure it'll come with over 30+ preloaded apps all just for their lovely Android fans.
17. iankellogg (Posts: 155; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
man i hate the preloaded apps that come with my sister's iPhone. Notes? who needs that bloatware
23. The_Miz (Posts: 1496; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
Lol, iPhone is vanilla unlike everything Android on Verizon.
35. bluey (unregistered)
Android has "vanilla" phones as well. The Experia Play is one. And who the F really cares if there are extra apps on a phone? ITS CALLED root. There are actually ways to get rid of the bloatware. But Miz you wouldn't know anything about that, it's too complicated for you. That is why you can't use anything more advanced than an iPhone. That phone is meant for people who are simple-minded. Good job feeling proud about that, LOL.
18. Penny (Posts: 899; Member since: 04 Feb 2011)
Costco had a good deal when my brother got the Samsung Droid Charge for Verizon too. It was still $300 at Verizon, he got it for $180 at Costco with their standard package of a generic case, car charger, etc.
19. krammer (Posts: 1; Member since: 28 Aug 2011)
Is this new droid worth monies? I am tired of reading the reviews atleast I would like some feedback please.........
21. Thump3rDX17 (Posts: 2160; Member since: 10 May 2010)
yes. this Droid is worth all your monies if you need a phone ASAP.
25. bionic (unregistered)
According to a vzw rep the bionic is gonna cost $249 and its scheduled to be launch on sept 8.
26. snowgator (Posts: 3015; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
There are three LTE choices without dual core on Verizon. There are a couple of dual core options without LTE on Verizon. The Bionic has LTE on board. Dual core is on board. What is it's rival on Big Red? If it has any battery life at all, this will assume Android flagship and hold it until Sometime in 2012, forget the price.
33. Thump3rDX17 (Posts: 2160; Member since: 10 May 2010)
it will in fact rule all machines with it's diverse specs and great power.
37. Ferrero (unregistered)
Played with the phone today, operated very smoothly and I liked the speed. It is a bit thicker than my Droid X but for an LTE phone I think it's the best looking one in the lineup.
38. Andy Lam (unregistered)
Moto and Verizon confirmed that tweet is fake