Trip to FCC by LG Optimus Vu outs handset's ultimate designation: Verizon
0. phoneArena 28 Jun 2012, 13:33 posted on
A handset that appears to be the LG Optimus Vu visited the FCC and documentation from the visit shows the Verizon 4G LTE logo; since the carrier failed to get the Samsung GALAXY Note, its customers wanting a large screen will be happy to hear about LG Optimus Vu...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Whateverman (Posts: 3235; Member since: 17 May 2009)
Gotta love VZW. We ask for a Note, and they give us a Vu!
When is my contract up?
3. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Fail, I need the extra 0.30". If that's the case I'll go with the GSIII; I played with T-Mobile's iteration yesterday and got a serious böner'. LG just hasn't proved itself on the same level (yet).
Damn Verizon, give us a Note already.
4. medicci37 (Posts: 869; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
Another stupid decision by Verizon. The Note (which will have been out 4 almost a year by the time the Vu is released) looks to be much better than this POS. The Vu is more comparable 2 the Dell Streak in my opinion.
5. bbdol (Posts: 16; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
5 inch screen with an Qualcomm 1.5Ghz S3 and a 2080mAh battery? Now that's trouble.
9. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5665; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
you don't know it's an S3, this could very well have an S4.
11. Commentator (Posts: 2642; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
The original had an S3, so it would stand to reason that this model will as well. Maybe LG will surprise us though.
6. jsd0108 (Posts: 19; Member since: 11 Mar 2010)
Verizon is all about 4G LTE right now so why would they release the Note which is a 3G product? It makes perfect sense from Verizon's point-of-view.
Maybe the Note 2....
12. Commentator (Posts: 2642; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
AT&T's had an LTE Note for several months now. A watered-down, laggy S3-powered Note, but a Note nonetheless.
13. pandakilla (Posts: 5; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
but you have to remember Verizons 4G LTE is a lot faster than any other 4G out there, and it has way better coverage than AT&T
14. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5665; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
for the moment Verizon just has the largest and most reliable LTE network out there. AT&T has a slight advantage in speed right now.
15. pandakilla (Posts: 5; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
Only on the 3G network not on the 4G LTE...It has already been proven that Verizon is fater on the 4G side but when it comes to the 3G speeds AT&T takes it
16. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5665; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
...what are you talking about? xD
Verizon has the best 3G and 4G LTE network coverage and the LTE is no slouch in speed either, it can easily trade blows with AT&T's LTE network but the reality of it right now is that AT&T's is generally faster but not by much.
AT&T has the faster 3G network being GSM based and also the faster 4G LTE network FOR NOW. AT&T's LTE will start slowing down when the network gain more users.
18. pandakilla (Posts: 5; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
my bad your right....I was looking at laptop speeds lol
19. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5665; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
oh lol, i've never taken a look at the laptop speeds myself. xD
8. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
I hate the UI overlays of both Samsung and LG. I have to put a launcher over my S2 because they have to make stock Android look so damn crappy. I wish that the manufacturers would just start using stock Android.
10. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5665; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
the Note has no business on Verizon at this point. this would be more compelling at this point being that it probably has an S4 and LG's new Optimus UI 3.0 vs. TW4 (which may i remind you barely changed from the way it was a year ago even after being run on top of ICS.) we'll just have this now and the Note 2 later. they delivered on the SIII didn't they? they know what the people want but they're not going to make stupid moves just to satisfy a few impatient fan-boys.
23. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5665; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
eh, nvm. the Vu is trash. just saw the Review for it. my statement about the Note still stands though. wait for the friggin' Note 2.
20. rockstarlive (Posts: 307; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Now I'm confused what Verizon is trying to get. Optimus LTE 2 now the Vu.
21. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5665; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
maybe both. Verizon's been pretty tight with LG for a while.
22. rockstarlive (Posts: 307; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Obviously red is trying to get the best LG has.
24. u-suck-more (Posts: 529; Member since: 26 Aug 2011)
if it comes, it comes. if it doesnt, it doesnt. if you like and want it, get it. if you dont like it and dont want it, dont get it. simple as that lol. no need to complain about the phone