Top smartphone vendor in China during April was Samsung
0. phoneArena 27 May 2013, 04:02 posted on
According to Hong Kong paper Ming Pao Daily, Korean manufacturer Samsung had the largest market share among smartphone vendors in China during the month of April; based on data from Sino Market Research, Samsung's 18.8% slice of the Chinese smartphone pie gave it a comfortable lead over second place Coolpad which had 11.5% of the smartphone market in China last month...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
12. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
3. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
As expected! Congratulations Samsung!!
4. mr.techdude (Posts: 569; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
On a big fan of android most especially with HTC and Samsung but I'm starting to relize that Samsung with all its success and huge market share, Samsung to me is starting to become the next apple, like outing there heads up so high thinking they are unstoppable. Any of u agree?
6. _Bone_ (Posts: 2151; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
I don't care of what they think, I care of end products, and they are putting insane money back to improve. If not for Samsung, smartphones would still be on iPhone level. Of course there's always a chance they become comfortable and along comes a great new company, but they haven't slowed down quite yet, flexible displays, foldable tabtops, wearable gadgets, smart cameras, all-device synching etc., they have plans 5 years ahead.
5. tiara6918 (Posts: 1949; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Is this the reason why Samsung is releasing multiple identical devices with different price tags? To target every market? No wonder samsung grabbed the no.1 spot
7. Edmund (Posts: 656; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
Dodgy chinese stat's as usual. The total equates to 58% . Add 5.4% for Apple and it becomes 62.4. Where is the other 37.6% ???
8. Topcat488 (Posts: 1348; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
Must they punish the other western OEM's really, plus China has its own companies putting out excellent smartphones too. Duh!
Domestic manufacturers accounted for 71% of the smartphones sold in China last month, while international manufacturers were responsible for the remaining 29%
9. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3655; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Coz Sammy listens customers' needs more often.
11. chocolaking (Posts: 494; Member since: 22 May 2012)
lol... what you pointed out is so true.
samsung = fakes everything.