Toray bringing self-repairing screen-protectors to market
0. phoneArena 06 Apr 2012, 19:01 posted on
Toray Advanced Film states that it is bringing some pretty futurist technology to market in the near future. It claims that it has developed a film that is able to repair itself in 10 seconds or less...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. denney (Posts: 98; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)
Self healing plastics. 20 year old technology, FUTURISTICALLY.
3. nak1017 (Posts: 328; Member since: 08 Jan 2010)
The optically clear and adhesive part took 20 years...
4. Chronos (Posts: 258; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
The company has to make sure that the screen protectors aren't able to receive fingerprint grease and dust so easily.
6. roscuthiii (Posts: 2149; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Fukushima? Good to hear their facility survived the devastation.
(Could it be some gamma radiation that lead to this mutant regeneration ability?)
8. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
It will stab you in your face everytime you try to push the buttons...self defense system)
9. sscott3548 (Posts: 15; Member since: 04 Apr 2012)
the coolest thing about this is that there calling it Wolverine-style!!
10. sgtdisturbed47 (Posts: 392; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
And if your phone falls into the toilet, it's destroyed.