Trinity kernel brings overclocking and better battery to Galaxy Nexus
0. phoneArena posted on 26 Jan 2012, 22:18
No matter how good your device's battery life may be, it can always be better, and allow you to play more games or watch more video, or even some of those less battery intensive things like checking e-mail...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. sgogeta4 posted on 26 Jan 2012, 23:25 0 0
Are there any sources that compare how custom ROMs and kernels fare to each other? I know each phone is slightly different, but a single review comparison on the same model would go a long way to help prospective users in adopting new ROMs and kernels.
4. belovedson posted on 27 Jan 2012, 02:10 0 0
every phone has different temperaments. you just have to test and see.
2. TreyTreyTaylor posted on 27 Jan 2012, 00:08 0 0
I've been rocking out with with franco's kernels on Codename Droid for my nexus but I'm all for better battery life
3. sgogeta4 posted on 27 Jan 2012, 01:01 0 0
Also testing Codename, have you tried Lean Kernel? I haven't had time to try the other kernels.
7. iamcc posted on 27 Jan 2012, 07:04 0 0
I have tried all sorts of rom kernel combos and the best for me so far is AOKP with Franco's. Yesterday I got 16 hours with 2 hours screen on with the standard battery.
If you haven't tried AOKP by roman I highly recommend it. I was all about CNA until I gave this a whirl and I haven't looked back since.
5. TreyTreyTaylor posted on 27 Jan 2012, 03:20 0 0
Nope francos is the only one I've tried. Its been pretty good but I'm gonna try this out for a couples days.
6. ayephoner posted on 27 Jan 2012, 06:12 0 0
MT. i need to unlock, root and flash. been telling myself i'd get around to it since launch day and never have.
9. iamcc posted on 27 Jan 2012, 10:58 0 0
Dude it's so worth it. I have my processor slightly undervolted and underclocked and I still get the same performance as before but I'm averaging 14-18 hours of battery life... it's amazing.
10. sgogeta4 posted on 27 Jan 2012, 17:26 0 0
Search Wugfresh's one click unlock/unroot tool. Easy as pie.
8. McLTE posted on 27 Jan 2012, 09:43 0 0
I may have to try this one too.. right now I'm rocking the Gummy ROM with Franco's kernel. The great thing about Franco is that the app you can get from the Market allows you to VERY easily OC or undervolt.
How is undervolting accomplished with Trinity?