Transformer Prime owners to get a free GPS dongle from Asus
0. phoneArena 06 Apr 2012, 12:57 posted on
A user over at XDA leaked an email conversion between a Transformer Prime owner and an Asus Jr. Technical Product Manager. According to the exchange, Asus is planning on sending GPS dongles out to all...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
no, it's just the iPhones that have all of the signal issues. ;)
11. sorcio46 (Posts: 435; Member since: 27 Jul 2011)
Cause iPad WiFi hasn't the GPS as ALL the Android tablets wifi Only !
Apple means lack for features for more money in their pokets :P
12. rf1975 (Posts: 254; Member since: 01 Aug 2011)
No. But they will give you external WiFi adapter with new iPad very soon.
3. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i'm more interested in something that'll improve it's Wi-Fi signal strength. >>
6. downphoenix (Posts: 3155; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
no kidding, that's about 1000x more important.
4. fsahin (Posts: 46; Member since: 17 Mar 2012)
I can't imagine how do they release such high end products without testing!
7. imkyle (Posts: 1071; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
I'm sure Asus wanted to be the first tablet with the Quad Core processor.. Can't blame them for rushing tho, but the WiFi issue is non excusable.
8. pooked (Posts: 56; Member since: 27 Jan 2012)
One of the 2 reason i didnt get this tablet :(. such a shame!! really its a shame!
9. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
BEAVIS: You said DONGLE!! Hee...hee..hee
13. chong (Posts: 3; Member since: 07 Apr 2012)
Hi, I stay at Malaysia and intend to purchase it, but seen that is the GPS issue problem soon I carry on or not. How about WiFi ? Please advice.....
14. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
hi i am Malaysian too .
The 1st batch of prime comes with honeycomb and is plagued with wifi and GPS issue .
2nd batch comes with ics
GPS wasnt really an issue as I never really use GPS on my tab (wifi only ipads dont have GPS anyways)
+ new ipad is also plagued with wifi problem
15. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
i suggest you wait for the 3rd batch which is called TF700 infinity as i comes with a full HD screen and is clocked at 1.6ghz (faster)
small kampong boy from klang
16. chong (Posts: 3; Member since: 07 Apr 2012)
Thanks a lot your suggestion, seen that I had to wait for 3rd generation. when the tab will release.