Tuesday's News Bits
This article contains unofficial information.
- Images reveal an Alltel-branded BlackBerry Tour! So, having been announced by Verizon and Sprint, can we presume this incredibly cool BlackBerry is coming to Alltel as well we wonder. Your guess is better than ours.
- T-Mobile has released the Green Perks app. What it does is, basically, send you offers and promotion about various green-oriented products. Then you receive electronic coupons granting you a discount at the store.
- NVIDIA’s mobile chipset, Tegra, is expected to make a debut in Q4 2009. According to the company’s general manager of the mobile unit, Mike Rayfield, the device should be available in a phone from one of the top five mobile manufacturers.
- Spain’s first Android smartphone has been revealed. The company GeeksPhone has unveiled a phone, called One, which will be running Android 1.5 and looks every bit like the Samsung OMNIA. Hey, who cares? Well, GeeksPhone sure doesn’t. So, the handset is expected to launch this fall at an estimated unsubsidized price of $352 to $422 (€250 to €300).
- Doom Resurrection for the iPhone is released. The first-person shooter seems to boast advanced graphics and gameplay experience, just like its PC predecessor, Doom III. The game is available for purchase at a price of $9.99.
1. trentsinmypants (Posts: 313; Member since: 29 Jan 2009)
ooooh watch out phonearena.....the a-holes of this website are going to come out of the woodworks to bitch and moan that you guys posted about the new DOOM iPhone app.....me personally; thanks for posting about that. I would have missed it! :D
9. behold--me (Posts: 650; Member since: 22 Jun 2009)
wow look who is bitchin and moaning about random crap now....... ya thats not hypocritical at all
12. trentsinmypants (Posts: 313; Member since: 29 Jan 2009)
/sarcasm guess you missed that -.-
13. legionsreturn (unregistered)
Really? Seems like it bothers you and you are moaning about it. Very Hypocritical. I wonder, does phonearena intend to inform us EVERYTIME an app is released?
2. ace1122 (Posts: 237; Member since: 23 Mar 2009)
Why does Alltel continue to get new phones? What is Verizon doing with them? I think verizon needs to just man up and convert all alltel customers to verizon already.
3. trentsinmypants (Posts: 313; Member since: 29 Jan 2009)
Think of it this way.....Verizon lets Alltel run by itself (for the most part) and allows it to gain new phones. All the while getting new customers which will, in the end, be Verizon customers. The only difference is that VZW doesnt have to pay the costs for those employees at Alltel. Its a good idea if you ask me.....
5. MBV (Posts: 2; Member since: 19 May 2009)
It is but Alltel is approving almost everybody since earlier this year, which in the end will create tons of chargeback and headaches that VZW will have to deal with in the end.
6. ace1122 (Posts: 237; Member since: 23 Mar 2009)
I see what you mean but doesn't everyone who is going with Alltel realize they will soon just be part of Verizon so wouldn't they just join Verizon is there wasn't Alltel anymore?
8. behold--me (Posts: 650; Member since: 22 Jun 2009)
good point, vz already bought out altell so why not convert them to vz? dammit just makin things more complicated
14. BlackberryUser (Posts: 609; Member since: 26 Jun 2009)
Customers may like the plans that Alltel offers better than the plans Verizon does. I believe you can get 20 My Circle with Alltel and Verizon only offers 10. Also, I'm fairly sure the stipulations of the merger haven't beenn met 100% yet either and so how does it hurt Verizon to continue marketing Alltel? They are just building their investment into a bigger company and addinng subscribers to their overall network.
4. BlackberryUser (Posts: 609; Member since: 26 Jun 2009)
As long as Alltel is still around, it makes sense for Verizon to continue marketing the company name and adding new phones. A customer joining Alltel is still a new customer for Verizon and it takes one more customer away from the competition. I'm sure they'll convert everyone over to Verizon after all the stipulations of their merger have been met.
10. behold--me (Posts: 650; Member since: 22 Jun 2009)
80 million for vz wel how many more for altell?
11. behold--me (Posts: 650; Member since: 22 Jun 2009)
thats a pretty good price for an android smartphone not bad :) and what the hell kinda name for a company is GeeksPhone? and copying the omnia much?