Tim Cook said to have met with Samsung execs to discuss patents
According to The Korea Times, this meeting has already happened between Apple's Tim Cook and Samsung's Choi Gee-sung and Shin Jong-kyun on July 16. Unfortunately, it isn't known if the execs have reached any consensus. However, the source does mention that people familiar with the matter claim that Samsung still views Apple as a valuable business partner.
Business partners or not, patent lawsuits have long become part of the daily grind for both Cupertino and Seoul. The U.S. trial between Apple and Samsung is set to begin on July 30, so let's hope it'll be quickly resolved thanks to that precursory high-level meeting.
1. mercorp posted on 19 Jul 2012, 06:03 7 1
Hope that the galaxy nexus can be sold again soon.
8. maxican16 posted on 19 Jul 2012, 07:03 6 0
It's on sale through the play store. To my knowledge, VZW never stopped selling it.
9. Non_Sequitur posted on 19 Jul 2012, 07:10 1 0
No one ever stopped selling it. The Play Store said "coming soon" for a few days, maybe less. That's all that happened.
2. richardyarrell2011 (banned) posted on 19 Jul 2012, 06:19 7 8
Friends we are not business partners that will never be. Piss on Apple plain and simple.
12. remixfa posted on 19 Jul 2012, 08:47 4 0
huh? theyve been business partners for years. Who do you think makes the bulk of the insides of the iphones? samsung. lol. iphones would have been much different without samsung parts.
19. maxican16 posted on 19 Jul 2012, 12:59 1 0
Welcome to the Department of Redundancy Department. ;)
4. som posted on 19 Jul 2012, 06:19 9 8
Apple have no rights to ban Samsung products no matter what the Patent Wars are all about.
13. darkkjedii posted on 19 Jul 2012, 08:53 6 2
If u don't work for apple, or Samsung then shutup. U r a consumer, u know nothing about the legal side of this. Please b quiet.
6. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 19 Jul 2012, 06:46 3 3
This of course not about the patents, it's about market share and this is just Apple's tactics to soften public discontent over the iTROLL's behaviour.
7. InspectorGadget80 posted on 19 Jul 2012, 06:50 0 6
Fck u tim cook n your mistress judge koh. You dont even care bout competition. How bout firing your lawyers first that keep putting injunctions against samsung.
10. tedkord posted on 19 Jul 2012, 08:33 9 1
If you know anything about Tim Cook, you'll know Judge Koh is not his type.
17. Packer29 posted on 19 Jul 2012, 10:05 0 3
At this point its so obvious that Apple has no interest in working things out or getting back to innovation. I don't have to work with Samsung Apple or the lawyers to know that Apples action are petty and pathetic that's obvious!