To ban or not to ban, that is the question as Samsung and Apple prepare for yet another showdown
0. phoneArena 16 Jul 2013, 10:08 posted on
Just when we began appreciating life without what can be best summarized as an incessant drone, courtesy of Samsung and Apple, we're brought back to reality and reminded that despite the duo getting back to work the companies are far from burying the hatchet...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. ajac09 (Posts: 1405; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
personally I feel now both are only suing for the publicity it generates for both sides.
7. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
no, Apple started so must pay for everything! Let's don't lose your bone, dear Samsung, get that rotten fruit: :)
2. Topcat488 (Posts: 1191; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
Lawyers are the only ones smiling in this horror movie.
3. Kurai (unregistered)
The battle of the babies
6. joey_sfb (Posts: 3953; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Please don't change what has work since the beginning of economic. Everything compete in an open market. New economic are formed while some falls. Willing buyer happy seller.
8. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6973; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
HOW BOUT DROP THE LAW SUIT. and get on with your lives
9. NexusKoolaid (Posts: 343; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
To ban or not to ban? That's an easy one... Apple and Sumsung lawyers should be BANNED from the courtroom.
10. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
August 5th can't come soon enough, I am counting down the days until I am finally rid of iPhone 4 and iPad 2 aka iPhone 3G/4S and iPad "New" and "New Again", respectively. I will be in Times Square rejoicing: "free at last, free at last, thank iGod almighty we're free at last!"
12. _Bone_ (Posts: 2147; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
I'd like to get a figure of absolutely ridiculous amount of free press Samsung got over this case. Everybody and your grandmother learnt the Korean manufacturer's name, and that they have iPhone-matching products, Sammy sold more smartphones since the 1Bil verdict than in all the years before. There were days when local news channels, never covering tech news, were all over it, I mean the total worth of the Samsung name circulation must be at least $4-5Bil.
13. VZWuser76 (Posts: 2480; Member since: 04 Mar 2010)
I wonder how much taxpayer money has been wasted on this BS.
15. Kayle (banned) (Posts: 40; Member since: 26 Jun 2013)
Still waiting for that public apology Apple :)
16. roscuthiii (Posts: 1887; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Not to ban. Company still make money through either fines or licensing fees, and doesn't have their public image tarnished as being petty, stifling, or monopolistic.
17. Taters (Posts: 3824; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
I still do not get how people can fault both companies for this. It is obviously strictly Apple's fault 100%. Telling both companies to grow up is very backwards. What is Samsung supposed to do? Let Apple bully them like HTC did? Defending yourself is not being petty. It is just surviving.
If Apple wants to make be claims, then it is only fair that Samsung makes be claims. Especially when Apple is 1.5 billion ahead.
18. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3370; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Frenemies... and the love-hate relationship goes on...