Tizen-loaded Samsung Z delayed again
0. phoneArena 11 Jul 2014, 09:40 posted on
Samsung has been working on its own mobile OS for a while now. Dubbed Tizen, the project is backed by Intel and LG and is already used to power the Samsung Gear 2 and Gear 2 Neo smartwatches. Following the April release of the wearables, every tech-head was already eagerly awaiting the announcement of a phone, built around the new OS.
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Ashoaib (Posts: 2605; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
(Tizen about to dive after Bada, never to be seen after?)
if samsung keep feeling afraid and demotivated then for sure it will doom soon
2. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3667; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
As I've said it many times, The OS itself is ill-fated, Since the trojan horse Elop touched (and kicked out) meego (now tizen), its been suffering LOL.
6. elitewolverine (Posts: 2744; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
Trojan or reality. How many years has it been? Yet tizen is still not ready? And people thought it was ready back then? Please, it was a dead endeavor for nokia at the time.
3. Anshulonweb (Posts: 427; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
don't worry Samsung, we don't care......
5. ianneo (Posts: 39; Member since: 15 Dec 2013)
This is exactly like Bada or Jolla OS. Because Android is SO heavily implanted into Samsung, this is going to be a success for the like, the first month, then forgotten and just known as a flop.
7. elitewolverine (Posts: 2744; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
Not if the samsung followers care if it is android or not. Only the android faithful care. I would wager 1 in 10 people that i help with daily could care less if their galaxy light is running android 4.x.
11. HouTexan (Posts: 345; Member since: 08 Jan 2012)
Exactly. Your average, everyday user doesn't really care if it's running android or not.
8. alumoyo (Posts: 258; Member since: 26 Aug 2013)
Looks like Eldar Murtazin might be right after all - this thing is going nowhere.
9. GreekGeek (Posts: 893; Member since: 22 Mar 2014)
An OS with ZERO demand and interest needs to be delayed forever.
10. Loubielou (Posts: 327; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Samsung are having the same Trouble Nokia had Advancing Symbian Further,at least Samsung know they do not want to release phones that are no competition with its Android phones,Nokia wouldn"t admit they were struggling with Symbian an still kept releasing phones,but then got themselves in trouble letting consumers down,an there name became unpopular and needed Microsoft to Save them