Toshiba Excite tablet trio unveiled, 13-inch Tegra 3 beast in tow
0. phoneArena 10 Apr 2012, 08:09 posted on
Remember that 13-inch tablet concept that Toshiba was showing off a month ago? Yeah, the device is official now and it is called the Toshiba Excite 13...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
Why not 1080p HD Screen? Battery should be good too. Hope build quality is nice too, unlike previous thrive tablets.
13" is a dream come true for hardcore tablet users - like me.
3. Jimstar (Posts: 259; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
what was wrong with the Thrive's build quality? I never handled one for more than 5 minutes but it felt pretty well built. Did they fall apart after a month?
4. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
well reviews said that, i haven't held one though. they say it feels cheap and flimsy.
5. Giggity (Posts: 147; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
The original Thrive got a fair share of cons and pros. Even though it made out of plastic, but the weight it puts out give people the sense of solid build. Speaker is a complete crap btw, bass completely distorted. I wouldn't consider it a top of the line tablet, just a mediocre and more practical Android tablet.
The new Thrive line up could tell a different story though.
Source: Me, owned the original Thrive
13. -box- (Posts: 3931; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
I've been waiting for a laptop-sized tablet for a while. It's about time.
2. speckledapple (Posts: 885; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
The 13 inch is a great idea but if they were going to do it, its silly to not have at least a 720p screen on that. Its just way too big not to have it. Also, I think this would have been perfect for Win 8 if they had waited and just improved the overall usefulness of the tablet by adding a better screen.
6. Doakie (Posts: 1409; Member since: 06 May 2009)
Wait I thought it had a 1600x900 display. Isn't that capable of running 1366x768(720p resolution)?
7. Doakie (Posts: 1409; Member since: 06 May 2009)
Dude. I'm totally down for that Excite 13. Huge screen, 4 speakers, full sd card slot and full size USB? Sounds like productivity heaven! My only question is should I sell my Galaxy Tab 10.1 now, or later?
9. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4526; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Me too, I really like the size! I am with you 100%!
+1 my man!
8. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4526; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
720p is 1280x720 pixel resolution. The Toshiba Exite 13 has a 1600x900 pixels resolution. That is better than 720p HD. A 52" 720p HD screen only looks good from about 10 feet or further. Any closer & the pixilation will be there because of the sheer size of the 52” of screen. On a 13" screen 1600x900 will look sweet & not pixilated.
The new iPad's sales are slowing down because the average customer can't see the difference in the new iPad's resolution of 2048x1536 V.S. the iPad 2's 1024x768 pixel resolution. People will pay for the less expensive iPad 2 because they can tell the difference.
The Toshiba 13" tablet is going to be sweet I think! The size is going to set it apart!
11. jmoita2 (Posts: 930; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
Tablet screen sizes are starting to approach TV ones...
14. djangosp2 (Posts: 2; Member since: 31 Mar 2012)
pshhh... Asus Transformer Pad Infinity Baby