Today, Samsung launches the Galaxy S III globally
0. phoneArena 29 May 2012, 01:27 posted on
The Samsung Galaxy S III is probably the most anticipated Android handset for the year and the day when it finally launches is here for 28 countries across the globe…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
malaysia on 31st .
2. andrew1953 (Posts: 176; Member since: 13 Nov 2011)
Y'all wont get Pebble Blue for a while as some goose made a blue with the back cover and Samsung had to trash about 650,000. Still prefer the Note for reading books,newspaper articles and the stylus.
3. 1ceTr0n (Posts: 549; Member since: 20 May 2012)
S3 is a nice phone, but it's sad to see it all but covering up the beloved and now mostly ignored Galaxy Note. I've been listening to streaming jazz music stations, making personal s memo notes, looking at Google map to explore Portland via street view and keeping tabs on my tech website on my white Galaxy Note, all while reading a new self help book while sipping coffee in my recliner with my warm cat in my lap the last several hours on a single charge
I absolutely love my Note
4. ilia1986 (unregistered)
The Note is a great phone. However the SGS3 is much more future-proof because it's got a quad-core chip.
9. QinEmpire (Posts: 145; Member since: 16 May 2012)
Yeah right, by next year Samsung will dump you and release new handset without giving you updates.
21. ilia1986 (unregistered)
Or - if you know how to operate a mouse and a keyboard - you can flash a custom Rom - and be limited only by your device's physical attributes..
18. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
they are both great.... as long as you have the international note with exynos, it will be supported. The american S3 version is so-so.
However, just like everything else, the new device gets all the attention. no reason to cry over it.
6. mercorp (Posts: 998; Member since: 28 Jan 2012)
Get a galaxy note 10.1!
and I think samsung will discontinue the original note soon...
5. mercorp (Posts: 998; Member since: 28 Jan 2012)
I want it so much...
But it costs around 600$ in singapore on contract,and 998 off contract!:-(
(Typing this on a galaxy r,by the way.)
8. cGmC11 (Posts: 134; Member since: 02 Apr 2012)
I better hold for the next Nexus with the magical 5" AH-IPS 1080p RGB True Full HD 440ppi LCD & Android 5.0 Jelly Bean!
10. vaspvasp (Posts: 11; Member since: 23 May 2012)
looks like a half launch to me. All blue models are on hold and wont be available until god knows,as samsung has not informed retailers.
12. Fayeznoor (Posts: 65; Member since: 15 Nov 2011)
pakistan on 31st for Rs 60k. (US $660) 16gb white.
13. sammy_saw (Posts: 28; Member since: 07 Jan 2012)
In the Phil's still have to wait for 2nd or 3rd week of June to be available and the rumors to be 30k plus php or around $ 700 us dollar
20. jayrownage (Posts: 10; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
i heard it's approx $820 here in the Philippines off contract. around $60/mo with unlimited data on contract
14. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
it's 30 minutes more here before they launch it. I converted it and ends up to $760.
15. BharathV (Posts: 4; Member since: 17 Feb 2012)
Samsung Galaxy 3 Lauching on 31st March in India
17. tward291 (Posts: 559; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
from the page leak and rumor on tmobile news blog tmobile suppose to get it june 20
19. Credo (Posts: 731; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
is it already available in belgium??? i wanna touch it :)
22. ilia1986 (unregistered)
Launching on 6/6/12 here! :)
23. k1ng617 (Posts: 264; Member since: 13 Oct 2009)
Ohh the irony! Samsung makes fun of iPhonies lining up on launch day so are these the Samsung "sheep"?
24. Evil_SaNz (Posts: 259; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)
Yeh I don't understand the purpose to waste days of our life in a line while you can comfortably get the phone some days after =\ bad phenomena indeed. For sure the phone won't get out of stock...
25. ilia1986 (unregistered)
No. Contrary to lSheep - these people actually are buying a very very very capable phone.
26. xoatomxo (Posts: 57; Member since: 26 Apr 2011)
why do we have to wait freaking long time for galaxy to launch in US