Trip to FCC by LG Optimus Vu outs handset's ultimate designation: Verizon
0. phoneArena posted on 28 Jun 2012, 13:33
A handset that appears to be the LG Optimus Vu visited the FCC and documentation from the visit shows the Verizon 4G LTE logo; since the carrier failed to get the Samsung GALAXY Note, its customers wanting a large screen will be happy to hear about LG Optimus Vu...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Whateverman posted on 28 Jun 2012, 14:03 3 3
Gotta love VZW. We ask for a Note, and they give us a Vu!
When is my contract up?
3. PAPINYC (limited) posted on 28 Jun 2012, 14:18 2 2
Fail, I need the extra 0.30". If that's the case I'll go with the GSIII; I played with T-Mobile's iteration yesterday and got a serious böner'. LG just hasn't proved itself on the same level (yet).
Damn Verizon, give us a Note already.
4. medicci37 posted on 28 Jun 2012, 14:52 2 1
Another stupid decision by Verizon. The Note (which will have been out 4 almost a year by the time the Vu is released) looks to be much better than this POS. The Vu is more comparable 2 the Dell Streak in my opinion.
5. bbdol posted on 28 Jun 2012, 15:04 1 1
5 inch screen with an Qualcomm 1.5Ghz S3 and a 2080mAh battery? Now that's trouble.
9. KingKurogiii posted on 28 Jun 2012, 16:32 0 0
you don't know it's an S3, this could very well have an S4.
11. Commentator posted on 28 Jun 2012, 17:22 1 0
The original had an S3, so it would stand to reason that this model will as well. Maybe LG will surprise us though.
6. jsd0108 posted on 28 Jun 2012, 15:09 1 2
Verizon is all about 4G LTE right now so why would they release the Note which is a 3G product? It makes perfect sense from Verizon's point-of-view.
Maybe the Note 2....
12. Commentator posted on 28 Jun 2012, 17:23 0 0
AT&T's had an LTE Note for several months now. A watered-down, laggy S3-powered Note, but a Note nonetheless.
13. pandakilla posted on 28 Jun 2012, 18:14 0 0
but you have to remember Verizons 4G LTE is a lot faster than any other 4G out there, and it has way better coverage than AT&T
14. KingKurogiii posted on 28 Jun 2012, 18:21 0 0
for the moment Verizon just has the largest and most reliable LTE network out there. AT&T has a slight advantage in speed right now.
15. pandakilla posted on 28 Jun 2012, 18:22 0 0
Only on the 3G network not on the 4G LTE...It has already been proven that Verizon is fater on the 4G side but when it comes to the 3G speeds AT&T takes it
16. KingKurogiii posted on 28 Jun 2012, 18:56 0 0
...what are you talking about? xD
Verizon has the best 3G and 4G LTE network coverage and the LTE is no slouch in speed either, it can easily trade blows with AT&T's LTE network but the reality of it right now is that AT&T's is generally faster but not by much.
AT&T has the faster 3G network being GSM based and also the faster 4G LTE network FOR NOW. AT&T's LTE will start slowing down when the network gain more users.
18. pandakilla posted on 28 Jun 2012, 18:59 1 0
my bad your right....I was looking at laptop speeds lol
19. KingKurogiii posted on 28 Jun 2012, 19:11 0 0
oh lol, i've never taken a look at the laptop speeds myself. xD
8. Non_Sequitur posted on 28 Jun 2012, 16:30 2 0
I hate the UI overlays of both Samsung and LG. I have to put a launcher over my S2 because they have to make stock Android look so damn crappy. I wish that the manufacturers would just start using stock Android.
10. KingKurogiii posted on 28 Jun 2012, 16:38 2 1
the Note has no business on Verizon at this point. this would be more compelling at this point being that it probably has an S4 and LG's new Optimus UI 3.0 vs. TW4 (which may i remind you barely changed from the way it was a year ago even after being run on top of ICS.) we'll just have this now and the Note 2 later. they delivered on the SIII didn't they? they know what the people want but they're not going to make stupid moves just to satisfy a few impatient fan-boys.
23. KingKurogiii posted on 29 Jun 2012, 01:52 1 1
eh, nvm. the Vu is trash. just saw the Review for it. my statement about the Note still stands though. wait for the friggin' Note 2.
20. rockstarlive posted on 28 Jun 2012, 19:20 0 0
Now I'm confused what Verizon is trying to get. Optimus LTE 2 now the Vu.
21. KingKurogiii posted on 28 Jun 2012, 19:42 1 0
maybe both. Verizon's been pretty tight with LG for a while.
22. rockstarlive posted on 28 Jun 2012, 23:33 0 0
Obviously red is trying to get the best LG has.
24. u-suck-more posted on 29 Jun 2012, 08:57 1 1
if it comes, it comes. if it doesnt, it doesnt. if you like and want it, get it. if you dont like it and dont want it, dont get it. simple as that lol. no need to complain about the phone