Toshiba shows off 13.3 inch tablet concept to be powered by NVIDIA Tegra 3
0. phoneArena 07 Mar 2012, 11:31 posted on
Back at CES 2012, we showed you three tablets displayed by Toshiba with the largest one sporting a 13.3 inch screen; this tablet was just displayed in the U.K. where the crew at PocketLint was able to get some pictures of the non-functional concept unit...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. GuiltyBystander (Posts: 199; Member since: 05 Mar 2012)
Okay, that's HUGE.. (that's what she said?)
3. JonBjSig (Posts: 176; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
With a tablet this size, no way is it made for the average consumer.
7. mrfwy (Posts: 20; Member since: 17 Feb 2012)
Well, yes and no..
Average? Who is to say everybody is average? Do all buy Apple?
About senior people? Just wonder what they would say...
8. JonBjSig (Posts: 176; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
What I mean is that a tablet this huge will be heavy and hard to lug around, tablets are meant to be mobile, so you can have a lightweight computer in your hands that you can use anywhere, that's the reason most people choose a tablet over a laptop.
This tablet will be like the Galaxy Note of tablets, it's bigger than most people will find comfortable.
4. DIYguy (Posts: 190; Member since: 27 Feb 2011)
13,3" isn't that big if you think about it... My laptop has a 17,3" screen and I can easily imagine myself using a tablet that size, as long as it isn't super heavy. (>300g)
5. Guest_star (Posts: 231; Member since: 30 Dec 2011)
give us WQXGA or QSXGA resolution display depending on ratio and I'm sold :D
6. Hello-dirt (Posts: 102; Member since: 02 May 2010)
As long as its 720p I'm sold. This is the size that needs to be made into a model the same as the Asus Transformer. This model needs a keyboard dock! I would love to have a tablet this size. If it was 1080p, I wouldn't be able to keep my money in my pocket.
9. Cwebb (Posts: 501; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
Has to be over 1080p and maybe even 1200+ because Asus/krApple/Huawei have already done it on a smaller screen. Though give me a 1200+ Super IPS with a keyboard dock and Tegra 4 and I'd preorder it the second it drops
10. steelicon (Posts: 317; Member since: 02 Apr 2011)
Let us play Battlefield 3 on it with reasonable FPS, then we're on it like a boss.
11. shy2papa (Posts: 295; Member since: 23 Jan 2010)
if this comes out with a keyboard dock that is backlit am all in ;)
12. jlscott777 (Posts: 45; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Sometimes you just have to think outside the box, in this case read the Phonearena article
and then think about a tablet with an ultrabook dock and a desktop dock. I can easily imagine a 15-17 inch tablet combo, running Windows 8 of course.