Tumblr hosted site focuses on flaws in iOS 7
Don't expect a software update specifically to fix these problems. But you might expect Apple to quietly make some changes over time to correct these minor faults. Even if they do eventually make these corrections, for a company known for paying attention to detail, you have to wonder who fell asleep at the wheel.
Minor flaws found on iOS 7
1. Because of the way the screen is layered, the dates on the Recents screen of FaceTime cannot be read
2. Layering effect looks like mold growing
3. Is airplane mode on or off?
4. Bottom row is not disabled
5. Margins anyone?
6. New List is a label, Edit is the button
source: UXCritique via BusinessInsider
24. frydaexiii (Posts: 1237; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Yeah, but coming from a company that basically implies themselves to be almighty and perfect, iOS 7 is one flawed and imperfect mess...
2. GeekMovement (Posts: 1505; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
"Even if they do eventually make these corrections, for a company known for paying attention to detail, you have to wonder who feel asleep at the wheel."
Thank you, Alan, my point and observation exactly. I do hope Apple will fix these issues quickly.
15. PBXtech (Posts: 980; Member since: 21 Oct 2013)
Looks like the results of being rushed, nothing more. A couple weeks delay could have fixed a wealth of this.
17. GeekMovement (Posts: 1505; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
+1 agree i hope iOS 8 will be solid.
19. Finalflash (Posts: 1811; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
I doubt it since closed testing almost never shows as many bugs as open testing. There is no such thing as perfect code. They just haven't made such a major change in a very long time.
23. PBXtech (Posts: 980; Member since: 21 Oct 2013)
True, but many of these are glaringly obvious. Obvious to the point it makes you wonder how they were missed.
3. ihavenoname (Posts: 1447; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
I love iOS 7 and bugs don't bother me, but I'd prefer not to have them. iOS 7 is great, so I think that Apple is going have great future.
4. Sauce (unregistered)
Seems to be that people don't complain about too many Apple articles unless they are positive articles.
Just an observation lol.
11. Whateverman (Posts: 3225; Member since: 17 May 2009)
Ahhhh...yeah? This article shows Apple makes mistakes too. Why would anyone (except ios7 fans) complain about this article?
14. Sauce (unregistered)
What ever, man. Your bias brain is missing the point.
16. Whateverman (Posts: 3225; Member since: 17 May 2009)
Nope, I get it. But it seems you've missed mine. Apple nor any of the idevices are perfect and is about time someone pointed that out.
21. Sauce (unregistered)
The irony here is that no one claims them to be perfect except the iHaters themselves lol
22. tech2 (Posts: 2212; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Hello0o0o0o0o0o0.............Apple does !
20. Finalflash (Posts: 1811; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
Well because half of the positive news is rehashes of older articles twisted in a new way. Even this is a meh article that really doesn't point anything useful out that we didn't already know.
6. JerryTime (Posts: 468; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
Man are they going to have enough server space to list all that? ;)
And I thought Android was the only buggy laggy mobile OS. Boy was I wrong.
8. yoitsjustin (Posts: 6; Member since: 04 Nov 2013)
Please, please tell me you are joking. Android 4.4 Kit Kat needs only 0.5 ghz to operate, while iOS 7 requires about 1 ghz to run smoothly. If you know anything about phones, you would know that UIs make Android laggy, not Android itself. For example, Touchwiz by Samsung layers over Android, which slows it down greatly. I have a Stock Android 4.4 Kit Kat Galaxy S4 and I have no issues or bugs whatsoever. When there are bugs on Cyanogenmod, they are updated each day, yes each day, known as Nightlies.
25. JerryTime (Posts: 468; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
Good lord am i going to have to start #sarcasm into my posts?Clearly it is lost on most of the people on this site....
I'm a proud Android user. I just bought a new G Pad like 2 days ago, it was a joke. SMH
7. robinlim85 (Posts: 85; Member since: 03 May 2013)
try do a tumblr profile for touchwiz or any other android variant flaws
have a race for who has the longest list of flaw
9. yoitsjustin (Posts: 6; Member since: 04 Nov 2013)
Try that with stock Android, i.e Cyanogenmod, which have nearly zero flaws.
10. Ninetysix (Posts: 1661; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
I sure hope you're not serious.
I also flashed a 4.4 rom on my S4 but had to flash back to 4.3 because of the exchange bug/calendar bug.
18. casualavi (Posts: 48; Member since: 02 Oct 2013)
That is what happens when you flash an unofficial ROM.. wait for the stable nightlies or even better, M Snapshots or RC ones..
12. Whateverman (Posts: 3225; Member since: 17 May 2009)
These flaws don't seem to be all that bad. I sure they're easily fixed.
13. androiphone20 (Posts: 1474; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
My guess is you just rushed to lay out your comment cuz those problems are way too many