source: labs.moto.com via The iPhone Blog
Touchscreen test shows iPhone superior over Nexus One, DROID, and others
source: labs.moto.com via The iPhone Blog
1. baldilocks (Posts: 705; Member since: 14 Dec 2008)
Just confirms what us iPhone users already know. Keep trying competition, you are bound to get it right one of these days. ;)
2. clevername (Posts: 1436; Member since: 11 Jul 2008)
So true. One day. On day. Someone will make a phone that's better in all areas, instead of just a few. And then apple will make them work again after the following July when they release a better iPhone.
4. Legacystar (Posts: 131; Member since: 31 Dec 2009)
Hey iphone wins one contect over droid so let's look at the list Screen resolution- droid Screen size- droid Screen durability- droid Screen sensativity- iphone Multi-tasking- droid Customization- droid Call quality- droid Camera-droid You are right iphone is superior its winning first in all catagories.
10. Legacystar (Posts: 131; Member since: 31 Dec 2009)
Well I think that's more of an oppinion rather then hard fact
12. vzw fanman (Posts: 1974; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
works fine for me! especially since i have a physical qwerty. i still wouldn't use an iphone, the screen resolution sucks!
17. Legacystar (Posts: 131; Member since: 31 Dec 2009)
there is a whole new word for the resolution on the iphone and it's worse then "sucks" lol
23. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
" and the droid has alot of wavy artifacts, which could make the onscreen keyboard hard to use" wait.. USE THE HARDWARE KEYBOARD... lol its the only one they tested that has a HARDWARE keybard so that accuracy point is null and void. it could also be a dozen things higher resolution so theres more "auto correction" by the device. slight variations in his finger movement on a MORE sensitive screen would cause waviness.. and the slower u go the more noticable it is. i just did it on my cliq. at a decent speed the lines are perfectly straight. if you slow down, then the lines get wavy. it probably has more to do with trying to place the line in the middle of the heat pickup on the screen than a bad screen. who knows, either way, Android FTW :)
24. Legacystar (Posts: 131; Member since: 31 Dec 2009)
a more accurate test would have been using a stylus that works on a capacitive screen.
30. rhomaion (Posts: 187; Member since: 23 Sep 2009)
iPhone is winning because droid sucks and sales prove it. It's on the biggest network and yet it can't even compare to iPhone sales. No I don't own an iPhone and I've NEVER had AT&T service.
36. Legacystar (Posts: 131; Member since: 31 Dec 2009)
1.2 million handsets sold in 1 quarter is damn impressive. and before you go quoting hte iphone sales numbers remember droid sales are US ONLY while iphone in worldwide sales.
42. JackFace (Posts: 190; Member since: 03 Nov 2009)
Legacy: You are the whore of this article. Half the posts on here are yours...lol
44. Legacystar (Posts: 131; Member since: 31 Dec 2009)
im bored but no worries i'm leaving the house soon lol.....wait maybe i'll post from my phone haha
49. Striker13084 (Posts: 128; Member since: 30 Mar 2009)
I wonder if the droid was pluged into a wall outlet. I have found that this causes it to step, while unplugged it works wonderfully.
50. Striker13084 (Posts: 128; Member since: 30 Mar 2009)
Because most people with a at&t want the iPhone. Most with VZW want a good network. Most people who have an iPhone want a droid on VZW but still have a AT&T contract. There are many reasons your statment is like a colander, it's full of holes.
56. rhomaion (Posts: 187; Member since: 23 Sep 2009)
Really? Because I remember that htc still sells phones outside the u.s. and they never make it to the u.s. because they simply aren't worth it for the company to try and sell them anywhere else. And the Droid was made by Motorola not HTC. The Droid Eris was made by HTC however.
77. rwolf1984 (Posts: 529; Member since: 06 Jun 2009)
WTF? The Motorola Droid is sold outside of the USA it is also known at the Milestone. . . iPhone marketshare is superior to Android. . .as much as i like android the next iPhone will blow it away. . .plus the next windows phone will kick android in the balls.
79. Legacystar (Posts: 131; Member since: 31 Dec 2009)
sales numbers of 1.2 million wasn't counting the milestone.
83. theGodpapa (Posts: 181; Member since: 15 Dec 2009)
You dont have a clue do you? Seriously, you might as well go delete your account and start all over, because your lack of any common sense cell phone knowledge has been exposed here.
84. theGodpapa (Posts: 181; Member since: 15 Dec 2009)
yes sales numbers of 1.3 million handsets CONTRACTED were reported by Big Red for the quarter, and that is strictly US numbers and also strictly Moto Droid !!! I phone actually in the states is getting its over rated ass kicked right now, and the word is out that there is a new sheriff in town.
86. vzwtechbill (Posts: 175; Member since: 16 Mar 2009)
I wouldn't want an Iphone, you have to be married to Itunes and joined at Apple's hip for eternity...
88. Mateo8326 (Posts: 472; Member since: 15 Jul 2009)
who cares about useless apps if your getting paid for them WhoopWhoop. (apple app developer here) ;)
89. Mateo8326 (Posts: 472; Member since: 15 Jul 2009)
No body really cares about the resolution that like saying....your not gonna play a ps3 b/c you don't have a HD Tv. Resolution is nice but it don't make the phone.
