Tumblr backing away from Yahoo? Microsoft and Facebook are waiting in the wings
0. phoneArena 19 May 2013, 02:02 posted on
With Yahoo's board meeting later today to discuss buying hosting site Tumblr for $1.1 billion, sources with knowledge of what both sides are thinking are saying that Tumblr is beginning to get "cold feet" about the acquisition; Tumblr executives are believed to be wondering whether the price is too low even though a recent funding was done at an $800 million valuation...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
If she doesn't have a lockup provision for the deal, Marissa doesn't know how to shop....
2. tigermcm (Posts: 849; Member since: 02 Sep 2009)
um isnt tumblr like a picture site? why is facebook interested in another picture site???
3. pongkie (Posts: 526; Member since: 20 Aug 2011)
back away tumblr companies monetizing on the site will only turn users away. btw what porn problem? internet is made of porn.
4. vvelez5 (Posts: 623; Member since: 29 Jan 2011)
not a tumblr guy and will never be but I know it's very popular and I'm OK if Microsoft buys it because my stock will go up.
5. kissily (Posts: 53; Member since: 09 Oct 2012)
Hope Yahoo handles Tumblr well if they really do purchase it.