Turn your Apple iPhone into a thermometer that does much more than detect a fever
one-touch access to a nurse and lets you upload pictures and videos to your doctor. Push notifications can alert you to outbreaks of the flu or other illnesses throughout your area.
The company's goal is to distribute 10 million Kinsa Smart Thermometers in the next few years in order to create a real time map of health. After an FDA review that will take 90 to 120 days, the company hope to have its Smart Thermometer ready to launch in November or December. On indiegogo, the product has a $75,000 funding target. With 56 days remaining, the thermometer has raised $18,716. In case you were wondering, the thermometer connects at one end to the phone's 3.5mm earphone jack.
source: KinsaSmartThemometer via eWeek
1. amats69 (Posts: 1219; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
well thats useful!..and i think more accurate..
7. amats69 (Posts: 1219; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
oh i get it...it is an apple article so expect more thumbsdown.LOL! im an android fan but i dont see any reason why i should hate apple/ios...
11. joey_sfb (Posts: 3976; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Well, my guess would apple repeated attempts to banned android smartphone from competing.
Just a guess, or maybe their filing of ridiculous amount of nonsensical patents to stop competitions.
If apple would just compete base on innovation like before I would still be their user.
Btw, I think the above device is cool, just make it Bluetooth enable for all smart phone. As we know, apple is sliding down to a much smaller minority.
22. serious9010 (Posts: 254; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
why are you butthurt over something apple did to the competition? srsly dude, it didn't attack you personally did it?... just stop having all these protective feelings for your phone manufacturer, it doesn't even sound healthy ...
24. joey_sfb (Posts: 3976; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Because i value my rights as a consumer, my freedom to choose and competition give more value for my dollar.
Fanism is the opposite of this which i personally don't subscribe. I pay money for a phone or a mobile device to serve me not the other way around.
And, from my posting you know i don't care whether the worlds agree with me or not. Much less an apple fan.
25. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Apple didn't use Bluetooth cause they didn't wanted to pay patent fees, so it saved them maybe another few dollars in there acount! Apple users and fanswere really pisset of, tho they sacrafice them self having a show off device that made them look so posh and trendy™
Apple devices are missing so much feautres, and Steve Jobs was succesful rinsing publics hard earned cash, so they could use it to litigate on others.
How so sad and pathetic™
21. moroninc (Posts: 192; Member since: 14 Jul 2012)
you know whats useful? pregnancy test!... pee on a stick and plug it into your iphone.. maybe i should patent that :P
27. amiaq (Posts: 503; Member since: 30 Jun 2012)
what? people going to stick iphone in their a****?
2. FlushGordon (unregistered)
Are you supposed to insert that thing into your anus to get a more accurate reading?
4. amats69 (Posts: 1219; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
if you enjoy it to be like that. then its your choice! LOL
3. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6975; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
This is a dumb idea. Just get a regular thermometer
6. amats69 (Posts: 1219; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
did you read the article? i think it has a useful features that an ordinary thermometer cant do.
17. Evil.Bunny (Posts: 41; Member since: 29 Feb 2012)
its not the thermometer that does anything, its the app that accompanies it that pulls data about diseases. so basically its a normal thermometer along with a usefull app.
i hope that thing also works without a phone cause im not going to put a thermometer attached to a phone in my mouth.
5. lyndon420 (Posts: 2557; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
For sanitary reasons maybe they should include Bluetooth?
8. dangchitrung (Posts: 65; Member since: 04 Apr 2012)
Do we really need these things to recognize the symptoms?
10. rdemon (Posts: 46; Member since: 23 Aug 2012)
Apple can stick it's thermometer up their ass
12. darkvadervip (Posts: 358; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
And you wonder how dumb folks are! This is a simple article but people show the stupidity and take it to a whole nother level.
13. BiN4RY (Posts: 83; Member since: 22 Jun 2012)
OR you can just spend that money and buy a regular thermometer instead of making yourself looking like an utter retard when you're using it
14. osmaankhaan (unregistered)
Ooh all these years i was wrong!! thinking it was completely utterly useless to buy an iphone.. It can do something useful if u spend $25 additionally from ur hard earned money although I thought the only use of it was to sell it to any soft drink companies they can recycle it and make tin cans out of it..
15. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I suggest Apple to patent this, cuz everybody know Apple's disease! Let me introduce you the new disease, A.S.D (Apple Sue Disease)! :P
18. nerdylish (Posts: 51; Member since: 13 Apr 2013)
I like the way people thumb you down for every lame comment that you post.
19. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I like the way that I ignore people who thumb me down!
That's all! Nobody can take a joke here! This sucks!
20. nerdylish (Posts: 51; Member since: 13 Apr 2013)
Oh, that's sad. Try posting something really, really funny next time. And relevant too. :)
29. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
30. Fuego84 (Posts: 306; Member since: 13 May 2012)
Whats next food thermometer? I think this is nuts, attaching a device that is of medical use to a dirty germ filled phone is not a great idea. Also an illness forecast i think that can stand alone but it's kind sounds like it's for phobiatic people.
31. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
I can buy digital thermometer for $2. Don't need this.