90. Mateo8326 (Posts: 472; Member since: 15 Jul 2009)
your right! i don't think droid sucks i think it comes after the iphone though. If droid would of attracted the right people maybe their sales would of been higher. Droid attracts only consumers who kept up with the Os and there product, as far as the iphone there are 10 years old with the iphone. I don't see a 10year old with a droid device, feel me.
91. Mateo8326 (Posts: 472; Member since: 15 Jul 2009)
Legacystar.....the money is worldwide sales not the US only. But your absolutely right though
92. Mateo8326 (Posts: 472; Member since: 15 Jul 2009)
That's a lie who told you that people with an iphone want a droid you crazy lol...nice try though. No 10year kid wants a droid but will grab a iphone in a instant. And i don't no what is better more 3g coverage like verizon or a faster 3g network like ATT hmmmmm
93. Legacystar (Posts: 131; Member since: 31 Dec 2009)
cause 10 year olds want a toy which is what the iphone is. people tha tuse there phone for more then games....like work, choose blackberry or android.
94. *HOVA* (Posts: 564; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
I've never seen so many fucking idiots in one article... New record.
3. cooter1979 (Posts: 34; Member since: 28 Apr 2009)
Good thing I dont use my phone to draw. Maybe they should have a video recording contest. Something thats more relevant. As for the virtual keyboard, I'll just opt to use the physical keyboard.
13. vzw fanman (Posts: 1974; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
i just used the program "draw." drawing it slow makes lines wavy a little, but doing it faster makes a straght line just fine...to me, the droid seems very accurate. iphone is out of date junk.
6. omarc26 (Posts: 360; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
sometimes i wonder if most of the people that work for phone arena work for apple or at&t cause i dont know if any of u have noticed but i know i have ... phone arena ALWAYS puts the iphone like if its the best phone in the whole planet when they compare it to other phones they aLways end up saying that the iphone is better than any other phone in the market...
19. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
yea, there are many ibots in phone arena, but this lil blurb was a test done by motorola, not phone arena... of course, you right.. anything to make the iphone look good and relevant..lol
81. Cali_E (Posts: 196; Member since: 24 Sep 2008)
Dude if u don't remember not to long ago everyone was making fun me them and calling them iphonearena cause they're so god damn bias. They need to get off apple's nuts. Lol
7. pimpinmcd53 (Posts: 11; Member since: 01 Oct 2009)
okay number one the iphone is a piece of shit. its a toy. not a phone but the droids drawing application he used is terrible and who really cares cause that application thats not even a good one, has nothing to do with how good the touchscreen is because my screen is just as if not more responsive than any other touchscreen. droid ftw
57. rhomaion (Posts: 187; Member since: 23 Sep 2009)
This entire post was to say that the iPhone has a more "impressive" touchscreen then the other competition... And just for the record, if it's not a toy for someone to play with then what is it exactly? Your unfinished sentence leads me to believe it's junk if you can't even play with the thing. Dictionary anyone?
76. pimpinmcd53 (Posts: 11; Member since: 01 Oct 2009)
yeah dude i dont really care so you can stfu the iphone is a a big piece of glass with a shiny back, shitty camera, no multitasking, useless apps, no customization, no expandable memory, no flash, no NOTHING! except a cool little apple symbol. yeah so go ahead rip on this post now too iFaggot haha
8. weetanhops (Posts: 12; Member since: 10 Nov 2009)
There are inconsistencies with all types of screen. Some resistive types are more responsive than cheaper capacitive offerings, and resistive are more accurate for things like this. You also have to consider the resolutions. In the droid, I personally feel the resolution is ill-fitted to the screen. It offers brilliant clarity, but I think it would have been better served using a more "standard" resolution. Also, perhaps Motorola were less concerned with the accuracy of the touchscreen, considering they have the physical QWERTY for people to type on.
9. Legacystar (Posts: 131; Member since: 31 Dec 2009)
Maybe you have something here. Comparing how the drawins look on the iphone with its low res screen and how they look on the droids hi res screen could account for a lot of inconsistancy in a test like this. Pixel density would make lines look different
11. Fanboys Suck (Posts: 609; Member since: 12 Dec 2008)
With what you and Lagacy have said, I'd say this is a pretty bunk test.
31. rhomaion (Posts: 187; Member since: 23 Sep 2009)
iPhone low res and droid hi res? Did you smoke something before you posted that? Has Droid even sold 1 million units yet? Nope didn't think so... And it's on the "perfect" network too... hmm.
34. JackFace (Posts: 190; Member since: 03 Nov 2009)
imer-says-1.2-million-DROIDS-sold-by-Motorola-last-quarter-article-a_8675.html Not to rain on your parade, but they have.
35. JackFace (Posts: 190; Member since: 03 Nov 2009)
Apparently I can't edit that comment... try this: http://www.phonearena.com/html
37. Legacystar (Posts: 131; Member since: 31 Dec 2009)
yes iphone low res iphone-320x480 pixels droid- 854x480 pixels look it up before you oppose my comment.
