Tough Nexus 5 Bumper Case now available from Google Play Store
The dimensions of the Bumper Case are 142 mm x 74 mm x 10 mm and it weighs in at 19 grams. Last year's rubber bumper for the Nexus 4 was more of a loose fitting accessory. This year's Bumper Case for the Nexus 5 is more of a snug fit, allow it to offer solid protection. Google says about the accessory, "With a hard outer shell and soft rubber lining the premium Bumper Case absorbs shocks while protecting your phone. According to the Google Play Store, the Bumper Case is not yet available, but will be coming soon.
Bumper Case for the Nexus 5
source: Nexus5BumperCase via Pocketlint
1. darkkjedii (Posts: 11063; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Gorgeous!!! Beautiful simplistic design.
4. darkkjedii (Posts: 11063; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
No, I've been checking the prices on Craigslist though. I'm considering a 16 gig white. I think their nice devices. Do you have one, if so how do you like it?
11. oNEWorld (Posts: 140; Member since: 01 Aug 2013)
No I wish I had one but I'm sticking with my nexus 4 for another month or so. Battery life is what's holding me back from getting one. Why can it have battery capacity like the LG G2 smh
15. darkkjedii (Posts: 11063; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I haven't heard much about the battery life. I'm the "as long as it gets me thru the day I'm cool" type of guy
17. oNEWorld (Posts: 140; Member since: 01 Aug 2013)
I'm the wish every phone had battery life like RAZR maxx type of guy, but that's just hopeful thinking lol
21. darkkjedii (Posts: 11063; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Lol yeah that is hopeful thinking, that phones got juice. +1
2. bradley8795 (Posts: 30; Member since: 19 Nov 2013)
How on earth does this make sense? - "In other words, a hole is cut out on the case to allow the charger cable to fit through a hole on the accessory allowing you to protect your phone while recharging the cell." The charger works seamlessly because you just put the phone on the charger and do not need to remove the case, and it protects because....well it is a case. It has nothing to do with a hole in the case or a wire running through it......unless I am just crazy and don't understand.
7. andynaija (Posts: 457; Member since: 08 Sep 2012)
You're not crazy. I know what you mean I don't know why you would use a cable and wireless charger at the same time.
8. andynaija (Posts: 457; Member since: 08 Sep 2012)
"the Nexus 5 Bumper Case works seamlessly with the Nexus Wireless Charger so you can charge and go." In other words, a hole is cut out on the case to allow the charger cable to fit through a hole on the accessory allowing you to protect your phone while recharging the cell.
Alan this phrase does not make any sense.
10. Mxyzptlk (limited) (Posts: 3510; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
What a ripoff. That's too expensive. You can get SGP cases for about $15 off amazon. Google overcharges on accessories once again.
Otterbox sells Commuter cases that offer more protection than that for the same price.
22. d_droid (Posts: 10; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Same could be said of every Apple accessory ever.
12. iqjumpuw (Posts: 21; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
I was able to order this when the phone first came out. It was very weird... As soon as I placed the order, they were no longer available for some reason. I've had the case this whole time and I can honestly say it's not worth the money. It's too expensive. There's nothing wrong with it but there's nothing special. You can get better cases for less money.
16. HTCOE (Posts: 467; Member since: 20 Nov 2011)
i ended up purchasing a spigen case but would have wished for a lifeproof case but they have no plans on making one
18. jaypenkacik (Posts: 2; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
I got the Spigen hybrid case with the clear back. That way I could still the white Nexus back. Good protection to. Would love the OEM, but this is a good substitute.
19. Cgood311 (Posts: 3; Member since: 19 Dec 2012)
odd they dont have a white one? Why would they offer a white phone with no white case? I got the white Nexus5 for a reason I dont want to turn it black/red/gray/yellow now.....or did i miss it.
20. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 2599; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Case is good $ 35 is li'l bit costly.