Toshiba AT300 announced: 10.1-inch ICS Tegra 3 tablet clad in aluminum
0. phoneArena 25 May 2012, 04:33 posted on
The Toshiba AT300 is the latest tablet to feature Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, and with a 10.1-inch display, a quad-core Nvidia Tegra 3 chip and a thin, aluminum body…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. imkyle (Posts: 1072; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
It has been out for the last couple of weeks. I just got mine yesterday in the mail.
4. grif_ (Posts: 61; Member since: 28 Apr 2012)
nice bt I think tablets should ship with more than 1gb of ram.
6. shadowcell (Posts: 300; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
You think? This is 1GB of DDR3 RAM. The new iPad has 1GB DDR2. Do the math.
7. c.hack (Posts: 603; Member since: 09 Dec 2009)
You are aware that the iPad runs an entirely different OS, right? You can't compare RAM requirements between OSes. You may as well commpare it to Linux or BB OS.
9. shadowcell (Posts: 300; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
I'm comparing random access memory technology, not OS. I only used the iPad as a standard of what tablet manufacturers are using component wise this year but I guess I ignored the "sensitivity" issue.
If it makes you feel any better let me do a Android- only comparison: The Asus Transformer Prime uses 1GB DDR2 which means this Toshiba will have higher peak data transfer rates and clock speeds.
5. hung2900 (Posts: 956; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
One more time I think SS is ***** with the crap $400 Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
SS is great with almost products including Tab 2 7.0 but not that BS.
8. c.hack (Posts: 603; Member since: 09 Dec 2009)
Shoving out more generic android tablets isn't helping. They need to push out decent tablet apps. The selection is pathetic.
10. medicci37 (Posts: 1272; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
@ c. hack I agree 100%. At least put more ram in & better resolution. 2gigs of ram will be standard on high end cell phones soon. & The best Android tabs don't have better resolution than the Note (which came out last year)