58. rhomaion (Posts: 187; Member since: 23 Sep 2009)
That would make the Droid screen a higher res but that does still doesn't make the iPhone screen a low res screen. Understand what your saying first before you post it.
67. Legacystar (Posts: 131; Member since: 31 Dec 2009)
look at a droid and an iphone side by side, droid screen DESTROYS the iphone. hell i had a dumbphone samsung rogue and it has a nicer screen then the iphone.
14. TheEclectic (Posts: 77; Member since: 23 Sep 2009)
Listen haters, just because the iphone has a few things superior to other phones shouldn't make you feel so inferior that you have to come on to every pro-iphone article and try to bring it down. It just makes you seem cheap and insecure. So the iphone has a better touchscreen than the droid or nexus one, so what? My Droid has a 5MP camera, it also runs the best mobile OS in the world, not to mention higher resolution than either phone, not to mention a superior network in Verizon. Try to stay objective - the iphone set the standard and now there are phones that meet or exceed it in many different areas. All of this competition is only good for consumers because it means mobile technology will continue to try to outdo itself and others.
60. rhomaion (Posts: 187; Member since: 23 Sep 2009)
First off android is not the best mobile OS in the world. Hate to burst your bubble but webOS is no matter how you want to chop it up. It will bring along just as many apps as android and iphone OS so the whole "it has no apps" arguement can't be put into consideration.
68. Legacystar (Posts: 131; Member since: 31 Dec 2009)
have you read the lack of interest in building apps for webOS?? maybe thats why they only have 1000 apps you fucking noob.
74. TheEclectic (Posts: 77; Member since: 23 Sep 2009)
Well actually rhomaion, if WebOS was as great as you claim developers would be flocking, but they aren't. In fact, they are fleeing - so pragmatically speaking WebOS is a piece of shit. Android on the other hand is A) open source like WebOS b) has developers jumping on board exponentially C) Is continuing to be updated, refined, and perfected by arguably the most powerful tech company in the world in Google. I predict that Palm along with its WebOS will be dead within two years. A good OS it may be, but a tool is only useful if it is being used - making WebOS completely useless.
15. gdgt1 (Posts: 8; Member since: 09 Jan 2010)
iPhone is the best! You think the Motorola Droid will be around as long as the iPhone has been around? It will get discontinued just like all big time Motorola phones same for the HTC and Google phone....funny how the google app on iPhone runs faster and smoother then an Android device...and the iPhone does multi task... if anything it does more! people need to get their facts straight... having a physical keyboard is kool...FOR A GIRL....all droid owners hold on to your droid phones forever cuz you wont see a droid 2, 3, 4 etc...
16. vzw fanman (Posts: 1974; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
ok bro, i ignored everything you just said just because you spelled cool with a k. :-)
20. Legacystar (Posts: 131; Member since: 31 Dec 2009)
1. the iphone has been replaced twice already noob. you don't know there wont be a droid 2 and 3 2.i don't recall your iphone running google maps navigation or google voice so how can it run them faster? 3.the iphone does not multitask without jailbreak, and even with backrounder installed it does it half asses and chews the battery up. and there is no way to quick switch between running apps lol. 4. get your facts straigh iphone drone 5. tons of people prefere a keyboard. i will not own a phone without one since i had my voyager (best keyboard ever!)
32. rhomaion (Posts: 187; Member since: 23 Sep 2009)
Voyager? Wow. Oh yeah, the iPhone DOES actually use Google Maps you retard... You dumb asses post like you actually know something all the mean while just blowing shit of your pie holes you use for mouths...
38. Legacystar (Posts: 131; Member since: 31 Dec 2009)
i said google maps NAVIGATION. you just read part of things and not everything else. what about google voice?
39. Legacystar (Posts: 131; Member since: 31 Dec 2009)
i think you are the one blowing shit out of your pie hole and btw Voyager will pwn any iphone in text speed no contest
41. gdgt1 (Posts: 8; Member since: 09 Jan 2010)
Droid sucks...its sluggish! my gf happens to be a manager at verizon and i did a side by side comparison and my iPhone 3g blew it out the water! even on "Americas most reliable network" my at&t 3g web browsing was 10x faster over Verizons ...and if I may add the droid was on vzw wifi ! ... the reason why people hate the iPhone is because its on At&t ...once iPhone hits Verizon all you droid lovers will garbage your droid devices and buy an iPhone! and by default the iPhone already comes preloaded with google maps! and it runs better on an iPhone then any Android phone! And if it wasnt for Apple iPhone there never would of never been an Android phone..... all google did was copy iPhone and changed the face...both iPhone and Google OS run on the UNIX/LINUX kernal....i would rather have a phone that is fast as the speed of light then to have a phone that is super sluggish but can "multi-task" a feature people dont even use!
46. Legacystar (Posts: 131; Member since: 31 Dec 2009)
funny cause my droid out speeds my roomated iphone both on 3g everytime. iphone runs goole maps but not google maps navigation :)