Turn your Apple iPad into a POS device with Square Stand
second and third generation Apple iPad with a version for the fourth generation of Apple's tablet coming later in the year. The Stand swivels and measures just 9 inches while weighing in at 5 pounds. It can be purchased from Square's own website or from retailers like Best Buy and Staples. The Stand works with Square Register, the mobile app that helps convert an iOS or Android device into a POS machine.
Don't be surprised to see the Square Stand when you are paying for your daily cup of Joe at Starbucks. The coffee chain and Square reached a technology sharing agreement last year that covers Starbucks' 7,000 stores nationwide. At the same time, the caffeine pusher will invest $25 million in Square. Apple iPad use is growing rapidly at Square where it now accounts for about 50% of the $15 billion that is rung up through Square every year. That percentage could grow if the Square Stand becomes a big seller.
According to Forrester, mobile payments will hit $90 billion by 2017 while Square faces competition from PayPal and Intuit. Square was founded by Jack Dorsey, who also founded Twitter, and takes a cut from each credit card payment it processes.
1. Droiddoes (unregistered)
I'm confused, I thought every apple product was a POS
12. darkkjedii (Posts: 14708; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
No droiddoesnt it's actually a BST Best Selling Tablet or maybe it's a MPT Most Popular Tablet. Oops it's the NOSTOAT... Number One Selling Tablet Of All Time. And NOICS Number One In Customer Satisfaction. Oh and MCTTBB Most Catered To Tablet By Businesses
20. Droiddoes (unregistered)
LOL got you riled up Jack, just RILED up. Calm down, have a juice box. Tell an adult all about the bad man who made fun of your pwecious widdew appow.
21. darkkjedii (Posts: 14708; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I didn't get riled up. Everything I stated is an absolute fact...nothing fanboy about it. Post #1 indicates being riled up, and guess who's post that is.........droiddoesnts.
22. Droiddoes (unregistered)
LOL ok pal. Any more childish insults to throw around? Hm? What a joke. Is...is this roid rage?
8. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7005; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Hey it is what the iPad is a POS. More green thumbs.
11. darkkjedii (Posts: 14708; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
You sound desperate begging for green thumbs, so I'll hook you up +1
19. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
Im sure most of us read the other meaning
4. KParks23 (Posts: 506; Member since: 13 Oct 2010)
Haha im sure everyone who read the title though the same thing!
5. stealthd (Posts: 1060; Member since: 12 Jun 2011)
Only the people who've never worked a cash register before.
16. lyndon420 (Posts: 2687; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
I immediately saw the humour in it and laughed my frigging arse off. I only worked cash for 3 months.
7. Zero0 (Posts: 592; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
It's much easier to turn a device into a POS by adding Apple Maps, but okay.
9. BackHandLegend (Posts: 80; Member since: 15 Dec 2012)
I can see a lot of businesses do great with this.
10. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1313; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
What if I wanted to pay with real money? You know; cash.
15. grahaman27 (Posts: 359; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
that title is just awesome. great job phonearena!
17. chemhaz (Posts: 160; Member since: 04 May 2012)
When refering to an Android device it means Priceless Operating Sytem
18. jroc74 (Posts: 5271; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
The article writer had to know the POS jokes were coming.....lol.
As for the article.....JC Penny should take advantage of this. They have iPads in certain sections of the store to help shoppers pick out clothes.