Tim Cook: 'never fear cannibalization' and Apple's pipeline is 'chock full of incredible stuff'
0. phoneArena 24 Jan 2013, 04:47 posted on
Apple's CEO Tim Cook took to the airwaves yesterday to shed some light on the future vision of the company, after a record quarter but disappointing guidance made Wall Street's jumpy investors even more jittery, prompting huge stock selloff after hours...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. andro. (Posts: 1999; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
He's essentially saying he knows all apple products are pretty much the exact same device with different screen sizes,and that if Ifans buy one they more than likely will buy them all. Its like pokemon.
4. MeoCao (unregistered)
"incredible stuffs" by Cook's standard: according to him 340ppi Retina is the best beating 440ppi screens of Android.
I guess he thinks that take anything, slap Apple's logo on it and the thing instantly becomes "incredible".
25. phonemirer (Posts: 111; Member since: 07 Dec 2012)
wasnt it 326 or something like that ?? anyway , it will be very difficult take down apple, it is just too rich and there are a lot of mind closed ifans
23. appleDOESNT.com (banned) (Posts: 456; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
Chock full? really? to the company that was a blip on nobody's radar from the 70's-00's, a couple of 1 hitters, 4 total useful products and 3 of them are basically the same in different sizes. Sorry Cook, your leader is dead, and apple is scrambling to remain relevant.. which you are losing and fast.
12. jsdechavez (Posts: 731; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
...means I'm no longer buying Apple products. They update it too soon. Apple is no longer cool.
2. kainy (Posts: 165; Member since: 10 Aug 2011)
incredible stuff like iPhone 4s and iPhone 5? huh
8. blingblingthing (Posts: 533; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
Yes. The headphone jack is now at the bottom baby. Game over.
18. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Iph5s multi color phones?
3. MC1123 (Posts: 1255; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
i wish the rumor of the 3 iPhone is true.. but then again this is apple, only releasing one device in a year....
but that would be nice.. taller iPhone (4.3-4.5" would be nice but i guess 4.8" will be the trend now since all the android phones are now at 5" and other platform are pressured by this so 4.8 with very thin bezel it a +)
taller iPhone and 4" polycarbonate iPhone for emerging market!
but apple should still need to make the iOS with something new and have that "WOWWWWW" factor!
5. drnggaj33 (Posts: 127; Member since: 29 Feb 2012)
the same ios again maybe diffrent style no new hardwear zzzzzzzz!!!!!!!! apple customers are getting tired of it i see it all the time i worked for vzw and now att ...what they need to do is update the ios they will i have a feeling they're gonna add widgets like the andriod phones to try and step up plus find a way to close all apps at one time not one by one but thats it
6. martinlosha (unregistered)
Tim Cook really needs to take his d**k out of his Mouth ...
7. jove39 (Posts: 1875; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Hmmm...I thought Incredible stuff means...new devices...but its just annual refresh of existing devices!
10. darkkjedii (Posts: 21683; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Looking forward to apples 2013. Should b some pretty cool devices released.
14. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Depends mostly on the iOS 7, I'd say.
Apart from that, the MacBook Air with retina should indeed be worth looking forward to
16. drnggaj33 (Posts: 127; Member since: 29 Feb 2012)
ios7 gonna add widgets and one button kill switch to kill all apps zzzzz really think bout the same stuff over and over again blowing money fast
20. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1718; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
You mean like the same damn things they have been doing for the past 5-6 years? Same look, minor spec bump so people think they are getting an "upgrade" with next to no changes to iOS except maybe adding some stuff Android already has LOL
21. Droiddoes (unregistered)
Based on what? Their stellar history of releasing basically the exact same thing year after year?
24. lyndon420 (Posts: 4455; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
What kind of 'devices' are you hoping to see from them this year?
17. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Their stuff all the same
19. Aeires (unregistered)
Poor Tim, essentially Apple is doing everything right and they still get beat on. Maybe one day they'll realize the constant lawsuits were a bad idea.
22. Droiddoes (unregistered)
I hope not, their strategy of "sue sue sue" last year cost them big. LMFAO at their stock price yesterday. Let them keep on how they are and they'll be dead in a few years. I cannot wait.
26. tryingHARD (Posts: 64; Member since: 31 Dec 2012)
whatever you say lossers! apple will always be on top. android will always be second. i will always buy apple. android is just really annoying! you know why? because of fandroids like you! i would like android but due to your s**theadedness, i will always hate it! poor company, dragged down by mouthful of losser fandroids! hahahaha! i have all apple products! i always laugh at people with plastic phones! hahahahaha
27. srgonu (Posts: 254; Member since: 13 Feb 2012)
keep "tryingHARD" to convince yourself. You are the loser not enjoying better Mobile OS.. no one cares.
28. miguel6632 (Posts: 21; Member since: 25 May 2012)
are you relly trully happy with the same phone over and over again
32. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Miguel, there is a sucker born every minute....APPLE's new motto for iphone 5S, XL MATH, and ipad min 2, and ipad 5.
31. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Wow, such an unintelligent argument...hating a phone because of perceived fans' actions...such a sorry life...