Toddler uses eBay app and buys dad a used vintage car
0. phoneArena 11 Jul 2013, 05:09 posted on
You know how manufacturers like to show how easy their product is to use by saying "it's so simple even a baby can use it"? Sometimes, having a product that a baby can use is not a good idea; take the eBay app for example. It is so easy to use that 14 month old Sorella Stoute used it to accidentally purchase a 1962 Austin Healey for her dad. Luckily for her parents, the car cost only $225...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. samystic (Posts: 202; Member since: 25 Mar 2012)
"one thing led to another and we own a car"... fishy... did the toddler enter payment details as well???
6. lallolu (Posts: 293; Member since: 18 Sep 2012)
No, she bought it, but then he decided to pay for it later on when he saw that it was not so expensive.
In ebay, you can but an item but you do not have to pay immediately.
7. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
You can pay later after a purchase, and you cant cancel a purchase in eBay.
12. haroonazeem638 (Posts: 132; Member since: 29 Mar 2011)
Yes, you can cancel a purchase in ebay if you haven't paid for it yet. In fact, sometimes it's even possible to cancel a purchase and get a refund after you have paid for it (before it's shipped).
Just email the seller and ask nicely. If it's not an expensive item, they do it.
8. Dorothy69 (banned) (Posts: 498; Member since: 21 May 2013)
Yes, the toddler checked out with PayPal and even added a Message to Seller:
"People are so stupid that, they'll believe a middle-aged man whose going through a mid-life crisis and who is obviously SCREAMING, like a latent flame, for media attention when he alleges that I bought this piece of junk. Truth is, my dad was in one of his drunken stupors and thought he was opening the iMessage app on his iPhone; no wonder it wasn't working for him. Please send the car via U.S.P.S. so that someone at the Post Office is forced to work. Thank you, Baby X"
2. osubucks69 (Posts: 9; Member since: 12 Dec 2012)
Kinda sounds like yet someone else wanting their 15 minutes of fame...
5. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3135; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Looks like she won't be getting any fancy car on her 18th birthday.
10. DonkeySauce (Posts: 175; Member since: 03 Dec 2011)
Good for the parents for taking the responsibility!
11. VictorP (Posts: 24; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Story seems made up to me. a 14month old randomly clicks ebay app then randomly searches "piece of crap cars for cheap" then buys it... Hmmmm..
13. carlapark (Posts: 1; Member since: 08 Jan 2015)
This is one of those funny stories that is teaching us important lessons, in this case: don't allow your toddler to go shopping online, you don't know what you may end up with. He might as well start looking for auto parts and restore the car!