Treo 800w coming to Sprint July 13th

0. phoneArena 22 Jun 2008, 20:55 posted on

The Blackberry Curve will also add red to its color palate that day...

1. VZW Employee (unregistered)

Man another Treo phone... After having a Treo 700wx and a 755p I'm not a big fan of treo anymore. I have had such a bad experience with both phones and also seen other people having bad issues with Treo's that I believe is one of the most unreliable PDA out there.

posted on 23 Jun 2008, 19:46

blackberry gots a lock on the game... so samsung motorola and oh yea palm/treo can be the quote un quote "compitetion" windows eh' so whos got the most reliable platform,, blacberry thunder... touch that... eh em...

posted on 24 Jun 2008, 07:58

The only reason anyone needs a treo is a real estate agents who dont want to carry around an ekey

posted on 16 Jul 2008, 20:13

10. lizahouse47 (unregistered)

will the treo 800w work to unlock key boxes for real estate

posted on 16 Jul 2008, 20:54

11. sit2k (unregistered)

check with supraekey site for compatability. i use the xv6800 for lock boxes. i would love to use the i760 instead but no irda makes it difficult

posted on 24 Jun 2008, 10:54

WHats up with the weird color? what kind of customer are they going after? I heard Verizon's will be metallic teal (out in september) ... yuck!

posted on 30 Jun 2008, 23:20

Under the release date section of the chart above: What does "BP" mean? Available 7/9/08 at BP and 7/13/08 in all other channels

posted on 11 Jul 2008, 12:03

I was wondering the same thing. My best guess is "Business Partners", but it's only a guess. Any body out there know for sure?

posted on 06 Jul 2008, 09:03

Treo is still the solid PDA in the market. Looks are a matter of opinion, and I would put this up agains a Blackberry any day (I have used both Blackberry's and Treos). It looks practically the same short of the color. Plus, you don't get raped for the $30 a month Blackberry fee. You can get any type email, any time, for the same data price (no price difference between personal email and enterprise email). I agree that Palm could have taken the updating of this phone much further than it has, but it is a great release of a Treo nonetheless.

posted on 07 Jul 2008, 23:42

What is the $30 a month Blackberry fee???

posted on 08 Jul 2008, 21:18

There's an additional data plan for the Blackberry devices. You can either pay per KB or pay $30/mo for unlimited data. This is separate from any data plan offered by your carrier (Sprint, Verizon, Cingular, etc.), and must be paid even if you have unlimited data from your carrier.

posted on 26 Jul 2008, 12:25

Yeah, that Blackberry fee is ridiculous and has kept me from buying a Blackberry on Sprint. Why pay $30 dollars to get email or $40 to get sync with BES.