Touch Bionics i-limb is a prosthetic hand that can be controlled with your iPhone
0. phoneArena 11 Apr 2013, 18:54 posted on
Prosthetics have come a long way, and Touch Bionics has been on the forefront of "smart" prosthetics with its i-limb ultra series. The newest addition is the i-limb ultra revolution which Touch Bionics says "is the first upper limb prosthesis that can be controlled via a mobile application", although the mobile app is only available for the iPhone right now...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Lift_Off (Posts: 152; Member since: 04 Apr 2012)
Technology is advancing too fast... good luck to all you students entering the tech field!
2. ocilfa (Posts: 334; Member since: 03 Aug 2012)
The first thing ever to be innovative about an iPhone!
3. tedkord (Posts: 5270; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
We can rebuild him. We have the technology. We can make him better than he was. Better...stronger...faster.
4. darkkjedii (Posts: 12637; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Man Ted I used to love that show. I youtubed the episode where he fought Bigfoot. Remember that one? And I had the action figure with the lens on the back of his head that was a tiny binocular.
6. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Now this is what I call "INNOVATION", but not from Apple....... :P
7. Droiddoes (unregistered)
I would rather saw off my hand with a butter knife than use an inovelty
8. TheRetroReplay (Posts: 245; Member since: 20 Mar 2012)
So a person loses one hand, gets a prosthetic hand that can be controlled with a phone that is held in their good hand...
Isn't that counter intuitive?