Truphone launches low-cost option for BlackBerry phones
When one dials an international extension, Truphone detects the number and offers the option of connecting via its program. Once the user chooses to do so, Truphone dials into a local server, and from there, it calls the international number and merges it with the local call, thus using your local minutes. Of course, you do have to pay Truphone per minute as well, but it is significantly cheaper than a carrier's international calling prices.
The software is available for download at Truphone's website, or at Handango's online store.
source: Truphone via SlashPhone
1. (unregistered) posted on 20 Oct 2010, 01:42 0 0
i dont call overseas but thats sick
2. primewax (unregistered) posted on 29 Oct 2008, 11:23 0 0
I wish I could tell customers about this, but alas, I doubt VZW would be happ about that...lol
4. (unregistered) posted on 29 Oct 2008, 15:23 0 0
you should just tell them. I work for VZW and I will probably tell people. You don't want to actively promote it but if someone asks....
6. (unregistered) posted on 29 Oct 2008, 15:27 0 0
Well its not like its a big secret either, use it as a sales tool and as long as it works, they shouldn't care.
7. (unregistered) posted on 29 Oct 2008, 16:49 0 0
I work for VZW too, and I know Im going to start telling customers about this...lol
8. some guy (unregistered) posted on 29 Oct 2008, 18:54 0 0
if it comes down to selling a BB with the required unlim data or not, big red would be much obliged that you bring this up, ask your local DSC if you doubt me :)
9. cubsguy818 (unregistered) posted on 29 Oct 2008, 19:55 0 0
i work for sprint and im gonna tell everyone haha
14. (unregistered) posted on 31 Oct 2008, 23:31 0 0
read carfully u still pay for long distance and u need to pa per min to truphone . double charge wow
5. (unregistered) posted on 29 Oct 2008, 15:26 0 0
Why are always these cool features for blackberry, but i'm not cool enough to need them :(
10. (unregistered) posted on 29 Oct 2008, 21:53 0 0
LOL @ #5
11. (unregistered) posted on 29 Oct 2008, 21:53 0 0
how much do you think it is per minute to tru phone
12. (unregistered) posted on 30 Oct 2008, 16:33 0 0
Verizon Corporate Employees In The West Area..... Are there other websites that we can access besides Phone Arena and Phone Scoop? Thank You.
13. (unregistered) posted on 31 Oct 2008, 07:08 0 0
nice program but CDMA Nokia's have had this for a long time now, it's called the calling card feature, where u just edit a calling card info in the phone n make calls through that. and looking at the rates you're better off using a calling card...