Title of fastest GPU goes to Samsung's Hummingbird
0. phoneArena posted on 17 Dec 2010, 03:53
Many devices featuring different graphic processors were pitted against each other in speed tests courtesy of GLBenchmark 2.0, with Samsung’s Hummingbird chipset blowing the competition away with two of their Android-powered phones…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. baldilocks posted on 17 Dec 2010, 04:41 0
Yeah, this list just doesn't make sense. I have both the iPhone 4 and the 3GS and the 3GS is in NO way faster. I call bogus on this study.. sorry.
5. ap (unregistered) posted on 17 Dec 2010, 06:04 2
Theres nothing bogus in this article.....the iPhone 3GS has a resolution of 320X480 with a 600 Mhz processor, so in comparison it's processor has to create 1/4th the no. of pixels that the iPhone 4's A4 processor (at 850 Mhz) creates at 640X960. That is the reason why the 3GS fared better in the test. Real life conditions will be very different.
13. nak1017 posted on 17 Dec 2010, 10:07 0
That makes perfect sense! Take any PC game, turn the resolution up and watch the FPS fall... though SUCH a low frame rate for both the new apple products seems a little suspicious, I'd expect them atleast on par with N1 or the Droid 1.
2. baldilocks posted on 17 Dec 2010, 04:41 0
The iPhone 4 is not clocked at 850Mhz, but rather 1Ghz.
4. ap (unregistered) posted on 17 Dec 2010, 05:57 1
The iPhone 4's A4 processor is actually under-clocked to 850Mhz, from 1Ghz! Get your facts right....
8. baldilocks posted on 17 Dec 2010, 06:48 0
There is no proof that it is underclocked. Besides, people who don't register don't know their facts.
16. maxp (unregistered) posted on 17 Dec 2010, 19:07 1
You obviously don't know much about phones... GPU is different from CPU. A4 I would hope is under clocked or else its a poor excuse for a chip. its under clocked to save battery's. Don't be a dick to people especially when you made that stupid comment up top.
19. ap (unregistered) posted on 18 Dec 2010, 02:36 1
You had to go ahead and make a fool out of yourself didn't you?? And moreover you own both the 3GS and the iPhone4!! :D
3. sudhaman (unregistered) posted on 17 Dec 2010, 05:45 0
when tegra 2 dual core comes out its goanna blow out all of this.
6. ap (unregistered) posted on 17 Dec 2010, 06:06 0
I could say the same about Tegra 2 when Samsung's 'Orion' chipset enters the mobile phone market :P
7. Mobile-x-Pert (unregistered) posted on 17 Dec 2010, 06:47 1
Just wait until Intel and Nokia release their Dual-Core mobile CPU and GPU, that´s blow out everything else
20. ap (unregistered) posted on 18 Dec 2010, 02:38 0
I won't be so sure about that....but why not!
9. ghost_uwi posted on 17 Dec 2010, 07:50 0
Well its great that humming bird is high up in graphics but apple has all the cool games so....
I am a droid fan encase anyone gonna say apple lover or something
10. bucky posted on 17 Dec 2010, 08:22 0
i dont care how fast the gpu is in the samsung's...
If a phone has to be hacked, bashed, caressed, developed, taken apart and then spit shined by xda just to run half decent on a daily basis its not worth 10 beans.
11. kgbpsi (unregistered) posted on 17 Dec 2010, 08:35 0
you're a dumbass, fuck you. Thanks to fucks like you, our demand for technology is slow and huge advances don't take place because people like you "don't care".
15. bucky posted on 17 Dec 2010, 15:15 0
did i bang your mom or something? In that case i would prefer you call me "dad" not dumbass.
We are talking about phones right?
The phones are good on paper, but they are not worth my hard earned money if they have to be heavily modified to work properly.
22. remixf (unregistered) posted on 18 Dec 2010, 17:57 0
your comment holds no water as the phones in the test are not modified. heck the galaxy S tested is still running 2.1, doesnt get the advantage of the JIT compiler, and it still edged out the nexus running 2.3 (even though its almost the exact same phone).
12. DontHateOnS60 posted on 17 Dec 2010, 09:17 0
This test included only the phones above. There's still a massive amount that haven't even been tested yet.
14. skymitch89 posted on 17 Dec 2010, 11:41 0
The only part of this that I believe is the fact that the Hummingbird processor is really good. The myTouch 4G has a newer and higher clocked processor than the G2 and outperforms it at almost every kind of benchmark that can be found on the Android Market. Not to mention that the iPhone 4 and iPad should be at or above the Evo 4G and Optimus One, and defiantly higher than the iPhone 3GS. Who is to say what the processor is clocked at on an Apple product. They don't tell what it is clocked at, so how would we know?
17. OsirisRa posted on 17 Dec 2010, 23:31 0
My Nokia 900 made the list and its only pushing 600mhz. Now if only Nokia could get there OS straight. Love Maemo and waiting for Meego.
18. bucky posted on 18 Dec 2010, 01:04 0
The n900 was an awesome phone. I wish it had 3g in canada though.